Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Daniel......how Should He Come Back???
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mac6yver
Ur fate is in my hands...

There is a thread about Window of Opp in the Episodes forum. Please stay on topic.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-10-2002 05:06 PM
Mac6yver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac6yver Click here to Send Mac6yver a Private Message Find more posts by Mac6yver Add Mac6yver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

i feel a bit sad for jonas, who will be a bit superfluous when daniel is back on sg-1. not that i particularly liked him, but he's not a bad guy.

Old Post 11-10-2002 07:51 PM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Jonas certainly has become a most endearig chap after the events of "Redemption" (I believe part 2) when he asked "Does it go up?" - his acts in "Descent" were also pleasing. Though in relation to the return of Daniel, I think it would be very wonderful if they returned him through the Stargate as if nothing had happenned and he came with a warning like as in just after "TBFTGOG". Yes, that would be lovely, leading into many other things... and the movie! Or something!

Old Post 11-10-2002 08:15 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

speculation/spoiler for full circle

Spoiler:

We've heard that Anubis goes to Abydos to look for the 'Eye of Ra', and considering that Daniel spent a year(!!) there, he's the most likely to know where it is/might be. In order to help SG-1 find it and/or stop Anubis from getting it, he'll most likely have to decend. and WALAH! you have a flash and blood Daniel.

Now. Considering this episode has already been filmed, with (i would hope) a plot similar to the one above, i am led to believe that MS has known about his 'return' to the cast for quite a while now - up to 4 months, in fact. He is adament his visit to Australia is in early january - outside of the regular filming schedule.

curious, hmmm? why did we hear whispers of this before now..? and the fact that season 7 was very likely....?

OR

it is more likely that Full Circle was to lead directly into the film, with Daniel to decend in that episode in time for the feature. Now that there is season 7 - Full circle may not even need a re-write.

Old Post 11-11-2002 12:53 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

"Daniel......how Should He Come Back???"

Buck naked, drunk, and smelling of Elderberry wine...

Okay...

I think one of the characters, not sure if it'll be Jack, Jonas, or Daniel, or Teal'c, wil be sort of "detached" or operating more independently.

If it's Jonas, it will probably come back toward the old team dynamic.

Else, Jonas will be making up for whoever else it is.

Similar to the way he "stood in" for Danny by using Danny's notes in the Cure...

Losing Teal'c or Jack, even intermittenly, would cause the greatest dynamic change in the group, forcing more of a shift away from a balanced action/cerebral/social mix towards more of a cerebral/social mix especially with a Carter/Daniel/Jonas/(Teal'c or Jack) team.

Oh, and 5-man SG-Teams have been seen before...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 11-11-2002 03:59 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

He comes back in the flesh and blood.....and no one can understand how one min his like i wanna leave the next his like i wanna come on back.

Old Post 11-11-2002 04:02 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack's hat
other 1/2 of TeenBrigade

Location: Elven name: Merenwen Loss?helin So I live in the woods

Thumbs up

hey I think window of oportunity is da best

Back on the subject I think Daniel will come back but you won't see him that much

Jo O'neill ( don't ask me why Jo O'neill it's a very long story)

Old Post 11-19-2002 04:29 PM
jack's hat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack's hat Click here to Send jack's hat a Private Message Find more posts by jack's hat Add jack's hat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

He better not be still ascended popping in like a ode to "Randall and Hopkirk (deceased)". That show never quited worked for me. (Brits will remember this show -- ok Old Brits may remember, although wasn't there a remake?...I digress).

Like the suggestion by Deathbunny. However, i do hope he returns to human form. As for the team Dynamic. Well, reduced RDA does leave the door open for other things. Although reduced RDA also mean less O'Niell/Daniel moments.

I do hope they dumb down Jonass -- i.e. he seemed too brilliant. He needs to have some weakness in his intellect. His personality was starting to come along. I do hope it develops in a manner that will complement Daniel's over the course of this season.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks MS return is almost unbelievable... this is almost unprecidented in TV. Anyway, I do hope he doesn't return in an evil way or too 'holy'. That wouldn't be very pleasant.

But I am looking forward to seeing him back. Hope the writers do something interesting without compromising the character of Daniel that people have enjoyed so far. Above all, Daniel's character and integrity must be maintained no matter how they bring him back.

One further note to the credit of the writers. The Ascension episode, not only help set Daniel's death and ultimate asecension, but also provided a roll-back possibility. Either that was great planning or a whole lot of luck. Either way --- you guys look like geniuses -- way to go writers.

Last edited by Tiger on 11-19-2002 at 08:13 PM

Old Post 11-19-2002 08:06 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

I think MS and CN will become the centerpoint of S7; AT and CJ will certainly be important, but RDA will head into the background a bit, since he wants a reduced schedule. That would provide a chance for MS and CN to spar over their job responsibilities and their duties in the SGC, and would change the dynamic of the team considerably.

Heck, RDA may even drop command of SG-1 and give it to AT

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 11-19-2002 08:34 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i don't see daniel and jonas clashing that much over job responsibilities. jonas was more like a mix between sam and daniel but daniel still the archealogical expert and Jonas is more of the scientist sam is. Plus they seemed to get along in the eo where Danny ascended (meridian i think?)

Old Post 11-19-2002 08:43 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

but wasn't the whole issue that Daniel WASN'T doing archeology stuff in the first place? And now they need a double dose of science studies to keep up with the two of them? If thats the case, the NID/conspiracy thing will have to be almost completely DROPPED by season 7, and even then, there is only so much book-work and diggin in dirt you can do before it gets dead boring.

So no, the distinction that Daniel was the archeologist isn't good enough. His experience alone is the only thing he has over Jonas, IMO.

Old Post 11-20-2002 02:07 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Re: Daniel......how Should He Come Back???

quote:
Originally posted by Erishian42
... Orlin descended because of Carter. Then what about Daniel?

Jack (waving an opened bag of Millstone coffee): "Here, Danny, Danny, Danny. Come on, boy. Yeah, coffee. You like? Come on, descend now. Good boy..."

They definitely should have gone off with my idea on how to write off Daniel Jackson on the show...

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-20-2002 04:15 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Daniel can't descend, he doesn't yet know how, remeber, he wasn't flesh and blood in Abyss. And RH what was your idea?

Old Post 11-20-2002 04:28 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Daniel gets left behind on a world under attack (possibly by the Goa'uld) and the Stargate to the world is destroyed. Let SG-1 wonder over what his ultimate fate is until that remarkable day when the attacked planet re-establishes contact with Earth by ship or by constructing/finding a new Stargate.

Any variety of plotlines could evolve from there. The world could have successfully beat off the invasion, making them a potential ally with the tactics and technology to beat the Goa'uld (granted at a price to Earth, of course). Or the world could still be under the throes of the invasion.

Daniel's condition could range from being perfectly fine, to maimed, married, or Goa'ulded. He could either re-join the SGC with no questions asked, or take on a more casual role as the liason between Earth and this world.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-20-2002 04:37 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Interesting
I like your Idea RH but the ascended thig gives him a bit more room to work in, u know the whole not being bothered by time thing.

Old Post 11-20-2002 04:45 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote