Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Master Bra`tac
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StuntMan_Stan

Question Master Bra`tac

I apologise if this has been posted before.....

Bra`tac was the first prime of Apophis before Tea`lc.

Tealc was the first to defect to the side of the tauri, he became hated and despised by the system lords and a hefty price is now on his head....

yet Bratac has been known to aid the tauri since Apophis lauched his attack on earth at the end of series one.

I always thought that it was a very inconsistent part of the storyline when Tealc is always branded a "Sholva" and Bratac seems to move around the galaxy free from the attention of the system lords.

After he helped foil Apophis attack on earth he returned to Chulak, how come he only took one beating ?(from several Jaffa) and when Apophis returned he didnt bother to sort him out?

Comments would be appreciated

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-20-2002 01:43 PM
StuntMan_Stan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StuntMan_Stan Click here to Send StuntMan_Stan a Private Message Find more posts by StuntMan_Stan Add StuntMan_Stan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

He possibly could have said he was wrong. I can`t remember anything off hand from any of the episodes that explains this. Is it 'Family' which is the next episode we see him in after the season 2 premiere.

Old Post 11-20-2002 03:17 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

Both Tealc and Bratac are of the same mind. They both believe the Goa'uld are false gods. Tealc decided to defect, but we are never told why Bratac didn't. Perhaps he felt it was best to assist Tealc/Tauri by remaining covert.

Old Post 11-20-2002 03:34 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

I think he is covert as well. Somehow he manages to move freely without anyone knowing or caring.

Or it could be that the Goa'uld simply see him as an old fart who couldn't possibly be so smart as to instigate mutiny in various Jaffa armies...

But eventually, his luck is going to run out.

Old Post 11-20-2002 05:06 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StuntMan_Stan

Thats my hole point he wasnt very covert when he stood in front of Apophis and told him that he had spent 133 years worshiping false gods NO MORE then he shot the peltac thus dooming Apophis`s two mothership and saving earth.

Although Bratec didnt defect to earth like tealc he still defied / betrayed Apophis....

He can just roam around Jaffa and Gouald planets without any problems..... where as the Goauld have tried alot harder to capture Tealc to exact revenge

Old Post 11-20-2002 05:11 PM
StuntMan_Stan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StuntMan_Stan Click here to Send StuntMan_Stan a Private Message Find more posts by StuntMan_Stan Add StuntMan_Stan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

well bratac is an old and very smart/cunning man, he knows alot more than he is supposed to

I think that is how he was able to avoid the goauld

also he has some jaffa who suport his cause, and they were probably able to hide him

Old Post 11-20-2002 05:33 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

In "Bloodlines", it took some finagling and sweet talk to keep Bra'tac out of trouble after helping SG-1 escape Chulak. He said that much in the Season 2 opener.

After aiding in the destruction of Apophis' attack force, Bra'tac was in open rebellion against the Goa'uld, but lay low and hidden on Chulak. He, too, was a traitor, but he had trained this cadre of Jaffa to quietly defy the Goa'uld, and they helped him remain out of sight.

When Apophis fell at the hands of Sokar, Bra'tac instigated a planetary rebellion on Chulak. It initially failed as many Jaffa of Apophis' retinue fell in line with Klorel, but that rebellion took a second wind at the start of Season 3.

The rebellion on Chulak fell through, however, when Apophis took Sokar's armies and laid waste to the world. Ever since then, Bra'tac has been part of a refugee rebel force, a leader of a fallen rebellion, until we get some of the later episodes like "The Warrior" and "Allegience", where the rebel Jaffa gain some organization.

In short, Bra'tac has been a shol'vah since the start of Season 2. His involvement just hasn't been as visible as Teal'c's.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-20-2002 07:00 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

quote:
Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael
In short, Bra'tac has been a shol'vah since the start of Season 2. His involvement just hasn't been as visible as Teal'c's.

That's a very good, and obvious point. Of course we can't tell if the system lords aren't after him as hard as Tealc. We simply don't get much of his day to day story. We're seeing him from SG-1's perspective.

Old Post 11-20-2002 07:29 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Re: Master Bra`tac

quote:
Originally posted by StuntMan_Stan
...I always thought that it was a very inconsistent part of the storyline when Tealc is always branded a "Sholva" and Bratac seems to move around the galaxy free from the attention of the system lords.

Not neccessarily "free from the attention...". When Teal'c was being tortured in "The Serpent's Venom", he was told that Bra'tac had been tortured and killed already. Though this may have been false, it did show what the Goa'uld thought to do to Brat'ac should he have ever been captured.

quote:
...and when Apophis returned he didnt bother to sort him out?

Apophis never got the chance to "sort him out". Bra'tac escaped from Chulak by fleeing to Earth, wounded and carrying a dying pupil with him. Had Bra'tac not succeeded in leaving Chulak, Apophis would have certainly did as you describe and destroy the old man.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-20-2002 08:12 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonas

I think this can be explained quite simply; when Teal'c turned he was at that time the First Prime - an outright attack on his God. Brata'c had long since been replaced when he turned; in the strict hierarchy of snake-land this wouldn't be seen as being as severe. Yes sure Brata'c is wanted, but so are a lot of other beings. Teal'c is number one enemy because of his closeness to Apophis when he snapped.

PS. Plus the bridge is too well guarded.

Old Post 11-21-2002 04:42 AM
Jonas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonas Click here to Send Jonas a Private Message Find more posts by Jonas Add Jonas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

Its' just a tiny weeny glitch in the story line. He hasn't done anything more than teal'c and he moves and teal'c doesnt'. Its easier to put a price on the head of someone that u now exsists!

Old Post 11-22-2002 07:04 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Teal'c opposes the Goa'uld every single day and prances through the gates in the colours of the enemy teaching everyone he knows that the Goa'uld are false Gods. He rubs Apophis' face in it with every single thing he does. They'll go after Bra'tac, but for the time being Teal'c is the man they want.

Old Post 11-22-2002 08:57 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonas

I wonder if Jaffa jealousy comes into it? Sure the System Lords want Teal'c for reasons outlined above; and as Bose says they'll come after Brata'c eventually. However in the ranks of Jaffa (those still in the service of their Gods) there seems respect for the old master yet contempt for Teal'c.

Or are they merely counting the (what do Jaffa use for money?) reward when they serve up his head to their God?

Old Post 11-23-2002 05:28 AM
Jonas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonas Click here to Send Jonas a Private Message Find more posts by Jonas Add Jonas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

Ive never seen any material money, but there is one type of guarente, Serve or die! No teal'c was the first to go over to the tau'ri and we all know by now that any human who doesn't use "real weapons" is regarded with contempt. bra'tac has stayed with his bretheren and fought on , whereas Teal'c has gone off to fight with a little known race of non-hosts, not good for the browny points!

Old Post 11-23-2002 08:50 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
(what do Jaffa use for money?) reward

It's mentioned in Bloodlines, when Apophis offers some for the capture of Teal'c. Shesh, I think, or seshta. (The first of which means scribe in AE. )

Old Post 11-23-2002 09:33 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote