Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Ep 613 - Sight Unseen (spoilers)
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zweski

Ep 613 - Sight Unseen (spoilers)

Ok all us UK stargate obsessives that have sky one will have just seen the new stargate ep - Sight Unseen - but what did everyone think??

Spoiler:
I liked the way the bug things they have in this ep (they live in a parrellel dimension and this device they have lets people see it) - but anyway I like the way they were done, with being a mix between creepy and comic, and very colourful! I thought it was clever as well, the way that to be able to see them, was like a virus rather than the energy thing the machine gave off, it made a nice twist, especially with the renegade guy!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:55 PM
Zweski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zweski Click here to Send Zweski a Private Message Visit Zweski's homepage! Find more posts by Zweski Add Zweski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

My thoughts...

Spoiler:
The bugs were cool! And the renegade guy was a good choice of character, cos Jack can comfort him, cos they are like both soldiers... It works.

Glowy text?

Not glowy text? Dammit!

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:58 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zweski

hmm.. I pity the people who dont get it till january, not that I'm complaining - we have another ep before skyone cuts them off, but then we only miss three so...

anyway what was i gonna say..

Spoiler:
I loved the bit with the big 'mouth' slug like bug on the windscreen cos it was quite funny alternating betweeen the shots of jack, the van, the rengadey guy, and then the huge bug - ok so maybe my sense of humour is a bit off but hey!
I thought Jonas had some good character development in this epsiode, with the whole 'do we believe him, or is he crazy?' thing going on (reminded me of danny in legacy though)... and then carter apologising afterwards for not trusting him was sweet.
Oh and I loved the whole old woman/sam/jonas scene where they pretend to be a couple and when sam's saying, i wouldn't lie to you, jonas' face was a scream!
Their cover story was pathetic though...

Last edited by Zweski on 12-11-2002 at 08:08 PM

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:06 PM
Zweski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zweski Click here to Send Zweski a Private Message Visit Zweski's homepage! Find more posts by Zweski Add Zweski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Spoiler:
yes i also liked that bit (Sam and Jonas and old lady) and i agree: cover story, tres dull. And Sam apologising was weird. I gotta a major sense of deja vu. Has she had to do that with someone else before??

When do we get it cut off???

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:14 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zweski

we have one more ep next wednesday, then they cut it off for christmas day, new years, and the week after, the we get our beloved stargate back! Yey

Spoiler:
They had the whole machello's buggy things in daniel in legacy where they packed him off to a mental hospital cos he was seeing things - they had to apologise after that for not trusting him about teal'c and everything

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:19 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Spoiler:
yeah, but it wasn't like that kinda personal, cos they all did it. But i still can't shake off that deja vu... Maybe i saw it ages ago and it stuck, or maybe it's just me...

so after next week we have three weeks of no 'gate, then back on. Cool. But what about 'gate on at 6?

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:25 PM
Zweski

I have no idea what's happening to the 6pm ones - but I like the new sky mix channel cos we get yesterday's at 6 episode on at 7!

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:28 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

not got sky mix
boo!

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:37 PM
Zweski

do you have sky package or ntl/cable type thing cos its a new free channel on sky digital at least - no 107..

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:38 PM
Majson
The Quantum Leaper

i liked this ep, ok not a brilliant ep but a sit back and just chill out.

jonas seemed much more settled in his role in this ep than any other i've seen this season, really did feel complete. and his acting didnt seem forced, felt a lot more natural than it was say, 6 episodes earlier.

the only thing i'm not liking about this seasons character developments is teal'cs new found sense of humour, sure it's made me laugh but...it's such a drastic change compared to how teal'c used to be.

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:39 PM
Majson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majson Click here to Send Majson a Private Message Visit Majson's homepage! Find more posts by Majson Add Majson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zweski

Oh I love teal'c new sense of humour - the ben and jerry's in the unnatural selecion episode was great! And he has kinda been developing it slowly through the ages - he made a joke in an early ep - "undomesticated equines could not remove me".

and I agree, Jonas is getting more and more team-integrated type thing, and is accepted better

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:43 PM
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I think the whole Jonas's acting has progressed as he has slipped into his character. The same thing happened with the rest of them, but we didn't really notice because with Jonas we compare him to, say, Danny. But if you compare a recent eppy to an early eppy, you'll see the difference...

And Teal'cs humour is freaky deaky, though I did love the ice cream scene in unnatural selection!!!

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:50 PM
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

For freakin' hell, the title of the thread itself denotes "Spoiler" for the episode?no need for these damned spoiler boxes!

It looks silly. Almost as silly as a Gimli/Yoda strike team sent to clear the board of unneccessary spoiler boxes. I hope you're happy at what you've unleashed...

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:03 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Well, I'm sorry, but we do things differently round these parts, buster....

BTW, love the picture! Yoda KICKS ASS!!!

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:08 PM
imirish

spoilers

So, after smoke and mirrors, you will have to wait three weeks to see metamorphas?

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:20 PM
imirish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for imirish Find more posts by imirish Add imirish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote