Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > Sydney Bushifires- IT RAINED !!!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
neith

Sydney Bushifires- IT RAINED !!!

Finally and without any forecast it rained yesterday
so the major crisis is over - there are still fires that had to be extingiushed but the rian helped turn things around - thanbk you every who rained for rain!!!
neith

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-31-2001 10:30 PM
neith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for neith Click here to Send neith a Private Message Visit neith's homepage! Find more posts by neith Add neith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

thats very good to hear...happy new year!
hehe im a poet and you so dont no it!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 12-31-2001 10:31 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Now that's a good new year gift. Glad to hear. Oh, and I finally heard on national news about the fire a few minutes ago. Good luck with the clean up or what ever has to go on now.

Old Post 12-31-2001 11:09 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I've still heard nothing about it. Other than here, I mean.

Old Post 01-01-2002 09:05 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

So nothing bad came out of the fires?

Old Post 01-01-2002 09:54 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

smoke did, that and that bloody stinky ash,man was that ash stinky!

Old Post 01-01-2002 11:23 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

the ash man is gonna kick your ass.
can i just ask...was anyone hurt in the fires??

Old Post 01-01-2002 12:21 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

nothing bad? a hundred plus people lost their homes. *wonders if G was being sarcastic*

lots of fire related injuries puddy. No one died, except there was a fireman on the way home from fighting the fire and he died

Fires ain't over anyway....the rain was just the tiniest sprinkle where I'm at....and a new fire just started today..which cause the cinema i just saw LOTR at to be evacuated

Old Post 01-01-2002 03:30 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

neith what are you talking about? That rain was only a SMALL drizzle, you couldn't even call it rain - it was just sprinkling for a short period of time. The fires are still as out of control now as they ever were. Did you not hear on the news last night that they said ALL the fires except 3 had broken their containment lines? There are still over 80 burning out of control. I don't think the major crisis is over yet, you might want to get your facts straight before posting.

Old Post 01-02-2002 12:49 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neith

well on new years day morning it really looked like things might have been improving then the wind shifted again and one of those !@@#$$%%%^ firebugs started a major fire in pennant hills park only five miles from my place - i got a great view
i didnt need of the waterbombing and smoke and spent a lotta time yesterday praying it would not cross the ridge line !!! UGH!!!AAARGH

sigh keep up the prayers for rain and add a request they start these fire bugs soon - having maniacs go around restarting fires doesnt not help !!!

neith

Old Post 01-02-2002 02:27 AM
neith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for neith Click here to Send neith a Private Message Visit neith's homepage! Find more posts by neith Add neith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

i just got word from my parents. they think they are going to lose their house. they live in Pennant hills, and it was such a lovely bushland just the other side of the street....

Old Post 01-02-2002 04:25 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sand Lilly
Loving life!

Neith, I've been praying for you and your friend, and will continue to do so. Were you ever able to get in touch with your friend with the farm and the puppies that she was going to raise to shepherd her herd [goats, sheep was it?]. I hope things get better fast for all of you. Take care.

Old Post 01-02-2002 04:28 AM
Sand Lilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Lilly Click here to Send Sand Lilly a Private Message Find more posts by Sand Lilly Add Sand Lilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

erm i dont really have anyone to pray to...but i will hope that it rains..i watched the news last night and it was on there ....isnt there anything you can do that makes an effect!

Old Post 01-02-2002 06:23 AM
Venus

Can't you (well, not *you*, but someone in charge) do that fire lighting thing, where you light a fire, like... infront of the fire, and then the original fire won't go past the fire line you made. You know?

Old Post 01-02-2002 08:30 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

back burning? yeah, but a) it doesn't always work and b) it's not always possible to do that. The fires are so big and change direction so quickly, that it's hard to predict where to do the backburning, if it's even possible to do it at all. When it in such a dense urban area (16km from the CBD!!!) it's a big risk, too.

Old Post 01-02-2002 08:39 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote