Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > [Theory] Why don't they just ascend? (spoliers for the final episode of season five)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

[Theory] Why don't they just ascend? (spoliers for the final episode of season five)

So here I go again with my wild theories;

As we seen of the final episode of season five, the Asgards seems to have a big trouble. (here goes your ordinary spoiler)

Spoiler:

Which is that they cannot reproduce themselves anymore, even with cloning...

Now I know that it at least seems possible that another race saved themselves from problems like this by doing one thing, Ascend. So why doesn't the Asgard do the same thing? What are the rules to make yourself available for ascension? And why can't the Asgard do the same thing?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-03-2002 04:08 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

That's like telling people who live in countries that are about to be attacked to leave. If they ascend then they cease to exist as a people.

Old Post 12-03-2002 04:11 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

no. they just stop to exist as beings made of flesh. that's a totally different thing. is there any point in any thing if death is always final and ascending is the same thing as dying. that cannot be the case, since orlin did become a human again. and he took the form he had a long time ago. so cleary there must be a link to the past even if your ascended...

Old Post 12-03-2002 08:24 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

It would seem to me that it's more complicated than that. They can't interact with things on our erm, plane of existance, and one would assume they'd have to follow the same rules that other ascended 'people' do, i.e. no interference. The repercussions of the Asgard leaving would be interesting to say the least.

Old Post 12-03-2002 08:36 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

quote:
they just stop to exist as beings made of flesh

in other words... THEY DIE!

what do you think the asgard are fighting for? survival... if you die.. you don't survive!!!

you can't just say "oh well, this whole 'life' thing was fun... but as a planet, let's all kill ourselves and be ghosts - whoohoo".

this is a stupid idea

Old Post 12-03-2002 10:31 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

Re: [Theory] Why don't they just ascend? (spoliers for the final episode of season five)

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
And why can't the Asgard do the same thing?

Maybe the don't know how. I guess you could argue the same for the other races. Why don't the Nox, Furlings, Tolan, etc. just ascend. Your also assuming that an "ascended" state is better. Maybe it's really boring.

Old Post 12-03-2002 02:24 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

the az'gard have too many burdens to ascend, read my post in Genetic Manupulation if u want to know more.

Old Post 12-04-2002 12:38 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Roy: I think it's better. I don't think it's boring. Boring would be the life Quetazal(sp?) has. Alone in a pyramid in nowhere.
Goa'uld: No they don't. Is so, then Asgard is already dead, so why do they keep on fighting?

Spoiler:
(They're original bodies are long since dead anyhow...)

?nubis: Haven't read it yet. But I don't think so...

Old Post 12-04-2002 05:23 AM
Man of less sorrow

He's not alone, he has buddies and he is teaching Daniel's Grandad.

Old Post 12-06-2002 12:36 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

budies, lol! Quats whatever and his gas giant friends! have they been bakc for is granda yet?

Old Post 12-06-2002 02:42 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Spoilers for Crystal Skull:

Spoiler:

Now, why couldn't we see them? Does that supposedly mean that they can choose which of them that will be visible to us. Might start a new thread there...

Duke: No. It's another loose end...

Old Post 12-06-2002 04:05 AM
Man of less sorrow

No it ain't, if u listen to the dialogue, they said they would be back, and it would be reasonable that, in his energy state, daniel went and checked on his only living relative? I mean, if daniel has incredible depth perception that would mean that he don't need to use the crystal skull wouldn't it?

Old Post 12-08-2002 01:08 AM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Yes. But that hade nothing to with what I wrote in the spoiler box. But it might be so. But we'll never see, since the scriptwriters doesn't seem to think that that thread is worth reviving. As the bedrosian/optrician thread and more threads that could've been more intresting than watching the slaying of another Gou'ald...

Old Post 12-09-2002 03:47 AM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
Crystal Skull:
Now, why couldn't we see them? Does that supposedly mean that they can choose which of them that will be visible to us. ...

The alien in question resides out of phase with the normal universe. Only a person who has been pulled out of normal phase (via the crystal skull) would be able to encounter the alien.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-09-2002 04:04 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

RH: I know. But wouldn't the person that's been pulled out been able to see all of them. Like the Reetoo(SP?)...

Old Post 12-09-2002 04:06 AM