Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > could use some motivation
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

No, don't!

Sorry.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 01-02-2002 09:44 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Makes you wonder if there should be a shipping forum.

Old Post 01-03-2002 01:37 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Danger travelor...that's the shipper forum there...very dangerous territory.

Old Post 01-03-2002 12:47 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

If you wanna chat shipper/anti-shipper, start another topic. Is ne1 gonna help me or is anyone who actually cares gonna wait forever to hear how Kaila falls down a hole, breaks her leg, gets knocked unconcious and needs to be rescued by sg1? Anyone? I'M LAZY! GIVE ME A HAND HERE!!

Oh, and if you haven't read my fic, my character:

Kaila "If I'd had my hand in that any longer I'd barely be able to feel it if I stabbed myself. It would still
hurt, just not as much, and I'm against self-mutilation anyway. Oh...um...who are you people?"

"The hell you ain't! Welcome to the land of Oz, Dorothy!"

The series is called Down Under. I need help. Please.

Old Post 01-16-2002 09:40 AM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, um, I'm not big on fanfic, as in I rarely read it, but I'm happy to beta read and stuff, and check out plot lines and grammar or whatever. What exactly would you want doing?

Old Post 01-16-2002 01:02 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

I'm willing to help as well. What was it you wanted again?

I read the fic, I am 100% positive that I did but I can't seem to remember any of it any more so I'll go read and again and get back to you.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 01-16-2002 02:26 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Kaila, I think Heliopolis now has a list of beta readers. You might want to ask one of them to review your fic.

Old Post 01-16-2002 10:54 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

I don't want a beta-reader. I want someone who can duplicate my style of writing, take the pre-determined events and write them into a workable story, and basically do half of the work for me! Is this too much too ask? I know, I should write it myself, but I'd really like to work through it with someone. Oh, by the way, if you're gonna respond to this positively, I suggest you read the fanfic first. Anyway, my email is [email protected].

Old Post 01-24-2002 11:04 AM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Kaila wrote:

" I don't want a beta-reader. I want someone who can duplicate my style of writing, take the pre-determined events and write them into a workable story, and basically do half of the work for me! Is this too much too ask? "

Actually, it is. Why should I spend my creative energies on someone else's fic?

Old Post 01-24-2002 01:48 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

No flames please

Kaila, you want a 'co-author' and I suggest you ask for as much, and don't credit anyone who would help with much less

Maybe you could find one on the beta list?

Old Post 01-24-2002 07:43 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Na'La'Re
Self-Appointed Chosen One

Location: Beetleguese 6- it was originally called Beetleguese 5 but Beetleguese 6 thought 5 sounded better than 6 and stole our number. The Numerical Wars are still being fought at this time. Will shall regain our number!

Wink

Cumtraya, Kaila!

I've already told you to do the bull gag. It works.
Also, gotta get more Teal'c into it! Remember the Paul/Jack character, you should try it out! Red high heels would do him wonders! How 'bout Tok'ra involvement!?! And if you really love your cousin, you'll put in Charlie (not the dead kid), Martouf, and Makepeace.

Old Post 01-25-2002 07:40 AM
Na'La'Re is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Na'La'Re Click here to Send Na'La'Re a Private Message Find more posts by Na'La'Re Add Na'La'Re to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

Talking

Ah, yes. I start to get depressed after seeing page after page of people telling me to do it myself, then i come across a reply from my cousin. Truly inspirational. I did use your bull joke, thanks, but lets keep the red high heels out of it, shall we? Thanks anyway. I'll give the beta-reader thing a go....sigh....if i must. Oh well. Better get back to it.

Old Post 01-28-2002 08:52 AM
Kaila
Humor me.

Question

Oh, by the way, how does one get a beta-reader anyway? I tried at heliopolis but it didn't make any sense whatsoever to me. Either I'm just too easily confused, or it was too late at night/early in the morning. I'm guessing the latter. Anyways, any help here would be good. Sigh, if I say it enough, someone might respond. I hope.

Old Post 02-05-2002 10:05 AM
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Go here: Betas

Sort by whatever fic you write, drop them a line, asking if they are busy/interested. I would help but am flooded right now sorry

Old Post 02-05-2002 06:31 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

that place just confuses the hell out of me. too many options. so, once again, if anyonecould help me please contact me cos this looking for a beta thing is rather tricky.

Old Post 02-07-2002 05:50 AM