Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Fan Fiction > Heliopolis
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Otis
Egyptaholic

Heliopolis

Anyone know what's going on with Heliopolis? Their message said they were on hiatus until the end of June. We're almost at the end of July and no updates. Help!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 07-29-2002 12:38 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Haven't heard a word. Yum and Gary <?> at stargatefan say that they don't know what's going on either.

you can get new gen fic at their site - it'll satisfy the addiciton.

Old Post 07-29-2002 04:27 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Not getting in there. Is is www.stargatefan.com? Thanks for the response!

Old Post 07-29-2002 05:00 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Yep, that's the spot. They were down for a while too, but have been posting since early June. Not nearly as many as helio - maybe 10 or 15 at a pop, but it's something.

Old Post 07-29-2002 06:13 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

Since Heliopolis is still down and Ive went thru everything there twice does anyone know a similar resource that is large with lots of stories?

Old Post 08-04-2002 08:27 PM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I dunno, Kristy, have you tried fanfiction.net?
haha

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-04-2002 08:53 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

bahaha fanfiction.net hehe Ill run right over there ;P

Old Post 08-04-2002 11:18 PM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

fanfiction.net. *laughs* the stories there (not nec. the SG-1 fandom, but others) are some of the worst CRAP i have EVER had to read... its so sad... and they USED to be good. which is the real shame...

Old Post 08-05-2002 03:23 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

I totally agree (ps dont ever read xf fan fic from there...its frightening...really it is)

Old Post 08-05-2002 06:29 PM
shiloh
Radix lecti

I agree, fanfiction net has major problems. Not only is the quality really variable (that's a nice way to say it), but you can't tell the completed stories from the in-progress; slash is not always adeuqately marked as such, and a lot of the inprogress stories never get finished. You can't sort by "finished" or "in progress" or by most categories - just ratings.

Kristy: try http://www.sg1hc.com for an archive of hurt/comfort fanfic.

Do you mean you've exhausted all of http://www.stargatefan.com ?

Belle's place: http://www.bellesplace.com for Danny whumping galore

JB, Corby and friends: http://www.bplus.ca/tablet

Home of the word-a-month and Doc's surgery: http://www.frondfic.com

The SG-1 fanfic awards are closed for voting, but you can still access the nomination lists and read a ton of good stories (and some terrible ones): http://followyourheart.org.uk/SG1Awards/

http://www.gatereview.net is a new site that is reviewing fanfic, and links to the stories themselves, a good though small place to start

that should keep you busy for 6 months or so!

Old Post 08-05-2002 06:35 PM
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!
fanfiction.net. *laughs* the stories there (not nec. the SG-1 fandom, but others) are some of the worst CRAP i have EVER had to read... its so sad... and they USED to be good. which is the real shame...

Why? Shipping?

Old Post 08-05-2002 07:45 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

No, just really crap. I can't use that site at all, no search function or anything is bloody annoying Plus I can't stand stories that are written in a million parts, each only half a page long (unless they're on mailing lists).

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 08-05-2002 08:15 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

yeah, crap quality, never completed, you can only go by random chapters, mostly, so its hard to follow one story.. cause there is no filtering, reviewing before they are uploaded (like fan-run sites do) then anyone can post anything there, really. It's hard to find good stuff. When a fan-verse starts up, its usually pretty good.. like SG-1 and Harry Potter were, but it quickly goes to crap

Old Post 08-05-2002 09:57 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakazi Casper
Plus I can't stand stories that are written in a million parts

and then not even finished!!

Old Post 08-05-2002 10:11 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

wow thanks a bunch for those links shiloh ill definetly check them out hehe im always on the lookout for new fic

Old Post 08-06-2002 12:36 AM