Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > real or fanfic?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Angelique

real or fanfic?

okay, major downfall of having read too much fic before seeing much of the show: not knowing what's canon and what's make believe

did jack really tickle daniel on a fishing trip? what ep was that?

did the SGC really not believe daniel about the Harcesis for months after Forever In a Day?

when did Daniel do a dig with SG-11?

i'm sure i'll think of more by tomorrow, but these are the burning questions for tonight. :-)

thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-27-2002 08:07 AM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

A suggestion for the missions with SG-?...

www.rdanderson.com/stargate/stargate.htm (or is it ".html"?)

They're pretty good, in the "Mission Log" of getting stuff like that...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 08-27-2002 08:42 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

That happens all the time to me. I start talking about an ep not realising that its a fic and go on and on about it only to find out that when i go searching for the season in which it was in it doesn't exist.

And the danny tickle.

quote:
did jack really tickle daniel on a fishing trip? what ep was that?

I don't think that he has ever been to jacks fishing hole. For that matter why hasn't he??? Sam (2010) has so has Teal'c(The curse).

quote:
did the SGC really not believe daniel about the Harcesis for months after Forever In a Day?

I don't think that they even talked about it in depth. Only in pasing in like one ep.

quote:
when did Daniel do a dig with SG-11?

Yes. The first ones. Were that annoying guy got a Goa'uld in him.

Old Post 08-27-2002 09:05 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Re: real or fanfic?

quote:
Originally posted by Angelique
... did the SGC really not believe daniel about the Harcesis for months after Forever In a Day? ...

Jack sounded pretty incredulous in "Foothold" about the Harcesis child.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 08-27-2002 02:38 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

new question:
what really happened to daniel's appendix?

Old Post 08-30-2002 12:08 PM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

He prob had it taken out ages ago. Even before the SG-1 program. Never heard of it metioned until now.

Old Post 08-31-2002 07:40 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Daniel's appendix was taken out during the episode "Nemesis" which is why he couldn't go with Jack to his cabin or go up into Thor's ship. He was still recovering from his surgery in the concluding episode, "Small Victories."

As for what happened to the appendix, there's no telling. As long as I don't see it in a jar in Daniel's lab, I'll be happy.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-31-2002 01:30 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

quote:
Originally posted by Rithmah
As for what happened to the appendix, there's no telling. As long as I don't see it in a jar in Daniel's lab, I'll be happy.

LOL, that's not what I meant, but thanks for answering my question! :-)

Old Post 08-31-2002 02:04 PM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Arrr. Well theres something new you learn every day.

Old Post 09-03-2002 08:02 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Angelique

LOL, that's not what I meant, but thanks for answering my question! :-)

I'm curious then what did you mean?

Michael Shanks had to have an emergency appendectomy and that's why "Daniel" did too..... there have been numerous fanfics filling in those particular missing scenes.... taking Daniel from being ok in Crystal Skull [though in reality there's scene or two with a body double because MS was in the hosptial] through being in bed at the start of Nemesis.

Old Post 09-03-2002 09:32 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

LOL, you *did* answer my question. I meant "what were the circumstances that led to Daniel's appendix being removed." At one point it was answered that "what happened to the appendix" could have been "in a jar in Daniel's lab," which was *not* what I had meant. :-)

Old Post 09-04-2002 02:45 AM