Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Jack And the Gatestalk
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Panto Fic One: Jack And the Gatestalk

WARNING: The following fic is old. It made no sense when written and even less sense now. You literally asked for it. And I can't be bothered coding it. it looks slightly better on the archive. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Title: Jack and The Gate-Stalk
Author: Skip, with a helping hand from Carrie/Buttercup
Email: [email protected]
Category: Humour?
Season: As per? not really.
Series: Though my ?series? ?Skip?s Panto Fics? kinda follow, but the way it all? melded, it?s hard to explain without you reading about a hundred fics. You had to be there (Ascifi) really? So let?s say it?s the first.
Summary: Yeah? SG-1 do panto for the first time. Well first time I made em do panto anyhoo.
Notes: First ?Panto? I did. I?m only sorting these out cos of the myriad requests I?ve had to organise myself on this count. So this is for Gemmie cos she asked, and for Ellie, cos she wants ta see
Disclaimer: [I lost all my original disclaimers in the midst of? Well my puter sumwhere? Pity cos sum of em were works of art and earned me a reputation. Sigh.] Not mine. Not mine. Not mine. Such a sad little chant.

Jack and The Gate-Stalk
Cast of Characters:
Jack: Jack O?Neill
Giant named Apophis: Apophis
Giant?s Wife: Janet Frasier
Jack?s Mother: General Hammond
The Cow: Teal?c and Daniel Jackson
The Harp: Samantha Carter
Golden Goose: Schroedinger
Narrator: Daniel
Merchant: Maybourne
Teal?c: You are addressing the wrong end O?Neill.
Daniel: Ahem!
Jack: All right already!
Jack: Oh my, we are so poor here at the SGC, however shall we cope, Cow?
Cow: Moo?
Enter Mother Hammond in full female garb.
Jack?s Mommy: Son, we?re going to have to sell the Cow, we can?t afford the vet?s bills every time it gets shot.
Daniel: Hey!
Jack kicks him.
Cow: Moo?
Jack: My, my, mother, what lovely hair you have!
Hammond: Don?t push it.
Jack: Oh, woe is me! No longer will my cow state the freaking obvious at me, or lecture me on bovine culture!
Daniel: Hey! Lay off the insults!
Teal?c: Those lines are not in the script, O?Neill.
Jack: Who cares?
Jack?s Mommy: Go to the Goa?uld slave market and sell it.
Jack leads the cow across the stage to market.
Narrator: So Jack is forced to lead his beloved cow into a meager existence of servitude to the Goa?uld, wailing at his lot in life.
Jack: You?d think he?d loan me a truck! Oh, no, his prized colonel has to walk?
Daniel: At least he?s not selling you!
A merchant approaches, twiddling his (faux) moustache.
Merchant: Ho there! What a nice cow. Would you be willing to sell it for six chevrons? You wouldn?t have to walk far.
Jack: OK.
Daniel: Hey!
Teal?c: This is most unwise.
Cow (with alarm): Moo??!!
Jack: Stow it, Cow! I?m doing this for the good of the world.
Back at SGC.
Narrator: And so Jack sells out his once-beloved cow for a few lousy chevrons.
Jack: Hey!
Daniel: It?s true!
Jack: How come you get to be narrator and the Cow?
Daniel: ?Cos the cow is a really small part.
Jack: Teal?c isn?t complaining.
Teal?c: That is correct.
Daniel: Never mind.
Jack?s Mommy: So, what did you get? Some good technology? A sarcophagus?
Jack: Six symbols.
Jack?s Mommy: What!? Our scramblers can get them for free! Do you have any idea what they?re for?
Jack: No.
Jack?s Mommy: Useless! I don?t know why I keep you around!
He, er, she walks offstage.
Narrator: But Jack is an industrious boy and doesn?t let his mother get him down. Positive the six chevrons will bring great wealth, he dials the Stargate.
Jack: I?ll dial it up myself and see what I can find out. I?ll show my mother. I?ll show?em all!
Chevron 7 encoded.
Jack: That was quick!
The Stargate activates and Jack walks through it.
He emerges on a desert planet. There is a pyramid in the distance. He heads towards it.
Narrator: So our SELL OUT DESERTER heads towards a Goa?uld Giant?s palace.
Jack: Good thing I brought my gun. This looks like it could get rough. I wonder how much it costs to heat that place?
Daniel: But you didn?t, the budget cuts meant that you could only afford one gun and SG-3 have it.
Jack: F?
Daniel: Hey! There may be kiddies watching! Really, you shouldn?t be surprised by it?what with you having to sell a highly valued cow to obtain six free chevrons.
Jack: Fine.
Jack: Ohhhh?kree!
Daniel: That?s better.
Narrator: So our intrepid renegade heads toward the palace unarmed and alone.
Jack: Rub it in, why don?t you!
Jack: I think I can, I think I can.
Knock Knock!
The huge door opens, the Giant?s wife looks down.
Wifey: What do you want? If my husband finds you here he will kill you! But I think you are kind of cute, so I?ll let you in.
Jack: Thanks! I?m known for my bravery. Your husband doesn?t scare me!
Daniel: Huh, bravery. Foolishness is more like it.
Jack: Ah ah ah! Watch it!
Wifey: Then you best come in.

Who is up for part 2?

What will happen to our intrepid hero? Will anyone even mind if I shoot him? What did I do with my plot?

Find out whenever

Skip

Last edited by Skip on 10-21-2001 at 07:37 PM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-21-2001 06:07 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

quote:
Who is up for part 2?

Er...me *puts hand up*

Old Post 10-21-2001 06:43 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

i've started so i'll finnish

don't sound so enthusiastic i may be bowled over.. i warned you... this is over a year old... you asked for it.... i hate it you hate it we even
BTW I wrote my 'icecream' line BEFORE the Light so ner

Inside the palace, Egyptian d?cor.
Daniel: And so Jack entered the pyramid and ate the Goa?uld?s wife?s cooking. Suddenly, the Giant named Apophis returns.
Loud steps. Apophis enters. His wife plants a big smacker on him.
Apophis: Hey honey I?m home!
Jack: Hey honey I?m home???
Jack: Oh, fuzzbutt. What shall I do? Apophis is sure to see me and kill me.
Wife: Hard day, lovebunny?
Apophis: Yes, but no worse than usual. You know-had to destroy a couple of planets, choose some more Jaffa and hosts, got a little paperwork done. Same ol?, same ol?.
Narrator: So Jack hid in the oven.
Jack: Oven? I?m not going in an oven!
Daniel: Would you prefer to be put in a hot oven? Or have a snake in your neck?
Jack: Point taken.
Jack gets in.
Narrator: Apophis settles down for dinner. Unbeknownst to him, his wife, utterly taken with our lad Jack has spiked his food. Soon, he was rendered unconscious.
Wifey: You can come out now, my little morsel.
Jack gets out, he black from head to toe with soot.
Jack: Very funny! If I?m not being shot at or beaten, I?m getting dirty.
Narrator: Now Jack, never one to back away without booty, decided to take a look around. He climbed up onto the table to see what was up there.
Jack climbs the table leg.
Jack: Can?t they make the giants a bit smaller? Certainly would make my job a ton easier.
Daniel: No.
Jack: I had to ask!
On the table is a Golden Goose, looking suspiciously like a cat with wings strapped on it?s back. Next to it is a beautiful Harp, typing away on a laptop.
Jack: Wow! How you doin??
Harp: Hi, I?m just trying to solve this formula, be with you in a moment.
Golden Goose: Meow!
Jack: So, you come here often?
Sam: Colonel! Quit improvising.
Jack: Right. Regulations.
Jack: So, Harp, what?s Apophis got ya working on?
Harp: Oh, a little of this, a little of that. I mostly help him muddle through the astrophysics of the Stargate.
Narrator: Jack realizes that the Harp would be a very valuable addition to the SGC. Using his charm and diplomatic skills, he woos her to join him.
Jack: Hey, I?ve got a proposition, why don?t you come back through the Stargate with me? We?ve got some great computers? at least we did before the budget cuts? but we?ve also got ice-cream.
Daniel: Your main point for choosing alliance with the Ta?uri is that we have ice cream?
Jack: Uh, yeah.
Harp: Sounds great to me! Where do I sign up?
Jack smirks.
Daniel: Why doesn?t this stupid script have you tell her about the great cultural benefits she will gain if she comes back with you? Damn military mentality.
Jack: I want her to come with me, not fall asleep or run away!
Daniel: Hey
Jack and the Harp head for the door. Behind them, the Giant named Apophis stirs.
Narrator: Before our hero and heroine make their great escape, Apophis regains consciousness and sees notices something is awry.
Apophis: Fee, fi, fo, fum, I smell the blood of an Airforce mon!
Jack: Why the hell does Apophis suddenly have a Caribbean accent?
Daniel: Well, it had to rhyme somewhat.
Wifey: Run!
Apophis: Be he live, or be he dead, I?ll crush his bones to make my bread!
Jack picks up the Harp and runs for the Stargate.
Harp: Why, aren?t you the gentleman?
Daniel: Ahem. Now who?s ad-libbing, Sam?
Narrator: So they run for the gate, with Apophis and his men in hot pursuit.
Jack: Geez, you?re heavier than I thought!
Harp: It?s that time of the month. Sorry, should have warned you!
Narrator: As they approach the DHD, Jack realizes he has no idea how to get home.
Jack: I have no idea how to get home.
Jack: (Double take.) Oh, ha ha!
Harp: Wait! This is what Apophis had me working on! He can?t get to your world, but maybe I can!
She dials.
Narrator: As she dials the final symbol, the Stargate opens.
Whoosh! They walk through.
Jack: Bye! Sorry I can?t stay, but the play?s almost over.
Inside the SGC.
Jack?s Mommy: Well son, you got a harp and a goose. Wonder how much they?ll fetch at the market. I?ll take them myself this time. You want something done, you gotta do it yourself.
Jack: But, mother, the Harp has special talents and can save the SGC.
Jack?s Mommy: Well, why didn?t you say so?! Oh, and by the way that merchant you traded the cow to had a change of heart (twinge of conscience for always swindling you) and brought it back while you were out.
Daniel: Well, I should say so.
Teal?c: Indeed.
Jack: Hooray!
Cow: Moo.
Narrator: And so ends our tale. Because our dear audience has had to sit through this monstrosity, I am using my omnipotent power and commanding you all to sing a song for them. Kind of an apology, if you will.
Jack: I?m not singing!
Daniel: Do it, Jack, or I?ll tell the General you and the Harp were making goo-goo eyes at each other at Apophis? palace.
Jack: Touch?. All right, but no encore.
Starred verses are sung by Maybourne, Kinsey, Goa?uld hordes and any other baddies (fill in your favorites) to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.
Remaining verses are sung by the other members of SGC, Nox, Tollan, Asgard, Tokra etc.

May old acquaintance be forgot,
And killed by our power divine!
May old baddies be revived,
For sake of story line.

When it?s a mi-ll-ion-to-one,
May Luck be on our side!
May Daniel find a planet on
Which his hayfever don?t reside.

May we invent new ways to kill,
May our voices stay so strange.
May organised revolt n?er find,
It?s way to our range.

May Kinsey be locked away,
May God stay on our side!
May Hammond not get angry when
SG-1 ?to danger stride.

May stupid mistakes occur,
And accidents befall!
May Daniel get shot and Jack
Be chained to my wall.

Jack: Hey! (He sings alone
May snakes be ever so stupid
May Jaffas die easily!
May all the Goa?ulds combust
Spontan-eo-us-ly!

Daniel:
May I find some strange new text,
Make friends instead of war!
May see my Sha?re again,
It?s all I?m asking for.

Sam:
May interstellar wormholes
And physics never fail!
May I solve the equations and
Send Maybourne to jail.

Maybourne:
No fair!
May Tokra, Tollans and the Nox,
Surrender all to me!
Give me your tech, ?cos I?m the best
And so?ll say posterity!

Teal?c:
May Goa?uld be denounced,
For all the world to see!
May my son and all of Chulak
Be the ones freedom to see.

Jack: Not bad!

Apophis: My turn now!
May those who dare to challenge
My authority,
Rot in all the hells there are,
For all eternity!

SG-1:
May we win the war,
That we?ve fought so long,
May we hope and peace abound
Jack: So I don?t have to sing this song.

Daniel: That?s all we have time for folks, I hope you enjoyed the ride. I tried to have a laugh, at least I found this funny. G?Night!
Curtain falls.
Daniel: Hey guys! I didn?t get hurt or sneeze!
Sam groans.
Jack: Jinx yourself why don?t ya?!
Daniel sneezes so hard that he is propelled into the wall and knocks himself out.
Jack, Sam and Teal?c: Ohmygod! They killed Danny!
Jack: You bastards!
Teal?c: It would appear that Daniel Jackson will not see in the New Year.
Jack: Don?t worry. Doc?ll save him and all will work out in the end. It always does.
Curtain falls.
The End, and God bless us, everyone.

You asked for it

Last edited by Skip on 10-21-2001 at 07:18 PM

Old Post 10-21-2001 06:46 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

That was so funny. A stroke of genius on the Auld lang Syne bit. lol. I wouldn't be surprised if MGM hire you to write their next comic episode.

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:08 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Why thankyou.... some feeling in that one LOL. You didn't know I partially got my name from filkwriting? Maybe i put some filks up too.. i even got one published....

So do you want Panto 2? I have quite a few sequels.... or shal I give you time to recover? Don't want to flod the forum with my pastfics!

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:15 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

I might be a bit busy to read it now. I'll maybe baby be able to read Panto no 2 tomorrow though after my full long day of college, work and exercising. Cheeze I'm gonna be bust 2moro.

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:19 PM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

I'm surprised I can type after rock-climbing! Oke-doki I post a fic a day hey? I'll do my Pantos... 1-6... then my ST x-over Panto... then Chickfic then Holiday Fic then.... maybe I'll do my Romeo one and Hollywood take.... And soon i'll bit-post Vinum and then Woods. I can keep you fed all year round!

So tomorrow, you get:

Dr. Who?

Keep tuned for the first of many X-over spoofs! LOL

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:22 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

lol, sure will do skip.

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:24 PM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Geez I've written masses! But my spoofs pantos are my faves *sighs* and the next one holds a special place in my heart LOL....

We have a 'Plan'!

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:26 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

I started writing my Fic called, "The beast Wars" yesterday, but it's crud. i need to get a few more ideas round my head before I start writing.

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:35 PM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

that's why i take so long on mine. i just think and think and think, not even consciously sometimes. don't worry it will come. i always scrap a first draft on principle LOL. btw i put pt1 of vinum up

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:37 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Although this is my first Stargate fic. I mainly write my own ideas in the forms of scripts. Ifind it soo much more appealing creating my own characters and so on. That's why I am going back to the time when the beasts were around serving those with the glowing eyes so I can create a whole hoard of new characters.

I knew you couldn't resist posting another fic.

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:43 PM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

It's not a panto! FCOL! And I use script when I do comedy of a certain type... but not in my a/a stuff which Vinum is. It al depends ont he story as to how I write it.

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:51 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Dueley Noted

I was talking about scripts that I write. I tend not to write stories like Novels and so on, but as a student of film we're encouraged to write our scrupts as it would be done in a Studios capacity and so on. I love the way you do your comedies in a sort of Play script. It adds to the humour

Old Post 10-21-2001 07:59 PM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

ah it all just dependsm i started chicken off as a script and then switched and had to explain away... you havenpt got to where the narrator actually starts aguing with itself.. thats in another fic.. mwahahah.... actually the narrator is kewl i like her LOL. this wasn't settled into any style. when you read it now you'll think i'm a schitzo;;;;; :ops:: i am a schitzo........

Old Post 10-21-2001 08:03 PM