Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > could use some motivation
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mor

quote:
Originally posted by Venus

Erm, Jack's not capable of a long term relationshp (I'm so gonna get flamed) I mean, he had a kid, and a wife, and well, neither of them lasted that long... (In the nicest possible way). And I'd rather see Sam get with someone else.

No..not gonna flame you...you have a valid point...BUT...
What about his relationship with Lara on the planet Eudora? She's pregnant with his child so we know the writers are hopefully gonna tie up that loose end. As for his wife...He walked away from her after the death of his son....and he really hasn't closed that emotional door yet...maybe this is one reason that his character is presented as being unwilling to engage in a further relationship?
Personally I'd like to see Sam hook up with Kareem...we know the Tollan aren't gone forever...and Sam has shown some strong feelings towards him ...unlike her almost relationship with Martouf which was screwed up with lingering Jolinar memories.

So who do you want to see Sam with?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-30-2001 07:19 PM
Mor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mor Click here to Send Mor a Private Message Find more posts by Mor Add Mor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

OMG, it's Narim, not Kareem!

Yeah, look @ Jack at relationships; gets her pregnant after what, *counts on fingers* 100 days? Thats... How many months? Three?

Sam? Erm, yeah, I'm interested in the

Spoiler:
Lan'tash thing
and also Martouf and Narim and definately Orlin. (was that his name?!)

Old Post 12-30-2001 07:41 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Why shouldn't Sam and Jack get together:

1. Regulations

2. I for one can't see any 'sparkage', any attempts always seem forced. To me, it seems like a work friendship.

3. They'd drive each other nuts. (He spends his off time fishing, she spends her off hours working on reactors.)

4. Age difference.

5. Both of them have a pretty poor track record in relationships. (Do you really think Jack is going to brave the 'Carter Curse'?)

If they did get married they'd probably be divorced within 3 years.

As for Daniel and Janet, you must have missed the hand-holding scene in Rites of Passage. All right, she's a few years older than him, but so what? It works for me.

Old Post 12-30-2001 08:52 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

4. Age difference.
All right, she's a few years older than him, but so what?

The key here is

It works for me.

teeheehee, contradicting yourself eh? sigh, well, seeing as ive got a thing for the older women, doesnt really matter anyway, but when i reach 40/50/ some multiple of that, which is what jack is, im sure i wouldnt mind some nubile young thing that runs around half naked outside in the freezing cold night...that reminds me, I must look out of my window more often?!

Old Post 12-30-2001 08:57 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

OK, I admit there's a contradiction there. But the rest of it still holds. I just don't think Sam and Jack would blow their careers just to get a little "nookie".

A lot of fanfics have General Hammond looking the other way. I don't think so. For one thing, it would make him look bad if his 2IC broke fraternization rules. For another, the rest of the SG team commanders would probably be pretty pissed off if Hammond showed that much favoritism towards Jack. Morale would definitely suffer. Just once, I'd like to see a shipper ficcers take those points into consideration.

Old Post 12-30-2001 09:15 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

quote:
Originally posted by puddykat
*walks up to kc and punches him square in the nose*

Why??? Why must I go through this so often? I'm not that masculine am I? *Reads last post she made* Ok, bar that one.
quote:

puddy: put down the gun kc!
kc: okay

You forgot about my trust, lucky purple bricks! Ha ha! *Flings one at Puddy* Bring it on!

And Sam shouldn't get with any one, infact, none of SG-1 should. It gets boring then. But SPF (Orlan) should come back. Or he should do more films.

Old Post 12-30-2001 09:53 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I wouldn't make KC mad, she is a Assass...uh, never mind.

Old Post 12-31-2001 02:58 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

Exclamation STOP RIGHT THERE!

Stop it right there. I have nothing against shippers. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The subject at hand, however is my fanfic and that I could do with a bit of assistance. I also mentioned that I disliked a certain piece of music, and as I said, I have nothing against shippers, I am simply not one. Could we please get back on topic. If you think you may be of assistance in the writing of my fanfic then email me, if not then stop complaining about shippers, or non-shippers flaming shippers. Please, help, or don't, just don't argue for pity's sake! Got it? Good. Chill.

Old Post 12-31-2001 02:26 PM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Do US Airforce regulations prohibit relations? I am not certain this is a "Thou shalt not" but more a "Thou shalt tread carefully" thing.

Old Post 12-31-2001 02:47 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Air Force regulation prohibit relationships within the chain of command. If Sam and Jack got together they'd be courtmartialed. A few years ago an Airforce pilot named Kelly Flynn was courtmartialed for having an affair with a married man. She was kicked out of the service, and I believe she may have done some jail time.

It's a real threat, their careers would be over and they could end up in jail. It wouldn't make Hammond look good either. However, most shipper ficcers seem to think that breaking these regulations is about at serious as a high school student staying out an hour past curfew.

Kaila, if you want a fic idea, how about having Jack get courtmartialed.

Old Post 12-31-2001 03:04 PM
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Was she the B52 pilot?

Old Post 12-31-2001 03:10 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Yes, I believe she was. Anyway, her inability to control her hormones led to an unholy mess, careers were ruined, the military ended up looking bad, etc. BTW, I'd have to believe that the standards of behavior would be much higher for people in a top secret facility, than some airbase in the Dakotas.

If it were Jack and Sam, you could probably multiply that by ten. Hammond would probably lose his command. Without Jack and Hammond to protect him, Teal'c would be hauled off to Area 51 for experimentation, and Daniel would be out on his keester. But, hey, that's all right, Sam and Jack are in love!

Now do you see why shippers irritate me? Just once, I'd like to see them address these issues, just once.

Old Post 12-31-2001 03:20 PM
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

You make a number of valid points, I think shipping is to be expected, but not on the show. There have been a few moments on the show, but true enough, the regulations forbid it, and if the writers ever decided on some "Oh, but it's alright cause Hammond et al will turn a blind eye" then you know its such a crap cop out.

Old Post 12-31-2001 03:30 PM
Mor

Re: STOP RIGHT THERE!

quote:
Originally posted by Kaila
Stop it right there. I have nothing against shippers. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The subject at hand, however is my fanfic and that I could do with a bit of assistance. I also mentioned that I disliked a certain piece of music, and as I said, I have nothing against shippers, I am simply not one. Could we please get back on topic. If you think you may be of assistance in the writing of my fanfic then email me, if not then stop complaining about shippers, or non-shippers flaming shippers. Please, help, or don't, just don't argue for pity's sake! Got it? Good. Chill.

Sorry Kaila...we did get off track...

Old Post 01-01-2002 11:29 PM
Mor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mor Click here to Send Mor a Private Message Find more posts by Mor Add Mor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

...Please stick on topic.. set up a shipper thread if you wish to discuss it

Old Post 01-02-2002 07:13 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote