Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Off Topic > SPAM thread is...where? Here! Yeah baby!
Pages (42): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

SPAM thread is...where?

Ok, i noticed that the SPAM thread is now gone, and i apoligize for this thread, but why did it go!? it was great for talking about, just stuff... i am very sad now it's been around for a long time, and wasn't hurting anyone!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:36 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

LOLOL...ah, theyve someones gone and deleted the baby, now aside from anything else, can I just say that whoever did it regardless of intent or moral high ground had no right to do.

You cant just go vandalising the board and deleting peoples posts whether you think theyre pointless or not... unless of course it was to save space..whatever, btw..Jaffa, you had more posts there than me

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:39 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

off course i did pres doc, i had fun posting there. And i think the reason that it was deleted is cause the Mods are trying to cut back on spamming. i mean just look in In Depth to see that.

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:43 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

Exactly! thanks Pres Doc. the thread was great. it prevented people from having to spam off in other threads! I mean, it was CALLED Spam! it's supossed to be pointless, who cares if people think people do it just for raising post counts, i don't think people do that. they just talk about whatever the heck they have on their minds! I really miss it.and Jaffa, you crazy kid! i wonder how many i had... about 200 i think...

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:44 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Dont get me started boy, actually, I am pissed, and its the principle of the matter, how about we all start deleting threads of ours that went a direction we didnt like... or posts we dont like.

Hell, Ive seen a few crappers in my time, why dont I just go and do that
I barely participated in that thread for the last coupla weeks, became the Major sam Jaffa thread but still..sigh, anyway, whats the point crying over spilt milk, no one will get the point anyway

Not to mention certain posts did bring up something that could have been of interest to others reading it but that couldnt fit or would have taken too much effort to fit into other threads...sigh. Ive said my piece.

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:46 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

quote:
Originally posted by MajorSam
they just talk about whatever the heck they have on their minds!

that's why god invented chat rooms.

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:46 PM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

yeah i know, but this thread was about ANYTHING, spur of the moment stuff! not specific things. and why thank you Pres Doc, someone noticed! it was getting funner everyday! and no, no one will start a new one, probly in fear of getting kicked off by the mods or something...

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:50 PM
president doc

Actually it was getting more boring by the day ... but still, lock the damn thread, DO NOT DELETE it.

The thread WAS started by a mod, Jaffa Kree, she merged a few spammish threads and thus it was born.

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:52 PM
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

hey, you coulda come in and completely changed it to whatever you wanted anytime! and yeah, again, i completely agree. even though the best situation would have been to just leave it be!!!!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:54 PM
Red Spud
with a dislike for twats

it was actually around 150 pages long, so i think it was worth closing it.

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
Actually it was getting more boring by the day

dude, it was boring from the start:

quote:
i went to school today!!1

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:57 PM
Red Spud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Spud Click here to Send Red Spud a Private Message Visit Red Spud's homepage! Find more posts by Red Spud Add Red Spud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I deleted it because The Keeper wants to cut back on Spam on The Forums. The thread was full of junk anyway and wouldn't be missed. If you want another Spam thread then start up another one. What does it matter if its deleted or locked? If its locked then you can go back and read it again, but then again it was full of junk. The first post was a loveheart made out of numbers and the second post was a baby crawling on the floor made out of hyphens and other strange shapes from the keyboard. The rest of the posts got progressively worse.

Doc - The only reason your pissed is because there was a decrease in your post count. Go figure, you'll get it back sooner or later. Post counts don't really matter anyway. Especially if all you're doing is Spamming. 30% of your posts are probably Spam.

MajorSam - The thread did not prevent Spam elsewhere. All it did was create another place to Spam.

In the end, it was Spam and meaningless at that.

Meaningless Spam Will Be removed Was the creed on the off topic forum

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-01-2002 12:02 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

even if there is a spam thread there is no reason not to delete it frequently

Old Post 12-01-2002 12:04 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Indiana, Actually i dont care about the post count, im surprised youd say this, I dont give a flying shit one way or the other, but you dont have the ****ing right to go deleting other peoples posts.

Youre right, it doesnt effect me anyway, who even mentioned post counts, you know what ****ing pisses me off these days? people who ****ing whinge and ****ing whine about post counts, get over yourselves for gods sake.
Ive had it upto my shitty neck with both sides, youre damn right im pissed, I dont give a **** about the count, I give a shit about the damn posts, dont go telling me why the hell Im pissed or not.

God, im not even gonna delete this in the post box... I will be heard this time.

I remember when Macguyver or someone left and the post your pix discussion spam thread was removed... huge stink kicked up then, things mostly spam now, why dont we delete that.

Old Post 12-01-2002 12:06 AM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Although the Post Ur Pix disucssion thread can contain Spam at one point or another the thead does have meaning. It has to do with the discussion of the thread on posting Pix. The Spam thread was for meaningless Spam, or just chatting. It was only Spam ok. I don't see whats the fuss. If i had posted a whole lot of crap in it, I wouldnt have cared if it was deleted.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-01-2002 12:14 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Ok, Actually on reflection, the thread was crap, Im sure Ive thought about the deletion of it aswell, the point is that all we have on this board are posts, and in the end, some kind of warning or lock or wahtever would be nice... because its all we have.
i dunno
Whatever.

Old Post 12-01-2002 12:16 AM