Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Asgard Problems (Spoilers for Season Five Finale - Revelations)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
markymarc

Unhappy

huh?? the Asgard can't reproduce? Can anyone let me know about this, and why can't they reproduce?? just want to know the background on it...

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-15-2002 03:34 AM
markymarc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markymarc Click here to Send markymarc a Private Message Find more posts by markymarc Add markymarc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Note to member: This is a question arisen from a thread entitled "Az'gard Physiology". Due to .:Anubis:. not marking spoilers, MarcyMarc was spoiled. Now he wishes to know the answer to his Question. This question which belonged in another thread so it was moved. Please help if you can. The post was seperated from another thread.

Any replies to my announcement post will be nuked. If you have questions regarding the split of this thread or want to say something about it then please PM me. I will ignore anything in this thread directed at my splitting of the thread.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-15-2002 11:00 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

i think that the reason given for why they cant reproduce was that they had been altered to much over the years, and some where along the line they just lost the ability to reproduce at all, now they can only clone themselves

Albert Einstein

Old Post 12-15-2002 08:06 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markymarc

Unhappy

ok, thanks. just another question....what did you mean by "they had been altered to much over the years"??

They altered themselves?? how?? why??
Sorry about all the questions, I'm really a newbie to the show here and any help would be appreciated!! thanks.

also, i'm not sure what happened to this particular thread?? I know *I* didn't start this new thread....what happened was that someone brought up the fact that the Asgard can't reproduce in another thread and I replied with a question, and now I have my own thread and in the other thread there are all a bunch of "NUKES"???

so I guess If you post a spoiler in another thread you get "NUKED" and any questions regarding that spoiler get put in a new thread??
Wow, this forum is really scrict and formal when it comes to posting spoilers.....I'm not complaining as i'm sure *I* didn't do anything wrong, but just compared to other boards...wow.

anyway, if someone could answer my original question that would be great....

Old Post 12-16-2002 02:34 PM
markymarc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markymarc Click here to Send markymarc a Private Message Find more posts by markymarc Add markymarc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

indiana got pissed cos anubis didn;t mark his spoiler?

and the asgard started to clone themselves because i supposed they had the tech and started to make better bodies for themselves. As each copy of a copy got weaker or not as good quality, the asgard are now dieing out and can't reproduce because their cloned bodies don't have that function i don't think. Someone help me out here, i haven't watched the ep where this was explained in some time!

Old Post 12-16-2002 10:39 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

I always thought that they lost their ability to sexually reproduce, then they started cloning themselves. But I dont remember how they lost the ability.

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:42 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I think that it was said in season 5 ep 21 About this issue......I think it was something along the lines that the Asgard had the normal bodies that couldn't reproduce???? *I think thats what they said* So they cloned themselves...So you have a clone each time they need a new body...But the clones were not as good as the original copies so each time they became lesser coppies of the original.....The Asgard then found an original body and were trying to find a way to stop this little mess of the weaker clones.

Old Post 12-17-2002 12:57 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Their GM was what disabled their ability to reproduce, heimdall says, beware spoilers, that their program of GM becam irreversible, this to me would indicate that at some time they actually tried to reverse the process because something went wrong, most likely they discovered their infertility. And if the az'gard can copy a consciousness why don't they just copy their consciousness into a different species of life, a stronger body with a longer lifespan than your average every day clone?

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:40 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Because an asgard consciousness would be incompatible with a non-asgard brain?

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:48 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Response for lord sokar contained in spoiler box, i don't want to get yelled at again.

Spoiler:
Thor seemed okay in anubis' computer

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:04 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

It wasn't a body in general. Kind of like an all purpose storage device. Think of it like this:

Putting an Asgard brain into a different host is like trying to put and old style RS-232 connection into a serial port. They both do the same thing but expected connections are in different places.

Putting a consciousness into a computer is like putting an IDE bus onto a jumper block (not in any way suggesting functionality simply size wise). There are far less connections and less chance of incompatibility. All of those sockets on the IDE cable for controlling motor skills have no partners and therefore no incorrect connections.

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:45 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Spoiler:
quote:
RS-232 connection into a serial port.
I'd still like to see someone try to do it. If the az'gard gm'ed themselves that bad that they cannot reproduce they have already gone through changes we can't immagaine, oh wait, we can, remember the large az'gard in heimdalls' lab.

Old Post 12-18-2002 02:50 AM
Mad

What I didnt get was why didnt they genetically engineer new bodies with the ability to reproduce. If they had the knowledge to modify themselves so much you would think they would have the knowledge to re-engineer bodies that could reproduce.

Old Post 12-18-2002 05:50 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Do they want to reproduce??? Or do they just wnat the same minds over and over???

Old Post 12-18-2002 12:01 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote