Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Did Fox pick up two more seasons of SG-1?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TLE

Did Fox pick up two more seasons of SG-1?

I just read a rumor but nothing confirming it. I checked my regular news sites and nothing on them either. Does anyone know if it's true?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 01-17-2002 12:04 AM
TLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TLE Click here to Send TLE a Private Message Find more posts by TLE Add TLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I don't see why not. Ever since the begining of the series, MGM sells the syndicated episodes to FOX in the US. They are currently showing season 4. Two more would be S5 and the comming S6. I don't see why not, or why they wouldn't unless it's because of money or something. MGM has always sold it to FOX for syndication. I haven't heard any rumors, I'm just telling what has happened and, unless something has happened that I haven't heard of, it probibly will stay that way.

BTW, has anyone read the rumor of MGM being sold to another company. I read it but they said that it wouldn't effect Stargate, which it probibly wouldn't. Kinda strange though, for such a well known company. That's just a side note that poped in my head for everyone's knowledge.

Old Post 01-17-2002 12:19 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

MGM is up for sale, but hasn't been sold. The asking price is $7 billion. The estimated street value of MGM's assets are $5 billion.

It's gonna take a while. By the time the deal is closed, Season 6 should be wrapped. There is the possibility that the movie and spin-off's timetables would fall within the time of any possible transfer of power.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 01-17-2002 12:32 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Sorry, I mistyped that. I ment it was up for sale. That's big though, a huge company with huge historical significance. The pyramids were built by the forgotten Pharoh Mayer, thus the name and film. Sorry, sad joke.

Old Post 01-17-2002 12:40 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TLE

Okay thanks, that's better than no information. If nothing else I got the story wrong and MGM is being bought by someone. Although I hope SG-1 makes it through that change over and continues to produce episodes. I've started going through withdrawl without new ones.
I know they're airing in the UK but I'm not in the UK, plus I don't have Showtime... must they torture me?

Old Post 01-17-2002 01:06 AM
TLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TLE Click here to Send TLE a Private Message Find more posts by TLE Add TLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

well, not that strange, much bigger companies have been bought, taken over etc. look at AOL Time Warner. all these thingermijigs.

Old Post 01-17-2002 10:38 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I remember reading somewhere that Fox had bought season 5 for syndication too, maybe 6 also. Trying to remember where I read it.

Old Post 01-17-2002 02:56 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote