Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > The Goa'uld Genetic Memory
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

Now did he? Anyway... That's my point. Is the Jaffa-Symbiote relationship similiar to the Host-Symbiote relationship? Is the Jaffas symbiote not in control because it hasn't matured enough? What's the deal? Why doesn't Teal'cs symbiote just put him in place???

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:14 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Excalibur

Jaffa's are just incubators for the symbiotes. Teal'c didn't even think he could communicate with the symbiote till Shan'auc(Crossroads #4.4) came to earth saying she had made contact with her symbiote. In that episode we learn that the Tok'ra and the Goa'uld have been so far removed that The Tok'ra no longer share the same genetic memory. Shan'auc believed she had convinced her symbiote to share its genetic memory with the Tok'ra, but was decieved, and then killed. That is when Teal'c tried comunicating with his symbiote and found out the complete contempt his symbiote had for him, who did this by showing him the genetic memory of Teal's father and Cronos.

As I understand it, jaffa can't be made into hosts. Why? I don't know for sure.

Old Post 12-17-2002 05:47 AM
Excalibur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Excalibur Find more posts by Excalibur Add Excalibur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

ok if i am repeating what someone else has said nuke me otherwise
listen
in Absolute Power we are told that shifu had the genetic memory of all Gou'ald before him
so a sybiote has all the gou'ald memories that came before him.
Apophis Ammunet etc..
but he won't have the knowledge of gou'ald after they had fathered.
i.e
if apophis father fathered apothis and then found out how to kill the asgard apothis wouldn't know that because it wasn't in Apophis father memory when apothis was spawned
hope that has cleared everything up

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:56 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
As I understand it, jaffa can't be made into hosts.

Sho'nauc was going to be made into a host - she was a priestess, isn't that the female equivalent? And what about that ep with Ketano/Imhotep, wasn't he a Jaffa?

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:55 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

And what about that ep with Ketano/Imhotep, wasn't he a Jaffa?
I didn't think so. He didn't have a pouch did he?

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:30 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

We never saw his stomach so its not certain whether he was or not.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-17-2002 08:47 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbydonianSky
You!! Off my planet!!

I'm a little confused - I thought Teal'c's father died because his symbiote was killed, therefore Teal'c could not have been given his father's symbiote. Or am I getting mixed up here?

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:34 PM
AbydonianSky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AbydonianSky Click here to Send AbydonianSky a Private Message Find more posts by AbydonianSky Add AbydonianSky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

don't know there, i was only going by what was said earlier in the post. The one ep i've never seen is crossroads.

However, I presume the goa'uld do not like taking jaffa as hosts because it would kinda contradict their god maquerade (the jaffa's best friend is suddenly a goa'uld, and he's supposed to treat him like a god?) and/or they would lose an incubator everytime they did.

I presume junior's never taken over Teal'c because he's too young. he was younger than symbiotes usually are when implated and it takes seven years to develop.

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:42 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbydonianSky
You!! Off my planet!!

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
don't know there, i was only going by what was said earlier in the post. The one ep i've never seen is crossroads.

However, I presume the goa'uld do not like taking jaffa as hosts because it would kinda contradict their god maquerade (the jaffa's best friend is suddenly a goa'uld, and he's supposed to treat him like a god?) and/or they would lose an incubator everytime they did.

I presume junior's never taken over Teal'c because he's too young. he was younger than symbiotes usually are when implated and it takes seven years to develop.

Jaffa with ideas above their station - all you would have to do is bog off for a couple of years to somewhere remote & hey presto junior has no-one else to chose but you - instant Godhood. (well nearly instant, the hiding out bit etc..)

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:59 PM
AbydonianSky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AbydonianSky Click here to Send AbydonianSky a Private Message Find more posts by AbydonianSky Add AbydonianSky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Excalibur

If "Junior" were mature enough to leave Teal'c, it would be someone else that would have to worry about being taken over, not Teal'c. Everything I have seen in SG-1 suggests that a Jaffa can NOT be taken as a host. When a human is altered to become a Jaffa, they become dependent on the symbiote for an immune system. When O'Niell was made a Jaffa by Hathor, he was healed by the sarcophagus. I wonder if Teal'c could also be healed, or has he been a Jaffa for to long?

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:45 PM
Excalibur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Excalibur Find more posts by Excalibur Add Excalibur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

The sarc restores you to your genetic code, since jaffa are a species now they would just be returned to their healthy, jaffa state.

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:47 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Excalibur

Jaffa's are nothing more then humans. Teal'c wanted to return to his planet before his son was made into a jaffa, but was to late. This is when he had to give Rya'c his symbiote to save his sons life. Thankfully Daniel and Sam had procured another infant symbiote that Teal'c has now. Jaffa are not born Jaffa, they are made Jaffa, if they are worthy.

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:58 PM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I think that Jaffa are a genetic anomaly. They are a species that are born the way they are. At one point they originated as hosts the way jack ws in hathor, but now it is irreversible.

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:03 PM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Beware may be a spot off topic
OMG Venus missed a spelling error? She missed that it is Kitano. Oh lord s it is reversible, however hard it would be it would be possible. It would have to be a multi generational project somewhat like what Nirrti did on Honka (for the love of god please tell me i spelt that one right)

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:38 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Hanka and Kytano

Old Post 12-18-2002 03:01 AM