Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > could use some motivation
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kaila
Humor me.

Cool could use some motivation

Hey peeps, author of 'down under' (1 and 2 - posted at heliopolis) here,

I'm a bit stuck with regards to part 3. If ne1 has read my fic and doesn't mind spoiling the surprise, i could use someone to beta-read and just give me a few tips. i've been lazy and could use the motivation of working with someone else. if u contribute a fair bit i'll put u'r name on the fanfic. it's just i need some encouragemant to get me to finish the series. so if ne1 wants to help me get back on track i'd appreciate it.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-17-2001 06:15 AM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

What ever you do, don't include any Sam/Jack romance!

Old Post 12-17-2001 08:34 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Amen. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for S/J. However, I could possibly see Daniel/Janet even though she is a few years older than he is.

Good luck with the motivation.

Old Post 12-24-2001 04:20 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I usually don't read any fic but what is yours about?

I might read it if it meets my standards.... J/K. Good luck with it though.

Old Post 12-24-2001 04:47 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Hye, normally i'd offer, but i've already had to turn down a few peeps of late.... the beta-list at Rec-a-thon might help... there's a link to it on Helio's mainpage

Old Post 12-24-2001 05:32 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

NOT HAPPENING! I reckon they do enough pandering to the shippers interests in the show, and that's basically what i'm going for. No 'Oh no, were going to die so let's declare our undying love for each other' bits. Nothing that would, were it in the show, have that most ( >insert conviently long and vituperative stream of invectives in english and german< ) nails-on-blackboard, piece of music that occurs whenever Sam and Jack have a 'moment', playing in the background. It's one of the reasons that I CANNOT watch point of view. Well, that and AU 'Samantha' annoys the hell outta me. Nothing shippery, just Jack being his usual, teasing self. Kick me, please, if you suspect I'm being shippery and I will appreciate the warning. On another note, I think Danny and the Doc would make a cute couple, which is entirely beside the point. There won't be shipper stuff in my fanfic if I can help it.

Old Post 12-24-2001 07:35 PM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

you know you guys are way to serios about this.you act like its a bloody disease...there is only one of me here. and the reason there are quite alot of shippers is cos that is what is intended by the people who write the storylines and scripts..its not like they dont want us to feel the way we do! so for godsakes take a chillpill..there are far more noromos then there are shippers!

oh and good luck on the fan fic(even though your last post was highly insulting)
and i would be happy to beta read for you!
AND PASS ON MY SHIPPER DISEASE MWAHAHAHAHAHA

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 12-28-2001 08:42 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

It is a disease and it must be eradicated! It must be contained and destroyed!

*whips out her handy AK-47*

Ohh, Puddy, get over here!

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-28-2001 06:36 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

*walks up to kc and punches him square in the nose*

kc:arghhhhhh
puddy: put down the gun kc!
kc: okay
puddy: here have a disease
kc: im a shipper .... i want sam and hammond to get it on!
puddy: wait a minute that cant be rite?!?!? docjan!!! have you been messing with my diseases again!

Old Post 12-29-2001 08:22 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mor

quote:
Originally posted by JoJo
Amen. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for S/J. However, I could possibly see Daniel/Janet even though she is a few years older than he is.

No No No!!!
JoJo how the hell can you be against S/J 'shipping' and then suggest a match between Janet and Daniel...that's such a contradiction...is there nothing sacred here? Whatever happened to compatability? Didn't you point the significance of that arguement to me in another thread? There's more likely to be an S/J emotional interaction than could ever be between J/D....I could even imagine Hathor and Hammond before that!!

However...having just said all that...Puddy is right...lets not take this too seriously lest we become caught up in the surrealism of it all and forget that it's only entertainment....and however each one of us defines the interpretation of 'that entertainment' ....IT is ultimately a personal preference within our respective minds.

Old Post 12-29-2001 06:10 PM
Mor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mor Click here to Send Mor a Private Message Find more posts by Mor Add Mor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

why am i right..i didnt get why i was right!
thankyou mor ...your now on my xmas card list!

Old Post 12-29-2001 08:22 PM
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Mor
JoJo how the hell can you be against S/J 'shipping' and then suggest a match between Janet and Daniel...that's such a contradiction...is there nothing sacred here?

How is it a contradiction? Daniel's not in the army, so he can do what he wants as regards a relationship. I'm kinda on that opinion, except I don't really mind either way... as long as it's not S/J.

And puddy btw, KC is FEMALE!!!

Old Post 12-29-2001 08:24 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mor

quote:
Originally posted by Venus

How is it a contradiction? Daniel's not in the army, so he can do what he wants as regards a relationship. I'm kinda on that opinion, except I don't really mind either way... as long as it's not S/J.

The 'contradiction' refers to the 'compatability' of characters and their projected personalities on the show. There are more sparks flying around between Sam and Jack per show than any other twosome. That's what makes it fun... we all know that because they are both in the military their relationship cannot be consumated...it's the biggest tease there is...it's what keeps some of the fans coming back for more....the 'Will they or won't they' factor....which is a catch-22 pull-in 'cause we know they can't. Hence the abundance of Fanfic around this subject...and Puddy is obviously one of many ardent fans of the 'Idea' that S/J just might happen.

So my argument to JoJo wasn't that D/Janet couldn't/shouldn't get together....but why support one pairing and not the other?

So let me throw this question out there...

What is wrong with S/J pairings in FanFic? Other than the obvious that they are not supposed to because of military regs....give me some real concrete reasons why you don't like to think about it!!

Old Post 12-30-2001 06:32 PM
Mor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mor Click here to Send Mor a Private Message Find more posts by Mor Add Mor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mor

quote:
Originally posted by puddykat
why am i right..i didnt get why i was right!
thankyou mor ...your now on my xmas card list!

Puddy...'you're right' because SG1 is just a television show and we shouldn't take things too seriously....it's supposed to be fun to watch, discuss and write about and to personally enjoy the characters in whatever format works for each of us...we're talking entertainment here folks....and in your case it's S/J...and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that so don't let them hassle you about being a shipper..we're all really shippers at heart... just supporting different combinations of characters

Old Post 12-30-2001 06:44 PM
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Mor
What is wrong with S/J pairings in FanFic? Other than the obvious that they are not supposed to because of military regs....give me some real concrete reasons why you don't like to think about it!!

Erm, Jack's not capable of a long term relationshp (I'm so gonna get flamed) I mean, he had a kid, and a wife, and well, neither of them lasted that long... (In the nicest possible way). And I'd rather see Sam get with someone else.

Old Post 12-30-2001 06:47 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote