Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Chevron Dialing
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Thor Jr
Live Long and don't die

you cant see the spinning ring on the back, the back is just plain and simple.

the fountain that shouts out when the gate is engaged does actually go in both directions, and if you actually watch it engaging on the film, it looks super cool at the back

Thor Jr

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-15-2002 11:21 PM
Thor Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thor Jr Click here to Send Thor Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Thor Jr Add Thor Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Axinne - agreed. It was speculated that there was a function like that, which is how the gate determined which way to re-intergrate matter at the other end.

Old Post 07-16-2002 02:51 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Axinne
Ya sure ya betcha

The one specualted theory, however, that I just dont get is the one about how when you go thru the gate it changes your brain chemistry so that you can understand the language of the planet you are going to. Now thats just not believable to me....how could you do that? I mean, thats just too far-fetched, why would the Ancients do that? Wouldn't they want other cultures to learn about each other thru language?

Old Post 07-17-2002 02:55 AM
Axinne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Axinne Click here to Send Axinne a Private Message Find more posts by Axinne Add Axinne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

The theory you said is a joke theory that goes around on the net... its not real, as in not cannon on a fake show.

Old Post 07-17-2002 10:41 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

And bringing this back on topic -

quote:
where are the link queens????

On holidays hence the late reply. That thread is here

The gate can, if my calculations are correct, dial to 1,987,690,320 worlds (either that or 2,760,681 but leave that with me). Including the eight cheveron then it's 63,606,090,240 (or 107,666,559).

How I got those numbers, if you're interested (and can correct me if I'm wrong) - The first one is by multipling 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33 and 1 (the 1 is because the last cheveron has to be the home glyph of that planet). And with the eight cheveron I multiplied that number by 32.
For the second number I used the calculator for and can't remeber the name of the method, dammit, and I just did the Leaving a month ago

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 07-17-2002 09:14 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adonis
Nobody Listen' to Techno!

Iteration?

Old Post 07-18-2002 08:10 PM
Adonis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adonis Click here to Send Adonis a Private Message Find more posts by Adonis Add Adonis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by Bose-Einstein
Yeah, they have a stuffed crust in the gate, and whatever end all the cheese runs to is the bottom, so the gates align themselves according the position of the cheese within said stuffed crust.

i.e. (let me plug into Mr. Wizard Mode ) the Stargate's orientation in its matter re-integration cycle is aligned on the lateral plane with the strongest gravity well in proximity to the gate.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 07-18-2002 09:59 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ali_g_4th

Numbr of gates.

This is the number of gates that CAN BE (ie max possible destinations)

Note ? this is all assuming that the order dialled Doesn?t matters

There are 38 Glyphs on the Stargate (plus the Point of Origin, being the 39th), and all addresses in our galaxy need 6 points in space, then the total number of possible Stargates in our galaxy is 2,760,681.

If the Stargate goes to other galaxies needing 7 Glyphs plus the Point of Origin, then the total number of possible Stargates is 12,620,256.

If the ninth Chevron comes into use in the future, the number of possible combinations for 8 Glyph addresses (plus Point of Origin) grows to 48,903,492 possible Stargates in the universe.

Number of Glyphs = ?G?
(This will always be 38 on the Stargate, the 39th Glyph in the Point of Origin)

Number of Chevrons giving an address (the last Chevron will be Point of Origin) = ?C?
(i.e. normally seven symbols to dial an address, therefore the value of C will be 6, the final symbol being Point of Origin).

Maximum number of possible Stargates requiring ?C? points in space as an address = N

[ (G)! ] / [ (C)! * (G-C)! ]= N

Old Post 08-12-2002 07:54 AM
ali_g_4th is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ali_g_4th Click here to Send ali_g_4th a Private Message Find more posts by ali_g_4th Add ali_g_4th to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

OH GOD MATH! (hears brain sizzle)
I'll just take your word for it that the Stargate can go LOTS of places. The exact number is unimportant to me.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-12-2002 03:06 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote