Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Az'gard Physiology
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Az'gard Physiology

This is a splinter thread, the topic is whether the az'gard have multi chambered brains. IMHO if the az'gard were going to GM themselves i think they would have given themselves multi-chambered brains, that would make them much better at advanced mathematics and also increase the ability to learn. The physical evidence i have to support this is that Thor has a cranial ridge which if u follow it, leads into two partially separated lobes.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 12:32 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*NUKED* *
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

I haven't seen many of the Asgard episodes, but I've always wondered how they were able to walk easily on those thin legs. They appear to be adapted to a lower gravity than most Tau'ri worlds, and while Thor has held up in the eps I've seen so far, in Unnatural Selection he's in a chair.

What do y'all think?

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:14 AM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy
*NUKED* *
Charlie Carter
*NUKED* *
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

he walked in small victories when he cam through the gate. Seemed to manage well in earth's gravity then. Although a leetle slow

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:17 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*NUKED* *
Venus

Do we have multichambered brains? Are you talking about hemispheres and stuff? (Is that the word?? ) What 'lifeforms' do and don't have multichambered brains? And doesn't it depend on the form of tech the Asgard have? I mean, why don't they also program in a non-aging factor as well? (Think they might've, actually. )

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:11 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

I didn't think that we had layers to our brains...

Venus: I am also freezing cold... so very cold...

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-12-2002 07:02 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Spoilers for Season Five Episode Revelations included in this paragraph

Spoiler:
Good question Venus, we have a central brain cavity inside our skull, where as certain insects have more then one cavity, or to give a more visible example, the Ferengii on startrek have multi chambered brains, well if the az'gard have caused themselves to become incapable of reproduction it may also be possible that the reason that this happened is because they attempted to stop ageing.

Last edited by Indiana on 12-15-2002 at 10:52 AM

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:36 PM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*NUKED* *
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

quote:
Spoiler:
Good question Venus, we have a central brain cavity inside our skull, where as certain insects have more then one cavity, or to give a more visible example, the Ferengii on startrek have multi chambered brains, well if the az'gard have caused themselves to become incapable of reproduction it may also be possible that the reason that this happened is because they attempted to stop ageing.

A more visible example would be a creature that actually exists. I thought you were basing you multi-chamber thing on something real.

Thread credibility has just dropped several points.

Last edited by Lord ?okar on 12-16-2002 at 01:39 AM

Old Post 12-16-2002 01:13 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*NUKED* *
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Your post in no way contributes to the discussion
Sure it does. I'll ask it a differnt way:

Do you have any evidence of this phenomenon that is either from SG-1 or in real life?

Old Post 12-16-2002 06:06 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Man of less sorrow

Hmm, if want an example u do give an expample i can, has anyone seen deep blue sea? The movie where some nerds GM a shark, when they gm that shark they give it a multi chambered brain, not multiple brains, other wise it would be a collective organism and do i really need evidence to suggest something might exist?

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:37 AM