Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Corin Nemec Interview
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kiya
lusus naturae

My guess is that Jonas was introduced at the same time as Daniel left so that the remaining SG-1 members can interact with him. Since Jonas was overseeing the production of the Naquadria bomb which claimed Daniel's life, it sets the scene for confrontations between Jonas and Jack, Sam and Teal'c. I think it's going to be used as an effective plot device.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 05-12-2002 12:13 PM
kiya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kiya Click here to Send kiya a Private Message Find more posts by kiya Add kiya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Conflict is the key to good stories

I guess Jonas was introduced at the same time as Daniel to bring in conflict to the story. I've read that Jack doesn't want to have Jonas on SG-1 in the next season. He was also less than displeased with Jonas in Meridian. It would be rather boring though if Daniel died in meridian, then a few episodes later this Jonas dude turns up through an unreated incident and everyone is "Hallejujah! He can replace Daniel as he is cracking!" Just think about it. Some interesting stories and dilemmas could come out of the fact that Jonas cowered in a corner as Daniel gave his life for the greater good.

However, one shouldn't blame Jonas as (putting aside that Michael Shanks was leaving and Daniel was going to be written out) Daniel could have returned as Selmak could have cured him with the Goa'uld healing device, but Daniel choose to move on.

Perhaps many hate Jonas as they are more involved in the story and are actually the only ones catching on. Perhaps the writers wanted you to dislike Jonas in the beginning and everyone who says they like him are just being goody two shoes, not willing to step on peoples toes.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 05-12-2002 03:50 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Indiana and Kiya better be close to the truth, that would be a very good way for the writers to go. It is better that Jonas knew Daniel, I agree completely.

Oh, well, hindsight is 20/20 and all. Now we can start counting down the days until Season 6 starts.

Last edited by Indiana on 05-13-2002 at 05:04 PM

Old Post 05-13-2002 04:12 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote