Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > How long will Stargate contintues?? What can we do about it?
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kathania

I don't really care the series end with the "Tauri" not winning the entire war - but they could win a great battle.
I most diffinetely do not want the Goa'ulds to win...

And honestely I would not mind Sam and Jack to end up with eachother.....

"I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle." Carter

Cap. Kathania Kiachar

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-09-2002 07:45 PM
Kathania is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kathania Click here to Send Kathania a Private Message Find more posts by Kathania Add Kathania to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I think that something should happen with Sam and Jack, but nothing to big. leave that to the movie... I dont think they should win a huge war either, just maybe eliminate the main bad guy at the present time. It would be cool if the goaulds did win. it would enable the movie writers to make it more interesting, with the bad guys in power, or just more in power then the humans. More so then they are now that is...

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 07-12-2002 08:39 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crackerz
Ambassador of XeroX

I think that the world SHOULD be saved, but not by SG1. SG! should all die together, (the old lot) and then Fred from Holiday should save the rest of the world, that should keep a few people happy!

Old Post 08-07-2002 08:18 PM
Crackerz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crackerz Click here to Send Crackerz a Private Message Find more posts by Crackerz Add Crackerz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
Evil Incarnated

quote:
Originally posted by Kathania

According to the Northern Mythology there are three worlds:

1)"Udg?rd" or "Udgaard" was the world of the giants
2)"Midg?rd" or "Midgaard" was the world of the humans.... (which was located between the other two worlds)
3)"Asg?rd" or "Asgaard" was the world of the Gods.

The only way to go to Asgaard was to cross the rainbue "Bifrost". It is not known whether "Asgaard" was located on earth or ???....

"Valhalla" or "Valhal" is the home of Odin. .. and this is in Asgaard...

The SG-team was right about using "Thor" as he was known as the all powerfull Thunder God -

And I do think it's cool the way they've been able to mix all the different mythology's into the story of Stargate.....

Actually there are a few more worlds to that. Jotunheim, Svartalfheim, Ljusalfheim, Muspelheim, Nifelheim, Vanaheim and Helheim. And they're all a part of a great tree called "Yggdrasil". The world begins withe everything being created from "Guiningagap"(not sure of the spelling) and Odin(Oden) creating the first humans(Ask and Embla) by carving them out of bits of wood that he found on the riverside.

I always thought that the reason for the SG-1-writers to choose "Thor" was his fight with the sons of the giant "Loki", "Midg?rdsormen(The Snake of Midgard)" and "Fenrizulven(Fenriz)". Midg?rdsormen were supposed to a huge snake that encirceld Midgard under the sea, since Thor had thrown the snake into the sea when it was little to save humanity(even though I'm not sure that that was the reason).

Old Post 08-08-2002 05:34 AM
320rwekfpl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 320rwekfpl Click here to Send 320rwekfpl a Private Message Visit 320rwekfpl's homepage! Find more posts by 320rwekfpl Add 320rwekfpl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cimmerian

quote:
Do you not mean Valhalla? Home of the Gods?

Valhalla was not the home of all the Gods - it was Odin's Mead Hall in Gladhiem in Asgard.

Old Post 08-08-2002 06:46 PM
Cimmerian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cimmerian Click here to Send Cimmerian a Private Message Find more posts by Cimmerian Add Cimmerian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

...or tell what they are doing....

Old Post 08-08-2002 09:04 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

The various Star Trek shows (prior to the current one) have all come and gone, mostly with the ship sailing on through the galaxy, the crew alive and intact. STNG is coming out with another feature film this year. No reason why SG1 couldn't follow the same course.

If the show drags on for another season, minus MS and RDA, then is it still the same show and will we still watch it? Its a good guess that the producers don't want to stake their budget on it.

If SG1 is killed off, then no feature films with the cast we've come to love. If the war against the Goa'uld is won, then the writers have to come up with a new race of bad guys -- or have the team chasing those vindictive legos that keep attacking the Asgard .

If shippers want an S&J romance, about the only way it can happen is in the context of a film set after Jack has retired from the military. Then Jack and Sam can shack up violating the military code of conduct. Whether one can realistically put them on the same team again to hare off to save Earth could present a problem, though.

So I'm content to have the series end gracefully with S6 and then move on to films, even if they are made for TV. We can have the cast we've come to love, better story with more development, and still watch the old eps on DVD.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-12-2002 06:04 PM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanguinous Rex

Oh I dunno, I think they could go on with RDA. I mean, come on, why does his leaving affect the whole show? You can always come up with a new main character/idea. I guess it comes down to the fans, though.

I thought X-Files could have gone on but the fans wanted Mulder back, so the show ended.

But SG-1 is more than just RDA, it has several main characters, that all play a great part.

Old Post 08-17-2002 10:01 PM
Sanguinous Rex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sanguinous Rex Click here to Send Sanguinous Rex a Private Message Visit Sanguinous Rex's homepage! Find more posts by Sanguinous Rex Add Sanguinous Rex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
webmouse
Fearless Mouse

Yes, the show is more than RDA, but he is the lead actor and the executive producer, therefore pretty central to the entire works. Also, O'Neill and Jackson were the only two major characters brought over from the film. Jackson has already gone. Without O'Neill then the last real tie between the original film, six seasons of the series and whatever is to come after will be severed.

As you pointed out, you wanted X-Files to go on, but the fans wanted Mulder back. That should tell you something about Mulder's importance to the dynamic of the show. It just wasn't the same without him.

Also consider the effect on a cast when an actor leaves. A cast works so closely together they become a family. The nature of the work is long and intense; often very intimate friendships develop. I'm sure it was very hard on the cast when MS announced his departure. It will be no easier when RDA goes. There may be reasons for the others to leave as well. How many of the cast can leave before SG1 ceases to be SG1? At some point, it becomes just the title of a show, but not the show itself.

Queen of De Nile

Old Post 08-17-2002 10:44 PM
webmouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webmouse Click here to Send webmouse a Private Message Visit webmouse's homepage! Find more posts by webmouse Add webmouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote