Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > O Canada, thanks a lot.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
president doc

The point is, 4000 is absolutely nothing in a year...

You really need to up your guards and if you see dodgy looking afghanis then keep tabs on them at the border...
The point is, sure, sort out the situation, but realise that this is a nice political football.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-07-2002 01:48 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
The point is, 4000 is absolutely nothing in a year...
No, that was merely the people from Afghanastan and Pakistan, there were a lot more and the report I got my stats from is gone from the site now, darn it.

Old Post 06-07-2002 02:28 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

The problem isn't with the legitimate refugees, who actually need refuge in Canada and can prove it. The problem is when young Muslim men with **NO** ID ( YES this happens) enter the country and immediately disappear, assume new identities ( usually stolen IDs) and sit back collecting welfare for yrs, while plotting terrorist acts. This is what the terrorist did who was caught trying to smuggle explosives into the US from Vancouver, to blow up LA airport. Some of the Sept 11 highjackers actually lived in Toronto before moving to the US. I believe about 200 Muslim men from Pakistan entered Canada in the 2 months following the Sept 11 horror and completely disappeared. No gov't surveillance, nothing was done to check out their identities. We now have a Security ministry in Ontario that is trying to tighten things up a bit in this province, but there's not alot that can be done because immigration, airports, borders are all Federal Gov't territory and they are all a bunch of anti- US a$$holes. If a gov't has to make a choice between being politically correct or saving thousands of lives, I would hope they'd choose to save lives and ultimately protect the citizens of North America.

Old Post 06-07-2002 07:21 PM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Being your in Canada ColJ, maybe you can answer my question. Being welfare is thrown to those who come there, it is probibly abused like it is here. Does that make any taxes skyrocket? I don't know much about Canadian economics.

Old Post 06-07-2002 08:01 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
W505a

That is how Mohammed Atta got into the country, he came in through Canada. So it's not Canada's fault, but I think there is a problem somewhere in the chain.

We cooperate with Canada in something called "NORAD" (North American Regional Air Defense?) So I don't see why immigration/passport matters can't be unified too.

We treat the whole matter of entrance like it's still the 19th century.

Imagine how you must feel if you were the immigration official who let Mohammed Atta in. That's why you haven't seen that person interviewed yet.

Oh, and since I live and work in New Jersey, I look over at "what happened" every workday.

Old Post 06-08-2002 01:36 AM
W505a is offline Click Here to See the Profile for W505a Click here to Send W505a a Private Message Find more posts by W505a Add W505a to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Are Lee and ColJ being sarcastic? I don't know if I should take this thread seriously...

Old Post 06-08-2002 01:48 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Yes Lee, there's still alot of welfare abuse in this country and it's paid for by taxpayers, just like the US.

W505a; The US and Canadian gov'ts are working together on certain issues like border and air security and a refugee policy concerning refugees entering Canada from the US and visa versa, but our gov't is only doing that much after alot of complaints from the public and probably a few threats from GW.

Goauld : Bite me !

Old Post 06-08-2002 04:30 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarab

Where's Canada?

Just remember That THEY are out there.

Old Post 06-10-2002 03:23 PM
Scarab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scarab Click here to Send Scarab a Private Message Find more posts by Scarab Add Scarab to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Umm, that's a joke right?

It's that big country just north of the US.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 06-10-2002 04:22 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld
Are Lee and ColJ being sarcastic? I don't know if I should take this thread seriously...
Why would you think that? I am completely serious.

Old Post 06-10-2002 06:04 PM
mystic
Disgruntled Underling

quote:
Originally posted by Scarab
Where's Canada?

Please tell me you're kidding...

But anyways, like the US, Welfare is abused... but it's the same in most places.

And as for the border crossings... we've known about that for years, blame our stupid PM... Green in the desert, what? is he nuts??

mystic

*I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate*

Old Post 06-13-2002 06:22 AM
mystic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mystic Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gambler

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld

I know what u mean. I had to read some of the posts twice to make sure they were talking serious. Strange how many right-wing theories were mentioned.

Old Post 06-17-2002 07:32 AM
Gambler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gambler Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Add Gambler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

we have loads of refugees in kent and the teenage boys are such slimes!!!!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 06-17-2002 05:40 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

quote:
Originally posted by Gambler

I know what u mean. I had to read some of the posts twice to make sure they were talking serious. Strange how many right-wing theories were mentioned.

Explain

Old Post 06-17-2002 11:53 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

There seems to be two arguments here: The need of the refugees and Canada's refugee policies, and the US/Canadian boarder patrols.

Issue one: Refugees.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
[B] Since last september Canada let in 4000 people from very dangerious parts of the world, Afghanastan and Pakistan, and just let them in with out question. I know it's not nice to question someone who's going through a hardtime, someone who could be a refugee, but it's very dangerious to just let them on through and disappear.

This is merely political. In the eyes of the world, Canada is a saviour, because they are taking the refugees that mean old Australia wont, and treating them nicely instead of locking them up in cages in the middle of the desert (even tho they have better food and facilities than a lot of low/no income earners that actually belong here). Aust has a very bad rep. atm, and doing the opposite to what we are doing (not saying i agree or disagree with how they are treated), no matter how that effects the secuirty of the country, makes you look like 'the good guys'.

Your boarder issues, no offence, are the least of your problems in relation to terrorists. As was stated by others, despite the fact that yes, a terrorist or two arrived via Canada, there are many ways to skin a cat, and sneaking over the boarder is just one of them.

When you think about boarder security, how about giving a little sympathy for Australia, eh? we have a totally exposed perimeter of close to that of North America, but with a population of only 20 million, the majority of which is situated in the south east corner. where does our threat come from? the north west. Asia, Indonesia. With countries that have the highest islamic population in the world. High political disrutpion. Millions of trained forces, chomping at the bit to let out a little steam.

We have an old and rusted Navy, an underpaid and top heavy army and an airforce that doesn't have enough aircraft to even patrol the boarders, let alone engage defencive/offensive tactics.
And we're broke. America is spending 80billion dollars on beefing up their security. Australia can spare little more than 2 billion, on boarder security, defence force and intelligence. Doesn't go far after a ship or aircraft are ordered. The American economy thrives on conflict - its the only way to get money out of the Reserve Bank, and the charity of the rest of the world for the American 'conflict' is sending us further into recession.
Things like this are hard to see when an entire nations' eyes are focused on the middle east alone.

So Bush is going after Suddam, eh? Bet he's spewin' daddy didn't knock him off years ago. Or maybe that was the plan....? *raised eyebrow*

Old Post 06-18-2002 01:45 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote