Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > stargate (something about the tollan..)
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
Therefore they take the gates off-a the wrecked planets and use it in a ship. BOTH of Apophis' ships in Serpents grasp and lair had gates and those were just standard Ha'taks. And who says that the Ancients only put gates on inhabitable planets? I think we've seen enough evidence to suggest that ALL ships, even only the ones with underlords(Klorel) have gates on them and then even if it is just underlords then Tanith would have brougt one into orbit of Tollana as well.

Incorrect. Only Skarra's ship had a Stargate. The one commanded by Apophis in "Serpent's Lair" did not, as Apophis and Klorel had to ring off Pop's ship to get to Skarra's.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-13-2002 06:38 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Not to mention Teal'c wasnt familiar with this, granted, they guy wasnt familiar with the procedure for reading the "procedure manual for first primes", but still, youd think hed know about gates in ships

Old Post 10-13-2002 06:48 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

NO ONE answered my question, so far we have only seen one gate on a ship and everyone is assuming that all goa'uld have gates on ships!!

Old Post 10-14-2002 05:48 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Once again, Anubis, you wrap yourself in the blanket of stupefying arrogance. Three such answers were brought forth, so shut up and actually read what you're trying to deride, before you look even more the fool.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:17 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

i asked for spefic examples, which no one has given.

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:18 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

You asked for negative evidence, and you wave aside all argument in favor of the concept.

Point is (and it has been elaborated on before?so read the friggin' threads!) is that "Serpent's Lair" has been on only or few-between instance we have ever seen of a Stargate being aboard a Goa'uld ship. Presumably, as someone did point out in another thread, because the planet they were going to invade (Earth) had its Stargates well-guarded in military fortresses, and it may have been easier to bring one along instead of committing half their forces (only two ships in on the attack, remember) in trying to capture Earth's gate(s).

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:36 AM
Man of less sorrow

Yes, but i was still wanting to make...
well....
point conceded...

Old Post 10-14-2002 06:39 AM
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Though it does not matter in this context we have seen a Stargate on board Cronus' ship in Exodus . It seems highly unlikely to me that the underlord not the overlord would have the gate. In serpents lair Did they have to ring off the ship?

Last edited by Lord ?okar on 10-15-2002 at 05:17 AM

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:08 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Clearly the Goa'uld hierarchy is as complex as filing a tax return, hopefully all will become clear towards the end (if there is an end.)

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:10 AM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

The Stargate on Cronus' ship was the Vorash gate, pulled off from the Tok'ra base so that they could carry to an uncharted world.

And yes, in "Serpent's Lair", Apophis and Klorel, once they saw that their expedition was doomed, walked over to the ring transporter and left Apophis' ship. Presumably to get onto Klorel's ship and gate off.

Klorel may have picked up the Stargate simply because his ship was the last one, setting off after Apophis embarked on his own ship. Last guy out of the house locks the door and carries the key with him, no?

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
Though it does not matter in this context we have seen a Stargate on board Cronus' ship in Exodus . It seems highly unlikely to me that the underlord not the overlord would have the gate. In serpents lair Did they have to ring off the ship?

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:30 AM
Man of less sorrow

But wasn't Jackson using the gate on Klorel's mothership when the ship/s went to hell?

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:32 AM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Yep. And funny thing is, Pops and Klorel didn't seem to notice the C4 glued to the back of the Gate, too.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:35 AM
Man of less sorrow

RH: Can u clarify that one just a bit for me? thanx

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:48 AM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

To eleborate on an explanation, Danny may have gotten through the gate shortly before Apophis and Klorel went through.

Daniel and Sam affixed blocks of C4 onto the Stargate aboard Klorel's ship, on the hope that the naquada within the gate would magnify the explosion enough to assist in destroying the ship. Apophis and Klorel, funnily enough, didn't seem bothered enough to check the gate for sabotage.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 10-15-2002 06:17 AM
Man of less sorrow

Why would they assume the humans had the brains to do so?

Old Post 10-15-2002 06:19 AM