Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > 608 - "The Other Guys" Synopsis (Spoilers Inside)
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brent

608 - "The Other Guys" Synopsis (Spoilers Inside)

Ahhhh, so was it real or not!

It was all a day dream of his I think!

Ok, first of all, that was Dr. Phlox from Enterprise, kewl to see him in this role, he?s a good actor, good range. He made a few Star Trek references, pretty funny vulcans, red shirts etc? found that hilarious.

I knew right off the bat something had to be up because SG1 was taken way to easily. And they were more cocky then usual while captured. Jack?s jokes were pretty funny actually, about the resume and all.

IMO the two scientists got into the ship way to easy though, when one rings up they can detect that and there would have been Jaffa sent there immediately. They got around the ship without encountering one Jaffa, again way to easy.

I thought it was gonna be sweet to get that info about Anubis from the Tokra spy. But alas, he had to be killed. Again the two scientists pretending to be Jaffa got around way to easy IMO.

Also here yet again, a Zat blast will take down a Jaffa, but Jack can just shake it off lol

And also again this was NOT an exploration show, I am thinking those are over now

This episode seems to be about a scientist who day dreamed the whole thing

But if it?s real, even still they didn?t really accomplish anything, a mission, that failed, they didn?t get the info about Anubis from the Tokra.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:23 AM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

The Lone Gunmen meet SG1.

I knew it had to have been a dream!

Really cool special effects and wonderful set designs. Too bad they were wasted on this show.

Loved the "We might as well be wearing red shirts!" and the Star Trek references. They were the only things I laughed at along with "geek" and "nerd".

I still say the two scientists resembled Wright and Cooper.

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:39 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

a few more things after watching it again on the second showing...

I think the floors DO slant on the ships!

when the two scientists emerged from the duct system and were figuring out where to go you could clearly see the floors were slanting downwards...

also, it seemed to easy to me for a Goa'uld (even if he was really a Tokra) thought of as a God to be killed so easily, his first prime must have really known he was a Tokra cause any other Jaffa woulda been so scarred of their God's power they would have NEVER shot at him, that just seemed to go down to easily to me...

no focus on Jonas this time, was nice to take a break from him

Old Post 08-03-2002 02:28 AM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

The Other Guys stole this show! I think this may havebeen the funniest SG1 ever. The Trek references were great. Yeah, it didn't move the plot forward, but who cares. It was fun. I loved the Carter kiss at the end of it!

Old Post 08-03-2002 02:43 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

quote:
Originally posted by Otis
The Other Guys stole this show! I think this may havebeen the funniest SG1 ever. The Trek references were great. Yeah, it didn't move the plot forward, but who cares. It was fun. I loved the Carter kiss at the end of it!

hehe, yeah it was funny, and the kissing part was great

one other thing, at the end when they were escaping through the stargate, those Jaffa shooting at them sure were bad shots! He even missed Jack by a lot at close range!

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:00 AM
CynVision
SF TV kid

quote:
Originally posted by Brent
his first prime must have really known he was a Tokra cause any other Jaffa woulda been so scarred of their God's power they would have NEVER shot at him, that just seemed to go down to easily to me...no focus on Jonas this time, was nice to take a break from him
I think it was sort of established that the Tok'ra was being played until the SG-1 team was within reach. Anubus is one sly devil.

I happened to like the sets and lighting. It makes me miss my job as Master Electrician to see all the cool glass gobos they shine around to make the hallway sets look different. And I love it when they go out to my favorite sand pit location. If they had not put some effort into the dreamscape it would have cheapened the episode so much that I would have minded them going Dallas on us the second time in two weeks. But I didn't. I had a lot of apprehension of SG doing the guest star thing like the X-files did, I felt it cheapend the XF as much as the move to LA, but this was one episode where casting choices were excellent. Anyone following them this year has a hard act to follow. They join Jay Brazeau on my favorite actor list.

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:21 AM
CynVision is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CynVision Click here to Send CynVision a Private Message Visit CynVision's homepage! Find more posts by CynVision Add CynVision to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

We did learn that the helmets the Jaffa wear are not metal but soft material like rubber. And we got to see the power source for the rings.

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:40 AM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

First, I thought this one was funny... but plot-wise (as it is a daydream) anything and everything is open to interpretation as to whether it's real or not...

...like the Zat effects and the skill cap being metal vs. whatever.

Honestly, if it's in their heads, how does that guy know the consistency of Jaffa headgear?

The Trek references were okay...

...as was the rummaging through the MRE's.

An actual military ritual and odd form of negotiation which amounts to trying to get your buddy something he thinks he wants so he doesn't try for the Pork Chow Mein MRE you really want...

Or the MRE with the candy you like...

Or (in the case of the old ones) which Nut Cake you want...

Or the ones with Tabasco Sauce (tm).

A very nice touch.

From a military perspective, handing firearms to anyone that will do what the one guy did after they ringed...

...is a bit odd and dangerous.

And is actually when I really started feeling that something weird was going on...

The scenes in the ventilation shafts...

...Jeffries Tubes?!?!?!

Same film technique.

A real Star Trek homage that really lampooned scientists and, happily, illustrated the AntiTrek that is Stargate...

Oh, and who else was waiting for Sam to rip off her cut and velcroed Class A's and start grinding the scientist on stage...

(...I'm actually thinking something white and lacey with garters and a French cut panty...)

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Last edited by Deathbunny on 08-03-2002 at 06:46 AM

Old Post 08-03-2002 06:43 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

OK, I think JUST THE END WAS THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!! Carter kissing him was JUST A DREAM!!!!! I repeat!!!!!!! I think it was JUST A DREAM!!!!!!! Very funny episode though.

ERIN

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:07 PM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SNY
De profesi?n barriobajera

quote:
I loved the Carter kiss at the end of it!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O

CARTER'S KISS!!!!!!!!!! and who is the man? (O'Neill?)

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:47 PM
SNY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SNY Click here to Send SNY a Private Message Visit SNY's homepage! Find more posts by SNY Add SNY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

No one of the scientists.

This ep was damn funny. I don't remember ever laughing so hard at an sg-1 ep. Isn't important to the overall mytharc of the show and not a weighty episode, but still one of the most entertaining episode of the season imho.
Some great lines too....

Carter: 'How come you're not smiling?'
I laughed so hard...oh and at Jack asking for the jaffa's resume.
'You calling us fruit?'
'You ended that sentence with a preposition, bastard!'

T jumping out of the water and dragging that Jaffa in reminded me of a croc. Oh and I find it hard to believe that Jack would allow himself to be 'captured' to get info from a tok'ra, as if he trusts them that much. Then again it may have been orders.....

'I teach applied math at Yale! I have a Vespa and two cats!'

Old Post 08-03-2002 02:59 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bellachikita

arrgghhh!!! when's the download available. i can't wait to watch this one.

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:05 PM
bellachikita is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bellachikita Click here to Send bellachikita a Private Message Find more posts by bellachikita Add bellachikita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I got it from http://videoandstream.tripod.com/
10 rar files, divx avi inside. If you want to discuss how to download it, or any problems, please make another thread in General. Leave this thread for ep discussion.

Old Post 08-03-2002 03:35 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

lol i cant wait to see this eppy!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 08-03-2002 05:13 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itssoLARGE

you know what sucks... I was all excited that a geek could finally do something exciting in the world.. but alas it turns out to be merely a dream. umf umf

Old Post 08-03-2002 05:53 PM
itssoLARGE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for itssoLARGE Click here to Send itssoLARGE a Private Message Find more posts by itssoLARGE Add itssoLARGE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote