Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > tech chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

"how developed is a civ"-chart(spoilers everywhere at least up til season six)

I have nothing better to do at the moment so I decided to propose a "how developed is a civ"-grouping of the stargate universe(what fun!)...
First group is the most developed and so on...

first group
ancients
ascended
nox
those guys in the native american episode

second group
asgard
aschen
those folks who had uploaded themselves into their computers

third group
bedrosian
those guys from "the other side"
gou'ald
probably the optricians too

fourth group
tauri
the counterpart from the other side

fifth group
jonas people

sixth group
all those that are considered primitive by the tauri

Last edited by 320rwekfpl on 11-28-2002 at 04:21 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-26-2002 12:54 PM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

quote:
those guys in the native american episode

They weren't really technologicaly advanced though.

The Asgard are just as advanced as those in the first group.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-26-2002 01:00 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

nope. they're not. they choose violence. mental development is a criteria too(and then I don't mean lifting things with ones mind). about the folks in the native american episode, well they seem to share almost all tendencies with the ancients/ascended. but then again, they resorted to violence, so I guess they should really be in group two.
if the asgard are to be moved into the first group then the aschen have to be there too. and that I don't think is a fair judgement. to me it seems like the asgards are at the same level as the aschen, not at the same level as the ancients(since their bodies still pose a problem to them...).

Last edited by 320rwekfpl on 11-26-2002 at 05:06 PM

Old Post 11-26-2002 04:59 PM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Thor took over a ha'tak using his mind, how much more enlightened can you get?

Old Post 11-26-2002 05:03 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

much more. the asgard depend on their bodies to much to be in the first group I would say. they also depend on violent force, which neither the ancients/ascended or the nox do.

Old Post 11-26-2002 05:08 PM
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Nox don't advance az'gard do, and I would have to say that because the az'gard can cross the vast space between galaxies in such a short time i think they belong in the first group don't u?

Old Post 11-26-2002 10:42 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

You missed the Tollan out, and I do think that the Asgard should be in the first group.

Old Post 11-26-2002 10:48 PM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I also think the Asgard come from a very warring background. There society seems largely military structured.

Old Post 11-27-2002 12:12 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok-ra Cyax
Wheres the peanut butter?

Wait you forgot the smurfs

"I am trying to kick the flour thing."

Old Post 11-27-2002 03:05 AM
Tok-ra Cyax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok-ra Cyax Click here to Send Tok-ra Cyax a Private Message Find more posts by Tok-ra Cyax Add Tok-ra Cyax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorCarter
Major Samantha Carter SG1

he he

sixth group is funny

DANIEL (stepping forward): Err?I do.
O?NEILL: Bad example.

Old Post 11-27-2002 04:40 AM
MajorCarter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorCarter Click here to Send MajorCarter a Private Message Find more posts by MajorCarter Add MajorCarter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by _.:?nubis:._
Nox don't advance az'gard do, and I would have to say that because the az'gard can cross the vast space between galaxies in such a short time i think they belong in the first group don't u?

No. As I said... They don't since they are a warring society and is dependent on their bodies. That's my interpretation. The Aschen could wipe out gou'ald without lifting a finger. Doesn't that qualify for the first group too? The asgard doesn't seem be able to control nature/matter the way the nox do so... Traveling fast... Well I guess then we would've to put the replicators in the first groupt too...

Old Post 11-27-2002 05:18 AM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by Tok-ra Cyax
Wait you forgot the smurfs

The smurfs would defiently be in the first group!

Old Post 11-27-2002 05:19 AM
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
You missed the Tollan out, and I do think that the Asgard should be in the first group.

You missed that the Tollans doesn't exist anymore. Notice that I haven't placed the furlings there since we know nothing about...

Old Post 11-27-2002 05:21 AM
alex8472
dead and loving it

but we know the furling were adavnced as they used to meet with the ancients
prehaps they left with the ancients to
wherever

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:22 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

You implied that the list is a list of the most technologicaly advanced. "Enlightenment" has nothing to do with how advanced a species is.

And there is an edit button you know.

The replicators aren't advanced at all. In relation to all the other species on the list they're primative.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-27-2002 11:35 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote