Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > The forum will not mail you!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Keeper
Administrator

The forum will not mail you!

I think there is a bug where the forum won't email you anything. So if you chose to 'subscribe' to a thread, or forgot your password, it won't work. I am new to vBulletin, and have yet to discover some kind of option for setting up a mailer.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-21-2001 01:30 PM
The Keeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Keeper Click here to Send The Keeper a Private Message Visit The Keeper's homepage! Find more posts by The Keeper Add The Keeper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

yah it was borked. wouldn't give me rego

Old Post 10-21-2001 01:34 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Offal mentioned he set aV Bulletin Board on his page. Maybe you could quiz him about it

Old Post 10-21-2001 01:34 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

I subscribed to a couple of threads and it won't stop emailing me! Actually kinda annoying, cause I keep thinking I've got interesting mail!

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:13 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

you can unsubscribe to forums in your User control panel. the link is at the top of this page next to the register button. I clicked on subsribe to a forum by accident and unsubsribed in my user CP

Old Post 10-21-2001 05:16 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

What Mac, don't you normally get interesting mail?

Old Post 10-21-2001 08:30 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

No, all my net friends abandoned me. ( could have been something to do with me forgetting to reply to them...)

Old Post 10-21-2001 08:36 PM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

What, you never email me...

Old Post 10-21-2001 08:39 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

I'm sowwy!

(Mwahahahahahaa!)

Old Post 10-21-2001 08:44 PM
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Do you want. me to hit. you with a brick?

Old Post 10-21-2001 08:53 PM
president doc

the damn thing keeps emailing me whenever someone replies to a post of mine...bloody.

Old Post 10-21-2001 11:55 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

You can turn that feature off.
I've had that happen to me in a another forum

Old Post 10-22-2001 04:52 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

Even though you say the mailing is stuffed (which it is because I never received an e-mail and it said I would) in the registration form I would turn the default to "E-MAIL NOTIFICATION" or something like that OFF otherwise it will send an e-mail to everyone that has posted to a particular thread EVERY SINGLE TIME someone replies.... can you say - bad?

Old Post 10-22-2001 05:00 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Titan
Miaouw...grrrrr....purrrr

Cool

ACtually it won't send an email every time anyone posts.... it will only send an email leeting you know that someone has posted to a thread you have either subscribed to or that you have posted to. And that can be handy if you want to keep track of a certain thread. Ascifi has many forums, for many shows all with many threads.... I subscribe to the forum, but I don't get emails every time someone posts to a thread.

You can unsubscribe from threads you don't want to receive emails about.

Old Post 10-22-2001 06:23 AM
Titan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Titan Click here to Send Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Titan Add Titan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

I did say that... Maybe I left out a word that screwed the whole thing up. Anyway it still should be turned to default off...

If you participate in a lot of threads you don't want you're inbox to be flooded. You'd be unsubscribed to a LOT more thread than you would be subscribed... If I subscribed to every thread thus far I would have over 400 e-mails in my Inbox... In a space of elss than 24hrs... No thanks

Old Post 10-22-2001 06:34 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote