Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > 604 Frozen: Synopsis (Spoilers)
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bellachikita

Thumbs up

Absolutely loved it...and of course being a sam/jack shipper loved the scene between sam and jack at the end and sam is wondering if the stuff janet is giving him is gonna hurt. Well of course it is.....duh!! But really loved it, but i think that jack only agreed to the tok'ra in the end cuz sam explained to him that the symbiote would leave him after he was cured. it was before she explained i think that he said 'over my dead body' hehe
the scene at the end was super eery.....hope they're not foreshadowing or anything. would be so sad. but i can't wait til the next eppy the one where they deal with him

Spoiler:
being taken by the goa'uld and tortured. might be a good shippy one.

Last edited by Jaffa, Kree! on 08-02-2002 at 03:14 AM

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-30-2002 11:21 PM
bellachikita is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bellachikita Click here to Send bellachikita a Private Message Find more posts by bellachikita Add bellachikita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angelique

quote:
Originally posted by Captn Carter
I don't have time to read it.. (work calls and all) so if someones already mentioned this, I apoligise in advance..

The new starting is cool, I always loved the little snippets of clips rather then that staute, but, I honestly reckon they woulda had Daniel in them... just like, for a second.
(you know.. like they had Mulder in the X-files...)
It's so sad! :bawl: (Daniel, not Mulder)

Yeah, but at least SG1 *mentions* Daniel once in a while, unlike all of S8 and S9 of XF. Why do the best shows keep losing the cutest guys??

And I too liked the new intro, but I don't like them changing it in the middle of the season. And I wouldn't have picked some of those clips, but oh well. Looks cool enough.

Old Post 07-01-2002 04:00 AM
Angelique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Angelique Click here to Send Angelique a Private Message Visit Angelique's homepage! Find more posts by Angelique Add Angelique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

Not too bad, the weakest of season 6 so far though. From what I had read I was expecting far more in the way of mythology, we got some but they seemed to skip over what could be really meaty, we are the Ancients and that humans go through evolutionary cycles. This has to be picked up again.

Old Post 07-01-2002 06:32 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I am conflicted over this episode. On the one hand it was the most in the way of mytharc/storyarc development that we've had in a long time. But I found it to be boring, and felt like I was watching some sort of twisted ER episode.
Sitting there watching Jack agree to the snake in his head, made me mad. Don't know why. He's always been adament he'd never have one...and now... blah. Just blah. I share the sentiments of everyone else who think it was out of character for O'Neill.

quote:
4. No protocol observed for the disease possibility? How obtuse.

So I wasn't the only one who saw that coming? They dig up this millions of years old lady and didn't think to observe quarantine procedure. I'm sitting there rolling my eyes, yelling at the screen. Double Blah!

Old Post 07-02-2002 05:42 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tiger

I like getting eps of the internet, but they are sooooo small its hard to recognize people. i didn't figure out it was Bruce harwood until near the end. maybe we'll see him again.

I liked the new beginning. Cool stuff to come. I don't think they can include pictures of Michael Shanks without his approval or a small fee associated with it. It also would be a bit unfair to CN as he has an uphill battle to gain acceptance on his own. I am still unsure about Jonas, I find him way too smilely sometimes. And sometimes kind of stupid and othertimes wat too smart. I am waiting to see how it all balances out.

I found it interesting Frozen babe never communicated in her own language or even made an attempt.

AS for Jack and the tok'ra snake -- he did agree in the end, or at least that's how I took it. He felt he had to help get the important info. While he has completely and totally stated he would never want a snake, the old saying of 'never say never' comes to mind.

Apparently Carter is an adept nurse. I found that amusing. Astro-physist, engineer, petty criminal (remember pickinglocks), nurse....
The list of talents just keeps expanding.

Teal'c needed more to do, but I guess this was more of a JOnas showcase. I did find he was a little too Daniel in terms of his approach to the situation and his views. However, they (the writers) have tried to ascert that Jonas and Daniel were very much alike from the beginning. I would still like to see some differences in approaches. For almost every line Jonas said, I could have seen Danial say the exact same thing.

It will be a long wait for the Abyss episode, I am curious about Jack and the Tok'ra snake.

Old Post 07-03-2002 12:06 PM
Tiger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tiger Click here to Send Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Add Tiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Falcon Horus

I liked Frozen, although I had expected a little more of it. Anyway my favorite Doc appeared more than enough so I was happy. And Jonas being the one to communicate with the girl is more than logic. It's he after all who replaces Daniel on the team as linguist.

Falcon Horus

HAMMOND: The US Air Force.

TEAL'C: In medical matters, Dr. Fraiser may overrule those of any rank.

O'NEILL: I'm not getting all my memos.

Old Post 07-07-2002 02:28 PM
Falcon Horus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon Horus Click here to Send Falcon Horus a Private Message Find more posts by Falcon Horus Add Falcon Horus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kmg

I'm apologizing in advance for being snippy here.

I don't think I would mind Jonas so much, but everyone is commenting how he has replaced Daniel. Yet, BW and JM have both commented how Jonas is not replacing Daniel. Odd that this is how everyone is interpreting it as though. Gee, wonder where we get that idea from?

Old Post 07-07-2002 05:05 PM
kmg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kmg Click here to Send kmg a Private Message Find more posts by kmg Add kmg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i really liked frozen especially the end when jack was naked under the sheet!!
did you see his chest muscles! yummy!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 07-07-2002 06:24 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bellachikita

definitely agree with puddykat...loved those chest muscles.

yummy, yummy!!

Old Post 07-08-2002 02:28 AM
bellachikita is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bellachikita Click here to Send bellachikita a Private Message Find more posts by bellachikita Add bellachikita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul C

I'll post my review here as this thread is still at the top.

Frozen (**1/2)

Frozen does something we haven't seen for quite a while, add something to the shows mythology. This area is something that has been largely lacking since the mid point of season 3 and it is good too see it back, even if the episode doesn't really go into any where near the amount of detail wanted by the viewer.

The mythology parts of the episode are large revelations yet seem to be played down quite a bit. A theory that humans were the Ancients are go through various cycles of evolution is a big thing yet is touched upon in only really one scene. I personally think it would have been better to have stuff being found for the last few months and then they found the body rather than just have the body appear out of the blue just as Sam is talking about how they have found nothing! Going back to the evolution theory and the Ancients. Daniel's evolution was mentioned here and I know it has been suggested a lot, Oma Desala's race are what the Ancients became. I think this evolution thread has made me now certain of that, its just a matter of time I think before the writers tell us what everyone has known for the past 2 years. Anyway, after about 20 minutes the mythology plot is completely dropped and we move onto a B movie style virus plot. This plot thread is there solely as a ploy to give O'Neill of Tok'ra symbiote at the end of the episode. The episode became rather tepid when they moved onto this area.

Jonas I am really coming to like. I enjoyed him again in this episode. He has been accused of doing a Daniel in this episode, but who else would be able to do it? If any one else had done it there would be complaints of it being out of character, Jonas was the perfect choice. It was also good to see Doc Frasier back, she is one of the best reoccurring characters on any of the shows I have seen, a great character and missed from the first 3 of this season. The character of Ayiana was also well though out and her interaction and chemistry with Jonas was good to see. If Ayiana is an Ancient it would appear they are kind people as she did nothing but want to help, never showing any signs of malice even though she had been defrosted and is in an alien environment. The three guest stars at the base were also decent and for once didn't come across as being stereotyped characters. I was disappointed however that Jacob didn't come for Jack, they could easily have filmed his scenes when he was doing 'Descent'. The Jack becoming a Tok'ra was certainly a twist, I run a website and post the spoilers and I had forgotten this one! So it was a surprise. I would agree with some of the other posts I have read though, did Jack actually nod his head, it certainly didn't convince me.

The episode sports the new season 6 intro sequence, it is a nice mix of syndication style titles and the temporary season 6 titles seen in Redemption to Descent. The music of the episode was also not bad, though poorer than that we have had for the first 3 episodes of the season. The X-Files style music was good but I hardly noticed any music after Ayiana was defrosted, thus I don't think it did its job. The episode answered one question from last season, the DHD found with the Antarctic gate ran out of power after a few uses (that is why they couldn't use it in '48 Hours'.) It was a rather odd thing not too see anything more than very basic quarantine measures taking place when they were with Ayiana, rather a blunder here by the writers, especially after other episodes have shown them take more care when dealing with this kind of thing.

Overall then Frozen is a half decent episode. It is at times slow and has no action, but that is fine with me as Stargate is about more than shooting Jaffa every week. The episode has some fantastic mythology but is spoiled by a poor second half, but it has a good twist ending that will bring people back for more. It is obviously an episode that is their solely to set up future plot threads and does some of it rather ham-handed, you expect more from Robert C. Cooper.

Read the full review, analysis etc... on my site.
http://www.theserpentslair.co.uk

Last edited by Paul C on 07-10-2002 at 08:22 PM

Old Post 07-10-2002 08:15 PM
Paul C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul C Click here to Send Paul C a Private Message Visit Paul C's homepage! Find more posts by Paul C Add Paul C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

Finally got to watch it...

...and loved it.

*As most will have figured: very little jack? no skin off my nose Did miss Teal'c however...
*As soon as de-frozen chick started to 'speak', immediately thought of The Fifth Element... glad to see i wasn't the only one.
*RH - ROTFLOL... damn straight! we were kicking that idea around years ago...
*Not sure how i feel about the Jack/Tok'ra deal.... I can see how he would accept it: yeah he slags them off all the time, but when you're near death, you get desperate.. and knowing that the Tok'ra symbiote has vital info - he's not THAT dumb that he couldn't see the military potential in that... plus all the other features: being able to use Goa'uld tech etc.. he'll be like a kid in a candy store...
*Jonas: love him. cant pinpoint why, exactly.. i just really like his role in this episode. dont give a crap if he's like Daniel... but then, he wasn't, really, IMO. He's human and smart, not human and 'oh my god we need to think of these creatures as having rights and everything must be a passionate debate about morals and yadda yadda *yawn*'.. Jonas is very analytical... He reminds me of me... He'll accept a piece of information, whether positive or moralistic.. or not.. based on evidence presented to him, and the justification given. he's not the kind of person to be a martyr or activist, both traits dominant in Daniel...
*The story line appealed to me.. Kind of 'outbreak'-ish with a bit of science and mythology thrown in, filmed as if it were the set of ER.
*bruce harwood. my geek idol. that was very very cool, tho it took a while for me to even notice him cause the image was so small.... he's either put on weight since TXF or he was wearing too many layers the beard!! he's kept the beard... *giggle*
*Pity she had to cark it in the end.. it was like Reece in... that.. episode... so much potential.. so much to learn.... at least it wasn't Jack that killed her
*JANET!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said. actually, not enough. excuse my dykish rambling for a moment.. BUT SHE TOUCHED HER BREAST!! rotflol... and Sam and Janet... they just work so fabulously togther!! how can anyone deny the chemistry?????
* following from that, i totally did not see the jack/sam shippyness at the end.. and was surprised to hear the 'love theme' playing.. i was like - wtf did i miss?? are they reading too much into this?? I mean, someone is dying, you're gonna get pretty ****ing emotional. I didn't see them bawling their eyes out like when they knew Daniel was gonna die.. *evil snicker*

so yeah.. really liked it. wish they'd covered a bit more of the mythology, but otherwise, i was definately edge of my seat in the first half, and still bouncy by the second... Looking forward to a season 6 marathon tomorrow!!

Old Post 08-02-2002 03:25 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I must be the only one but when watching this i did not know she was an Ancient Only when I read an article about it in TV Zone did I realise that she was an Ancient. Well, if she is an Acient and Anubis squahy looking face is his real face then he cannot be an Ancient. Unless the Ancients have evolved into Tar Men

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 08-14-2002 12:19 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Jaffa Kree wrote:

quote:
*JANET!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said. actually, not enough. excuse my dykish rambling for a moment.. BUT SHE TOUCHED HER BREAST!! rotflol... and Sam and Janet... they just work so fabulously togther!! how can anyone deny the chemistry?????

I've felt that since "Rites of Passage" (a.k.a. "Cassie Has Two Mommies")

quote:
* following from that, i totally did not see the jack/sam shippyness at the end.. and was surprised to hear the 'love theme' playing..

It's pretty sad when they have to play special music to make the audience aware that they're watching a "romantic" scene.

Last edited by JoJo on 08-14-2002 at 03:24 PM

Old Post 08-14-2002 03:06 PM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Well the romantic music is there to help create the scene. If it was "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead playing in the final romantic scenes of an episode you'ld be like "Wtf?" However, there should be a hint of Romanticism seen on screen. By the sounds of what Jaffa is describing there wasn't much of it going on.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 08-14-2002 06:34 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I've not read this thread through properly either, but this ep seemed a bit wierd. Was dissapointing that they didn't actually go further on the whole Jack symbiote thing, I'm not sure if he'd've been happy with it either, but surely he has huge (recent) knowledge of the Tok'ra now?

I agree with the ER thing, but ER is cool anyway, so that's nothing bad. I think the whole ep reminded me of some plot I'd seen before, but I can't remember what.

Also, it didn't even occur to me that she was an Ancient (just that she was really really old ) and did they ever explain why she was frozen? Though I suppose if I actually do bother read the entire thread through, it'll all be explained.

Old Post 09-30-2002 10:34 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote