Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Breaking the Rules - The Teen Factor Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Location: Elven name: Merenwen Loss?helin So I live in the woods

Breaking the Rules - The Teen Factor

For ages Me and Charlie Carter have been saying we know each other and that I am Jo O'Neill so for all you confused peeps out there heres the story The whole story(well the start of it)

CC: I have to say right now that I typed it up on my Mac and that Jo aka Jack's HAt is co-author.

JH: In simple terms I helped.

Here we go! See what you think!!!!

Title: Breaking The Rules
Author: Charlie Carter
E-mail: [email protected]
Series/Sequel: Err, somewhere in season 4 I think!
Spoilers: Broca Divide, Divide and Conquer, Upgrade
Category: Romance
Rating: 12
Content Warnings: None
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended.
Summary: The tension breaks?
Author?s Notes: Feedback is appreciated. A LOT! And if we get no feedback, there will be no Part 2. You have been warned...

In modern day society, relationships between military personnel is a bad thing. I think?

They had issues. No one could dispute that fact. Ever since that mission to that planet with the ?Touched,? when they?d caught the disease and she?d gone crazy about him. And the time Anise had brought them those damn armbands, and they?d gone on a mission without permission, and the bands stopped working when there was a force field between them. She?d told him to go; he said no. And the time they?d had to admit that to show they weren?t Zatarcs. His words still rang true. But the job came first. Always.

In the mess hall, Sam and Daniel talked about a new strategy to defeat the entire Goa?uld population. Teal?c corrected their mistakes, adding comments. As they ate their breakfast, Jack ran into the room, almost late for their daily chat.
?Morning, kids,? he said, grabbing a coffee. Sam frowned.
?No breakfast again, Sir?? she enquired. Jack sighed. Having a conversation with Carter, rule number one: always evade the breakfast comments.
?So, Danny boy, didja watch the game last night?? He sat opposite Daniel, sipping his coffee. Daniel nearly choked on his bagel at this.
?Jack, you know I do NOT watch television on a Sunday night,? he spluttered. ?That time is my artefact inspection time. And anyway, I don?t watch baseball.? Jack stared at his buddy.
?It was football,? he intoned. ?Not baseball.? He leaned back in his chair. ?Baseball?s on Saturday.? Sam had to laugh at Teal?c. He looked completely at a loss. Then the almost familiar warning rang out.
?Visitors,? groaned Jack, as he sprung out of his seat. If it was the Tok?ra with another goddam suicide mission?.

The Stargate burst into life, and SG-1 ran into the gateroom. General Hammond watched eagle-eyed from the briefing room. He knew SG-1 could handle themselves, but who was it? Back in the gateroom, Sam waited expectantly. The iris was offline, so it could be anyone. Through the gate entered Thor, SG-1?s favourite little grey alien. Jack?s face lit up.
?Hey, Thor buddy! Watcha doin? here?? Thor looked unwell. He gazed at O?Neill, the Asgard?s favourite human. His voice was shakier than usual, but in a way, proud.
?We have almost beaten the replicators, O?Neill. It is a joyous occasion, thanks to Major Carter,? he replied. Sam beamed. She?d shown Thor how to beat the replicators, and still had time to save the colonel and Teal?c from death. Jack still hadn?t really thanked her for that.
?But why did you come through the Stargate?? asked Daniel. ?I mean, you?ve got a ship, right?? Daniel was right, Thor always travelled by ship unless there were no ships to be had. Teal?c felt uneasy at this. Thor was evidently in pain as he spoke, and he left the room.
?I am no longer able to own a ship, Doctor Jackson.? Everyone stared as Teal?c left, and then turned to Thor.
?Why not??
?Because I am unwell.? Jack was astounded. Thor? Sick? This kind of thing shouldn?t happen. Teal?c re-entered the room, this time with the general.
?Thor, nice to see you,? commented Hammond. ?But why are you here?? The question asked, Thor inhaled and explained his embarrassing situation.
?I have a human illness that the Asgard are unable to cure. It is what you call scarlet fever.? Jack tried not to laugh. He tried, honest.
And failed.
He burst into roaring laughter as the doctor came into the room. She had been alerted that Thor might be ill and had brought an array of treatments with her.
?Okay, this looks like?? she didn?t even finish her sentence.
?Scarlet fever, Janet,? said Sam. She did find the thought amusing, but did not express this like her commanding officer.
?Right. So where?s a good place to inject the treatment?? She knew nothing of Thor?s physiology. He pointed out a place, and she administered the treatment. ?It will take a moment to get through your bloodstream,? she told him. He corrected her.
?It has already worked. That is the way with the Asgard. Thank you, Doctor Frasier.? He left through the ?gate.
?Okay people, back to work,? ordered the General. Sam began the trek to her lab, but was stopped by Jack. He?d stopped laughing.
?Can we talk??
?Sure,? she replied, and together they walked to the lab.
?I never really thanked you for saving me from death-by-replicator, did I? Well, do you want to go for dinner one night? It?s on me,? he added. She knew he was nervous, but then again, she?d not been expecting that.
?Uhh, sure,? she said, still wary of what he?d said. His face broke into a grin.
?Great. See you later.? He ran in the direction of Daniel?s office as she smiled serenely.

Dinner had been arranged. They would go see a movie, then eat. That way, they?d have something to talk about. But Sam knew they couldn?t just talk about a film all night, so she watched a game of football with her dad the night before.
She was nervous. Going out with her commanding officer in a purely ?thanks for saving my life? way. Nothing more, right? Still, she wasn?t too sure about that.
He was nervous. It had taken a lot of courage to ask Sam to dinner in a non-relationship sense. It didn?t feel right. There was something there, but what? Love? Hate? He honestly didn?t know.
Later, they stumbled out of the cinema, laughing. The ushers had almost broken the projectors when they?d tripped over the wires. That had been the highlight of the movie. Jack suggested a Chinese restaurant; Sam agreed. She was starved.
For the next hour, they talked about the game Sam had watched. She?d been wise; if she hadn?t watched it, the conversation would have died up. They considered tactics, players, fouls, the list seemed endless. The food was good and the company, in Jack?s opinion, was attentive and smart. She never once complained about him or the conversation. Was she for real?
They walked in the moonlight en route to Sam?s apartment silently, neither knowing what to say. This didn?t feel within the law, somehow, yet it had originally been a social ?friendly? dinner. They reached Sam?s front door. She turned to face him.
?Well, thanks for tonight,? she said. ?I guess I?ll see you tomorrow.? He looked at her, then moved closer. So did she. Their lips met, and they both thought exactly the same thing.
Not a word.

Jack walked along to the mess hall with a spring in his step. After last night?s kiss, he was ecstatic and had to have a shower to check he wasn?t dreaming. He was so happy, he thought he?d burst.
?Morning, kids!? He grabbed a coffee and sat opposite Sam. She said nothing, but munched her pastry happily. Daniel raised an eyebrow at Sam. She shrugged.
?He?s going to ignore me if I ask him, so why bother?? she said. The truth was, she wasn?t bothered. Last night was fantastic! She was happy. No, happy was too normal. She was?elated. Overjoyed. She felt carefree. This was good.
?SG-1 to the briefing room,? hollered the speakers. Then they hollered again.
?Incoming traveller.? Jack looked at Sam.
?Who??
They raced to the gate room, while Teal?c and Daniel ran to the briefing room overhead. The Stargate?s backwash subsided, and an IDS code was received. The iris retracted, and Jacob and Freya entered.
?Dad!? Sam ran up the ramp to greet her father, while Jack watched them embrace. He signalled to the general and made his way up to the briefing room.

?WHAT?!?? Jack was astounded at what the Tok?ra had requested this time. Let Sam go on a one-way trip to kick some Goa?uld emissary ass, so that they could anticipate the next move of their enemy. And what?s more, only Sam. ONLY Sam!!
?Jack, I know Sam?s up to surviving this, otherwise I would have recommended you. Anyway,? continued Jacob. ?Tok?ra resources are thin at the moment, and we?ve only got a single one-man ship left.? Sam stood up.
?Sir, with your permission,? she asked the general. ?I?d like to accept this mission. But not till tomorrow. I have guests at my place tonight.? She was partly telling the truth. She had Jack round tonight. The general nodded.
?Agreed. Jacob, you make sure she comes back through that Stargate alive.? Jacob smiled. ?Dismissed.? Anise and Selmak rose. They would leave to return tomorrow.

Later that night, Sam and Jack were in a warm embrace. Their passion had filled the room, but she would be gone tomorrow. Gone, and maybe never return. Jack got up, kissed her, and went home. She went to sleep, ready for the task that awaited her.

?Chevron seven, locked.? The Stargate was active, and Sam walked through.
(Imagine the wormhole sequence here)
She stepped out and gasped. A ship was ready and waiting for her. She ran to the ramp and stopped. How was she supposed to get in?
?No keys, Sam?? She turned round. Jacob smiled. ?It?s open. Go ahead.?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:44 PM
jack's hat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack's hat Click here to Send jack's hat a Private Message Find more posts by jack's hat Add jack's hat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Her mission had been a success. She had returned weeks ago. But she wasn?t feeling too good. Janet had prodded her with several sharp instruments, and was asking her questions.
?Have you been sick??
?Yes ? every morning.?
?Ah.? Janet gave her a box and pointed to the curtain.

?Hmm,? said Janet, minutes later.
Sam?s eyes were closed. She didn?t want to know. Janet sighed.
?As from now, you are no longer on active duty.? Sam opened her eyes and smiled. Janet smiled back. They went to the general and explained her predicament.
She was pregnant.

?Pregnant?? spluttered Jack and Daniel. Teal?c gave her a wane smile.
?Congratulations, Major Carter.? She beamed.
?I?m no longer on active duty, so you?ll have to come round and see me.?
Jack pondered. Was it his? Most likely. Sam was a one-man woman. But if it was his?.
Uh oh.
He said nothing. She knew.

The door slammed shut as Jack entered her apartment. She knew the consequences. So did he. He stormed into the room, where he found her with an innocent look on her face.
?It?s not my fault,? she said. He sighed.
?I know. Excuse me for a moment.? He went into the next room and screamed for a while. Then he screamed for a bit longer. He re-entered the room and looked at Sam.
?I?m done.?

?Dad,? Sam sighed. ?I?m pregnant.? A silence. More silence. Even more silence. ?Dad??
?I?m going to be a grandfather again. I?m going to be a grandfather again. Wow.? Sam?s relief overwhelmed her. She clutched the phone less tightly.
?So, whose is it?? Damn.
?Uhh, I can?t say.? Uh oh.
?Sam, I won?t tell anyone. Promise.?
?Ohh, okay. It?s Jack?s.? More silence.
?Sam, that?s not good.?
?I know.?
?Who else knows??
?Jack, Daniel, Teal?c, the general??
?I meant, who else knows it?s Jack?s??
?Jack.?
?That all? Oh. Well, I?ve got news. Freya also happens to be pregnant.?
?Oh, wow! Tell her I said congratulations!? What a weird twist. Hmm, wonder whose it is?
?Okay, Sam. You go and get some rest now, sweetie, ?kay??
??Kay.? She hung up. The doorbell rang. Wow, now that?s timing?
It was Daniel and Teal?c.
?Hey Sam. We came to see if you were okay. Jack said he?d be here, but I haven?t seen his car around, so?? Daniel tailed off. He was worried about her. As a friend. He shared common interests. She understood his anguish. Whenever he was sick, she worried about him.
?Well, come in.? They entered and presented her with a surprise.
?Oh, thank you!? Lots of books to read, yay. To be honest, she was tired, but decided that because she had guests, she?d make the effort to stay awake. The doorbell rang again, and Daniel stood up.
?It?s probably Jack. I?ll get it.? He was half right. Jack had stayed at the mountain base to pick up Jacob, who rushed in to his daughter.
?Sam, are you okay?? He immediately started to fuss, but she held him back.
?I?m fine, dad. Just a little sleepy. How?s Freya??
?Fine. She sends her congratulations, too.? The conversation stayed maternal for a while, until Jack butted in.
?Excuse me, but do we really have to talk about this? Teal?c looks nauseous.? He was right. Teal?c did look sick. ?And anyway, our little hostess looks tired, so we?ll be leaving now, riiight?? He motioned at Daniel, who jumped up.
?Right, yeah, okay. Uhh, guess we?ll see you soon, Sam.?
??Kay,? she replied. They made their way to their cars and left. Jack took Jacob back to the mountain.
?Jack, I know it?s yours.? Silence.
?Oh. She told you.?
?Yeah. And I have to say, I?m not surprised.?
?What??
?Well, you two have that kind of, you know, tension. It was bound to break.?
?Oh.? More silence. They pulled into the car park. Jack turned to Jacob.
?Jack, don?t give up your career for Sam. I can provide for her,? Jacob warned him.
?I wasn?t going to do that, don?t worry.?
?Good. See you tomorrow.?
?Yeah.?
Jacob went into the mountain, leaving a very puzzled Jack in his car.

9 months later?
?What are you gonna call it?? Jack asked her. She smiled.
?It?s a girl, sir, not an ?it?. I?m not sure, but I might call her Charlotte. Charlie for short, though,? she added. Jack?s memories of his own son were jolted at this, but he soon forgot them as his new baby girl was handed to him.
?Hey, there you are. You are gonna have the best mom in the world, ya know. Didja know that?? He smiled and passed little Charlie to Daniel. Sam fidgeted.
?Uh, guys? I know everyone?s really happy for me and all, but I have another thing I?d like to say. This morning there was an envelope on the general?s desk this morning. It was a resignation. From me.? Everyone turned to look at her. She continued. ?Now don?t get me wrong, we have had some real great times, but I have issues within the SGC, and I can?t deal with them unless I quit. So, you won?t see me around much.? Jack coughed.
?What a coincidence. I quit this morning, too. Ironic, huh?? She stared at him. Daniel and Teal?c, sensing the tension, made a quick exit with Charlie.
?But I quit so that you didn?t have to,? Sam spluttered.
?So did I, but the problem with you quitting is that you have a whole life ahead of you.?
?No, I have motherhood.?
?True.?
?Well, if you don?t mind, I think I?ll go tell the general to accept my resignation.? She got up. He grabbed her.
?Sam, I think the best thing we can do is?? She looked up.
?Tell him??
?Yup.?
?Okay.?

15 minutes later?
?You can?t be serious!? Jack?s grin grew to new heights as General George Hammond, superstar, hung up the phone. He smiled.
?I am very serious. He did say that. And you wouldn?t believe the amusement in his voice.? But Sam needed clarification.
?Sirs, excuse me a moment, but everything is a little fuzzy, probably because of childbirth. What in the world did he say?? Jack sighed and held her hands.
?Carter, the president has just issued a statement, allowing two officers to have relations. Okay?? He smiled at her face, a mixture of happiness and confusion.
?Uhh, okay?? She sat there, stunned. The President! The general had this kind of power? He?d gotten the President to make a law? Wow!
?And now, we tell Danny boy and Teal?c, and reclaim our daughter from them.? They stood up and headed for the door. Jack made a mental note to find them via the locker room.
10 minutes later?
In the gate room, SG-1, Charlie and the general waited for another new arrival. The backwash subsided, and Freya and Jacob entered.
?Hiya!? They all said hello to the new arrivals, Charlie and Joanne. Two little girls, so sweet and innocent?
As they talked on the ramp, the Stargate activated without warning, and the two children were dragged into the backwash.
?NO!?
Everyone tried to go through the ?gate, but the general stopped them.
?Unequipped?? he said. They bowed their heads as the Stargate deactivated.

15 seconds later?
?Incoming wormhole, sir. IDS signal received. Oh, but it?s not one the computer knows.? The lieutenant stared. ?Uhh, it says ?get me out of here,? sir.?
?Open the iris.?
The iris fell back, and a long pause filled the room as SG-1 ran in, accompanied by Freya ad Jacob. Silence.
Then?
?Whoa!? A thud. ?Ouch! Did you have to land on me?? Everyone looked amazed as the two travellers flew through the ?gate and landed on the ramp. They dusted themselves down, and stood up. The brunette looked at Sam.
?Hi, Sam. Sorry to barge in on you and all, but me and Jo are sooo tired.? The redhead smiled innocently.
?We really are sorry.? She meant it.
?How do you know Carter?? asked Jack. The brunette stared at him.
?Oh my god, you don?t even know your own daughter??

Two thuds. Sam and Jack had fainted. The brunette sighed.
?Parents.? She turned to Jo. ?At least Anise hasn?t fainted.? The general approached them.
?Care to explain why you aged fifteen years in fifteen seconds?? he demanded.
?Uhh, no?? He stared at Jo. ?Okay, yes.? Defeated, they trooped to the briefing room, while Jacob attempted to revived Sam and Jack.

?Okay, one more time, for the record.? Jack had heard this three times. He didn?t get it.
?Okay. We were born. You guys know that.?
?That?s for sure,? muttered Sam.
?Then we get sucked into the Stargate?s backwash, into a time-warp. Weird, yes. We age one year per Earth second. We learn our family history and other important stuff, like who?s evil, what not to do and how to iron. Then we get thrown back through the Stargate. Comprende??
?How do we know you?re the real Charlie and Jo?? asked Daniel.
?DNA testing,? said the good doctor, as she entered the room. ?I?ve done the tests, and the DNA matches up. They?re the real thing.? Sam simply stared. Her daughter? Very bizarre?Jack coughed.
?Okay, so we know they?re the real McCoy. What now??

?Cool!? Charlie?s eyes lit up at the prospect of being part of SG-1. Jo was already part of the Tok?ra, with the exception of not having a symbiote. But SG-1! Mega-cool!

THE END!

Old Post 11-24-2002 03:45 PM
jack's hat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack's hat Click here to Send jack's hat a Private Message Find more posts by jack's hat Add jack's hat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam fan

wow! That was very good. I really like the way you made sam and Jack's relationship there are so many ways of doing it and the way you did it was really really good! *claps.* Very well written. Brilliant!

Old Post 11-24-2002 04:17 PM
Sam fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam fan Click here to Send Sam fan a Private Message Find more posts by Sam fan Add Sam fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

CC:Thanks, Samfan! I was pleased with myself about that!!!

JH: Yeah cheers and just for you if u want we will be putting the next one on in a while!

Old Post 11-24-2002 04:31 PM
Sam fan

yay!(more sam/Jack please,)

Old Post 11-24-2002 04:45 PM
Sam fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam fan Click here to Send Sam fan a Private Message Find more posts by Sam fan Add Sam fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

i liked it as well, especially the time warp super ageing thing i want some more S/J stuff too!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 11-24-2002 06:26 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Seriously tho, folks, do ya want S/J action OR S/J/C/J action, cos i've got both, but i wanna SERIOUS desicion...
Or both...

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 11-24-2002 06:29 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Enami
Amigos de la puerta

Wow!I liked very much!!!Congratulations!!!

Old Post 11-24-2002 07:37 PM
Enami is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Enami Click here to Send Enami a Private Message Find more posts by Enami Add Enami to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jenn

That is a really good piece of fan-fic!! Well Done!!

Old Post 11-25-2002 09:38 AM
Jenn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jenn Click here to Send Jenn a Private Message Find more posts by Jenn Add Jenn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I very much liked that...Gave the story a twist at the end....You guys will learn to know a few of us here at gaters we read anything shippery.

Old Post 11-25-2002 11:12 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Thanks Alot guys now you know the story of how Jo and Charlie came about. We have some more but I'll have to talk with my co writer before I put more on. So if Charlie Carter reads this shall I or Shall I not, I think yes but it's not entiarly up to me So?

Last edited by jack's hat on 11-25-2002 at 02:53 PM

Old Post 11-25-2002 02:49 PM
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

I'm back here again just to say my comrade is looking the next one through and will put it on soon.

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:14 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

comrade??? COMRADE???? I'm not the comrade here, YOU are, missy... hehe!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 11-26-2002 05:23 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Soz but I did do as u asked and emailed the ones u wanted to u.

Forgive me? (please)

Old Post 11-27-2002 05:20 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Of course, comrade...
Hehe!
Anyway, I like to think of it as a mutual partnership... Or whatever...

Old Post 11-28-2002 02:52 PM