Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > where'd the goa'uld get their tech from?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
alex8472
dead and loving it

where didi the gou'ald get all there tech from?

was it the noxs or the furlings (the fifth race) or was it another advanced race wiped out but how was they overrun by a bunch of snake headed unas with no weapons???

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-07-2002 10:50 AM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

The Goa'uld get their tech, weapons etc from generally all of their hosts.

Old Post 10-07-2002 10:58 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

they stole it from whoever they could

they prolly also developed their own stuff too based on the stuff they stole...

i think they made the transport rings, and obviously their design of their ships/weapons etc... they probably also studied the stargate in depth...

Old Post 10-07-2002 02:14 PM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok-ra Cyax
Wheres the peanut butter?

Well,

Bra`tac said to ryac that the goa`uld do any thing they can to steal technologies. They find it is theres.

Kinda like the borg.

"I am trying to kick the flour thing."

Old Post 10-29-2002 08:20 PM
Tok-ra Cyax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok-ra Cyax Click here to Send Tok-ra Cyax a Private Message Find more posts by Tok-ra Cyax Add Tok-ra Cyax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

*wishes he had the answer.*

Old Post 11-04-2002 06:25 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

I think that the Goa'uld stole all the tech they use, except for most of the things powered by Naqueda(spelling?). but that is my theory.

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-04-2002 06:28 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Naquada, the stole everything, they are parasites, they can't have gotten anything for themselves. *still wishing he knew who the goa'uld stole their stuff from*

Old Post 11-04-2002 06:29 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

From the Ancients mostly I'd say. That's where Anubis got his new technology and they got the Stargate from anyway.

I don't think they bothered trying to design their own technology but it has never been stated that they stole everything.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-04-2002 12:58 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Yo kama, have u read my Ultimate Anubis theory?

Old Post 11-07-2002 10:18 PM
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

why would we want to read ur theory?

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-07-2002 10:21 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Coz it is the Ultimate One? *kidding*
The goa'uld are parasites, what don't u get Kama, they cannot have anything of their own! Their sheer existence is varied depending on what form of life they steel the body from.

Old Post 11-07-2002 10:24 PM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

quote:
The goa'uld are parasites, what don't u get Kama, they cannot have anything of their own!
Who says they can't possibly make their own? Baal had a Gravity Reserach Laboratory, he was certainly figuring it out for himself.

Old Post 11-08-2002 04:26 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Wasn't that thing Anubis used to keep the gate open in the opening episodes of season six stolen from the Ancients? I thought it was

Just because they need a body to survive doesn't mean they can't think for themselves and design things (like they obviously can).

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-08-2002 09:48 AM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
Speaker-Second Foundation

It's seems obvious that the Goau'ld both steel tech and "invent" their own. There are multiple examples of Goa'uld researching, which I think implies ultimate development of something new (i.e. like those devices that let them see the Ritu - definately inventive, but probably based on stolen tech).

True though, that the Goa'uld rely mostly on steeling tech - because it's easier for them - and what their designed to do.

Old Post 11-08-2002 05:01 PM
Roy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Click here to Send Roy a Private Message Find more posts by Roy Add Roy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Their shere existence is not their own, this is one of those go up the ladders thing, if there is a rung missing as there is here and u put your foot in it, u fall down. Even if Baal has a lab he enslaved a human host to do everything for him, nothing is really his, NOTHING, NOTHING Just listen to daniel in Pretense, he makes my argument quite nicely.

Old Post 11-09-2002 03:15 AM