Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > 608 - "The Other Guys" Synopsis (Spoilers Inside)
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i thought it might have been one of the scientists (i think its jack... it just doesnt look like him

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-09-2002 02:15 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captn Carter
So I can do this....

It is Jack.
Watch carefully. Jack, Teal'c and Jaffa-clad-scientist-with-glasses run from the rings to the gate. Floppy-hat Sam, Cap Jonas and other Jaffa-clad-scientist are standing there, and all three run thru the gate. Then Jack, Teal'c and Jaffa-clad-scientist-with-glasses reach the gate. The guy in the pic is definaly wearing BDU's... so it's not the scientist. It isn't Teal'c (it's not right?) so it HAS to be Jack.
Now all we havta figure out is WHY!

For a little bit of Aussie with your Sci-fi
Austr-alien.com

Old Post 08-09-2002 11:08 PM
Captn Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Captn Carter Click here to Send Captn Carter a Private Message Visit Captn Carter's homepage! Find more posts by Captn Carter Add Captn Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

'Cause it was all a dream.............

Old Post 08-09-2002 11:17 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

cos jack loves rubbing it in

Old Post 08-10-2002 10:11 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Jack wouldn't be that stupid, he nearly got shot. Although the scientist that dreamt it up would, in my opinion, think that he would.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 08-10-2002 11:05 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

jack would be that stupid... remember in demons.. he teased the unas.. and got his ass whooped..... he does it all the time!!

Old Post 08-10-2002 01:24 PM
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

That's Jack when he is captured, to show strenght and that he's not afraid but he wouldn't last that long (or get to be a Col. with black ops training) if he is stupid enough to stand around gloat at Jaffa that are firing at him.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 08-11-2002 12:40 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

It's definately Jack. He's gloating and rubbing that Jaffa's nose in his own arrogance. Did you see his pouty-face?

It's kinda like saying, "You thought you had us there didn't you? Well that's too bad because we're SG-1 and we're that damn good."

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-12-2002 05:11 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

I'm hoping this ep in its entirety was meant to be a daydream because otherwise there's a tremendous plot hole big enough to lose a Buick in (and there I go ending a sentence with a preposition . . . )

Plot Hole = assuming the SG1/Khonsu plan had worked perfectly, then SG1 gets captured on purpose (despite all the shooting that could have gotten them and loyal Jaffa killed). Stripped of weapons and surrounded by mostly unfriendly Jaffa, they are taken before Khonsu. He sends his minions away, gives them the secret info, and then WHAT?

He lets them go? They escape? He promptly kills the third Jaffa on the right for not taking away that last zat Jack was hiding?

Anyway, you look at it, if SG1 leaves, then Anubis will view Khonsu as either complicit or incompetent -- and therefore not likely to continue in Anubis' service.

The only way the "plan" works is if SG1 is sent to extract Khonsu, that there is an escape vehicle ready to go and it only has to appear that Khonsu has been kidnapped by SG1. As written, we are expected to believe that Gen. Hammond and the Tok'ra High Council approved this hair-brained scheme to get info from a deep undercover agent without any clear means of retrieving the team and protecting Khonsu's cover.

I'll go for the daydream theory rather than accept excuses for the plot hole.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-12-2002 06:39 PM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

I dont believe there to be any 'plot holes' in this episode. The episode was not intended for SG1 to actually retrieve the info from Konshu so it really doesnt matter what could have happened because it didnt happen.

The plot of the episode was not the serious nature of extracting the info from Konshu but rather the hilarious antics of two nerdy scientists who try and save SG-1 from whom they believe have been captured by the Goa'uld.

Furthermore, I believe that just the end of the show was a dream, not only did they have extensive knowledge of SG-1 and their mission reports, but if your going to fantasize about this, why would you make yourself look like a fool in your own fantasy? :P Clearly the end where O'Neill calls Felger a 'true hero' and then Carter planting a big liplocker on on him was the actual fantasy.

Old Post 08-12-2002 08:45 PM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

Ok, i would first like to say to all those people who have forgotten the people's names, or got the wrong names, the scientists names were Felger and Coombs. not sure of the spelling for coombs, but that's it. and i think, along with everyone else i know who watched it with me, that the end is definately the only dream part. You could tell rite away that something was wrong when Jack did his "You are true heros' thing. the music that started before Sam planted her 'world class lip-lock' on Felger just confirmed it. I also don't think that Felger would day-dream Jack getting so annoyed and frusterated at him. All in all, i thought this episode absolutely hilarious, and is now one of my faves, along with anything s/jish, or funny, or that have huge happenings, like Meridian. i've seen The Other guys around probably 7 times, and i only got it day before last, lol.

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 08-17-2002 01:27 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

Oh yeah, i forgot to say, how could the whole episode have been a dream, when at the end they are talking about the ring power sources and things. how could they be discussing their reports or whatever, if they hadnt gone to the planet, and been doing their research? I suposse he could have just imagined what could have happened on the planet, instead of what actually happened, but wouldnt Coombs have noticed if Felger was dreaming away for an hour or so?...

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 08-17-2002 01:32 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

quote:
Originally posted by Kristy
I dont believe there to be any 'plot holes' in this episode. The episode was not intended for SG1 to actually retrieve the info from Konshu so it really doesnt matter what could have happened because it didnt happen.

You misunderstand my point. It isn't what the episode intended that matters. Episodes don't have intentions. Characters do. What did the characters believe they were doing?

If we are to accept that SG1 was on a mission, serious or otherwise, what was that mission and does it make sense? Would that mission have gotten Hammond's approval without a valid exit strategy for both team and Tok'ra? Despite the humorous nature of the plot, a valued Tok'ra operative was killed, his information lost. Clearly SG1, by their reactions, thought his loss was important and their own situation endangered (yes, of course, they knew they'd be ok -- they read the script )

If the nature of the mission really didn't matter, then perhaps the team should have been captured while on a run for inter-galactic pizza. No one gets killed, no serious consequences even considered -- just like in a sitcom and all played for laughs. Certainly it would have been no harder to believe.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-17-2002 02:34 AM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

The Other Guys (****)

Jack: "Completely dead or semi-dead, you guys seem to have a grey area in that regard."

The Other Guys is one of SG-1's finest comedy episodes, along with Window Of Opportunity. The episode has loads of great humour, superb performances and a high budget. As it?s a comedy I will mention the humour first. While it may not be funny for everyone I would have though most people would have a ball with this episode. The humour ranges from slapstick (Felger & Coombs wondering around it badly fitting Jaffa outfits with incorrectly drawn head tattoos) to perfectly timed jokes and one liners, and not just from Jack. Again we get some honouring of Trek with a number of Trek related jokes (red shirts and convention going plus a Bat'leth on the wall behind Konsu), with most of them coming from Billingsley who is of course on the new Trek show Enterprise. RDA is also in great form again, his comic timing is spot on and he probably ad libbed quite a bit in this episode. The rest of the main cast is also on form however I felt that the third scientist was hamming it up far too much. All the actors get to let their hair down which really showed and they seem far more relaxed than I have ever seen them before.

The main question though has to be was it all made up? I would say that it probably wasn't. There is a lot of information in the episode for it to be made up. Either it happened as we saw it or it was pretty similar. Of course the ending was a day dream. Of course SG-1 may have completed this mission and Felger and Coombs were never their/left at the dig site and Felger or even Coombs day dreamed themselves into the action. There is also the case of Jonas seemingly not knowing what is going on, then the next scene knowing everything about the mission, strange. Of course it could have been all a dream but I don't think it was.

The budget for the episode must have been a fair amount. The SFX were top notch and we got to see a number of my fav. hyperspace related effects! The sets were also well dressed even though a number of them were re-used from Abyss. The music this time was stock efforts but I expect most of the money was spend else where.

Overall then The Other Guys is a funny episode. It doesn't relate to any of the major stories but is one to watch when you want a laugh. Everyone seemed very relaxed and at ease and the episode was far better than the 100th effort, "Wormhole X-treme". I would think this will be one of season 6's best.

Read the full review and rate the episode at my site.

Old Post 11-06-2002 07:38 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote