Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Upside Down Stargate
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gazmaster
Ass Man

SHUT THE HELL UP

all i wanted to know was one siple thing and u geeks went on a mad one

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2001 02:13 PM
gazmaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gazmaster Click here to Send gazmaster a Private Message Find more posts by gazmaster Add gazmaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

yeah, well 'jack'... If you read any of the posts, it was stated a billion times that it doesnt make a freaking bloody monkeys left bollock difference which way the gate is oriented, firstly because its clever and youll always pop out the right way, and secondly, because the bloody writers will always make you come out the way that is best for the story. ..oh excuse me, I meant bloody story.

Old Post 12-11-2001 03:21 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

geeks? here? as if

itching to delete some posts...

Old Post 12-11-2001 03:48 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Locutus
of Borg

quote:
Originally posted by gazmaster
SHUT THE HELL UP

Hmmm.. Not only do you insult the people who were nice enough to answer such a stupid (or at least very weird) question, you go and insult one of the moderators of the forum?

Old Post 12-11-2001 03:55 PM
Locutus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Locutus Click here to Send Locutus a Private Message Find more posts by Locutus Add Locutus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

As if a question about the orientation of a fictional interdimensional conduit is stupid

Such a shame this moderator believes in free speech. Otherwise gazmaster's all caps post would now read 'cow monkey arse poo'
Wonder if gaz is lucky enough for JK and Indy to be as easy goin'

Old Post 12-11-2001 04:02 PM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

@ the whole thing.

Have none of you *spoken* to Goa'uld before?! Learn from experience and all that?

Old Post 12-11-2001 06:22 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lnt.kaos
Grrrrrr!

Ok jack hear it goes

Nice and simple

look at this nice picture i've drawn if thats too complicated email me [email protected]

Old Post 12-11-2001 08:08 PM
Lnt.kaos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lnt.kaos Click here to Send Lnt.kaos a Private Message Find more posts by Lnt.kaos Add Lnt.kaos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I don't think it would make a difference if the Stargate was upside down. For examply in Touchstne, the rouge SG team just dived into the Stargate that was flat on the ground. They didn't go to the 'bottom' (ie where cheveron 8 + 9 are) and dive in, they did it at any point, same with Sam in 2001. Sam landed right-side up on the ramp, I assume the others did too.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-11-2001 08:22 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bnonn

quote:
puddykat:

as so wisely said by bnonn
chill dood (even though its spelt dude...)

Depends what circles you are from, Miss Puddykat. If I'm from Usia I spell colour "wrong", and if I'm from Asia I like flied lice.

If I'm from the online Slashdot nation or a similar area where the jargon tends towards the computer-orientated, I may well choose to spell dude as "dood", just as the spelling of gay has been modified into "ghey" when referring to things considered sad, lame or undesirable. This latter example is due to the fact that when you say "gay" you normally mean homosexual (not the best example for a PG-rated forum, but the best I could come up with off the top of my head).

Oh yeah, and anyone who uses the word "your" instead of "you're" in circumstances where the latter is required will bring my wrath upon their heads. That's unrelated, but something you all should know. It's stupid, like using the singular form "there's" for plural objects, but that's more minor and I might let it pass sometimes.

Old Post 12-12-2001 03:38 AM
Bnonn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bnonn Click here to Send Bnonn a Private Message Visit Bnonn's homepage! Find more posts by Bnonn Add Bnonn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

quote:
SAY SG 1 ARE RETURNING FROM A MISSION FROM A PLANET. (FORGET ALL THAT PANTATERY ALIGHMENT S***) AND THE GATE IS NORMAL AT THE PLANETS END. THEY ARE COMING HOME AND THE GATE IS UPSIDE DOWN. WOULD THE COME OUT UPSIDE DOWN?

They'd come out a$$ first with their clothes on backwards of course.

Old Post 12-12-2001 05:45 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gazmaster
Ass Man

I wish i had never asked

Old Post 12-12-2001 08:41 AM
gazmaster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gazmaster Click here to Send gazmaster a Private Message Find more posts by gazmaster Add gazmaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Gaz - there is no such thing as a simple answer here. For one - some people got confused by what you meant. so then others had to explain it to them. And then, because you have brought up such an interesting point, people then began to speculate on the how and why of that question. You got a simple answer. You also got the long, extended, disscussed version of it aswell. It's how things happen around here, okay?

Old Post 12-12-2001 11:56 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gazmaster
Ass Man

i like the stargate

Old Post 12-12-2001 12:01 PM
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

quote:
Originally posted by gazmaster
SHUT THE HELL UP

*daniel impression from upgrades*

did you just call me a geek

hold me back guys...hey i said hold me back dammit!!!!!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 12-12-2001 12:24 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Naquada
Ugly Bloke

I, know I'm coming in to this a little late, but...

First of all, most stargates are still standing in the same way that they were when the ancients first built them, so there is no nit about civilisations all managing to put them the right way up.

Second, how does the stargate stand up? wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that the stargate isn't perfectly round and that it has some kind of indentations or small flat surface to enable it to be supported whilst standing upright.

Thirdly, we humans can print This Way Up on a box, I'm sure a civilisation as advanced as the ancients could do the same or similar, in an ancient language of course, but anyone able to work out what it is would be able to decipher it.

Old Post 12-12-2001 03:12 PM
Naquada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Naquada Click here to Send Naquada a Private Message Find more posts by Naquada Add Naquada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote