Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Post your desktops!
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ant

Hello all,

Can someone do me a bit of a favour and lemme know how to convert jpeg pics into icon files so that I can use them for my folders? I have seriously forgotten how and now have XP. Help?

Thanks.

Teal'c: Appearances may be deceiving.
Colonel O'Neill: One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Daniel Jackson: A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
Colonel O'Neill: Never run with... scissors?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-18-2002 10:29 PM
ant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ant Click here to Send ant a Private Message Visit ant's homepage! Find more posts by ant Add ant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

save them as .bmp and point to them on the effects tab in the display menu (right click desktop - properties).
I am refering to win98SE though, hopefully its the same with xp. There are also a few apps out there (try here that manage icons and let you change them.

Old Post 05-19-2002 03:14 AM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ant

Ah, I figured out how to change the icons, but alas, the site I work on can only allow 50k size pics and I don't trust those geocities type places. Alas, I can not upload my desktop

Unless someone would like to help me out

Old Post 05-19-2002 03:45 AM
ant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ant Click here to Send ant a Private Message Visit ant's homepage! Find more posts by ant Add ant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

send it here and i'll upload it to some webspace (but the one that doesnt keep going down )

Old Post 05-20-2002 10:37 AM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ant

quote:
Originally posted by Vern
send it here and i'll upload it to some webspace (but the one that doesnt keep going down )

Thanks very much, I appreciate the offer. It's on its way to you as we exchange zeroes and ones

Cheers,

Old Post 05-21-2002 04:42 AM
Vern
ADSL Pirate

I think this looks quite and it seems XP is taking over the world *sniff*

Old Post 05-22-2002 05:39 AM
ant

Thanks so much for posting that up on your site for me. Seems that anytime I had used Geocities or the like, anything I posted was gone an hour later

But yeah, I appreciate the comment. I actually learned how to do that effect on the pic of the cast while I was doing that background. The standard background with only the lettering was lacking in my opinion.

If anyone wants it, or thinks it's actually good enough to bother to put it on their desktop, I'll gladly send it to you.

Also, I have plans to do a version with Daniel in it.

Let me know what you all think of this one tho.

Bye.

Old Post 05-22-2002 06:12 AM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Well ryderrch, there are two things I must say, first of all, Im beggining to think you have an unhealthy obsession with Mira sor...(however you spell her name )
Secondly, that warp visualisation is either similar to the stargate... or something to do with your unhealthy obsession with Mira S...

Well, to clarify, the Warp visualization does look a bit like the tunneling effect of transit through a Stargate, but a bit slower?and set to music.

My Icon collection is a bit large and tailor-made to the theme of the wallpaper I set up. If I throw an Angelina Jolie one, I'll make a mess of AJ icons to complement it. If I toss a Starcraft wallpaper on, I can swap out a bunch of icons from screenshots of the game's movies.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 05-22-2002 04:14 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ant

Rhydderch,

How did you get such large icons? Did you use a programme like microangelo?

Old Post 05-23-2002 11:39 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

I'm running Windows 98 SE, so all one has to do to make icons is take a square bitmap and rename it with an ".ico" instead of ".bmp". I used crappy ol' PhotoDraw to shrink and crop icons to 64x64, then paste them into a Paint window and save them by typing ".ico" after the picture's name. I save them at 64x64, but I have the icon size in Windows set to 32x32, giving them a high-resolution look.

You can always alter the size of icons (default is 32x32) by right-clicking on the Desktop and in the Properties box, go to the Appearance screen and change the Icon size there. Big icons tend to look funky, especially the ones than come canned with Windows.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 05-24-2002 01:07 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Halloween's coming. Anyone else goth-ing out their desktop look? Again, 'tis me and my obsession with women in movies...

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-23-2002 09:17 PM
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

I got win 2000 and I use webshots to rotate my desktop stargate pics( a lot of them ) so it changes aaaallll the time

as for the icons there are only 4

my doc.(called Abydos), my comp.(called Chulak), my recy., my network.(called Cimmeria) with stargate icons

I dont even need the recycle bin but I dont know how to get rid of it

my pc is very organised I know where everything is

Old Post 10-23-2002 09:58 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

haha, just changed mine today, its a bit crap, and yeah, I download eppies and watch em so blah..

oh yeah, and the computer is in a state of degredation as you can see from the black icons, theyve been like that for months now, I cant be arsed to sort it out

Old Post 10-23-2002 10:12 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

That aircraft looks sweet Pres. Severe linkage!

I've also just re-installed XP on Monday, so I haven't actually got round to sweetifying it.

Last edited by Bose-Einstein on 10-23-2002 at 10:23 PM

Old Post 10-23-2002 10:15 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

How do you post these things! i wanna post my pic. too, but i don't know how to do any of these things!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 10-23-2002 10:37 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote