Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Coming up JAG's rear end...
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue Entity
Storm Chaser

Well that's good to hear... patience is a virtue... though not for much longer. And JK has a very valid point - why, oh why, in this Wiccan World are the episodes not aired as they should be:
start of season to end of season, stop for break between seasons.
It just helps... it just bloody helps!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annual Whinge Festival, 1st April 2002, London - UK
"All Brits Welcome"

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-21-2002 10:52 PM
Blue Entity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Entity Click here to Send Blue Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Entity Add Blue Entity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Shiloh, Sam K and a lot of American fans.

What he said. Yep - no downloads for me, and boy were the last 3 months hell on earth. Now if I'd had the option of downloading,..... well, not sure if I could have held out.

For me though the difference is that even if I had downloaded I would still have kept my Showtime subscription to there's no theft involved. And if the PTB at certain networks would get off their fannies and show this show, then we wouldn't be downloading, would we?

Old Post 03-21-2002 11:04 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

um.. yeah.. sorry about that.

QN - which series has more episodes to go: Heartbeat or JAG? I liked the line up of JAG>SG-1>Dark Angel they had a while back.. why cant they do that again

And why is JAG treated with so much more respect than SG-1? certainly, it cant be doing better than Stargate.. can it??

Old Post 03-22-2002 11:20 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa, Kree!
um.. yeah.. sorry about that.

QN - which series has more episodes to go: Heartbeat or JAG? I liked the line up of JAG>SG-1>Dark Angel they had a while back.. why cant they do that again

And why is JAG treated with so much more respect than SG-1? certainly, it cant be doing better than Stargate.. can it??

(Forgiven)

As to JAG... The ratings may be higher because it seems "law" and "lawyers" sells advertising minutes...

...Also, some people have trouble with story arcs that last more than an hour or two...

...Americans, at least, seem to have an instant gratification kick and can't handle long bouts of anticipation like many others.

(Personaly, I like the story within story thing, anticipation, and intertwining... er, plots.)

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Last edited by Deathbunny on 03-22-2002 at 11:56 PM

Old Post 03-22-2002 11:37 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i dont watch jag.. but there are loads of crossovers in fanfiction bout it!
whats more popular jag or stargate?

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 03-23-2002 07:03 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I don't watch JAG either ... Saw it on some tedious channel like UKGold or something, watched for a grand total of about 2.5 seconds, and it looked crap.

Old Post 03-23-2002 07:59 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Seen a few episodes...

...They seem to (at least in early seasons) "re-cycled" military footage clips from other sources... like, IIRC, Tom Clancy's "Hunt for Red October" and it caught the eye...

Oddly, the show reminds me of "Perry Mason" (my mother watched the re-runs everrrrrrry daaaaay) crossed with, I dunno', "A Few Good Men" and "Top Gun".

(Emphasis on Perry Mason)

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 03-23-2002 10:30 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Either way, know I'm not a mod etc etc, but if you have something totally irrelevanmt, and only directed at one person, can't you pm it fsol??

(To get back on topic) What is JAG even about, anyway? Is it scifi?

Old Post 03-23-2002 11:53 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by schrodinger
la la la

No... The context is what provoked the confusion.

Old Post 03-23-2002 11:54 AM
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

jag

its all about a group of armed forces lawyers that sort out the crimes that the armed forces commit its just like any other lawyer show yet its to do with military crimes not normal crimes.

e.g. a guy disobeyed an order which resulted in 2 people getting hurt. they have to either defend him or go against him.

on another note i did like that line up before jag 7:30 stargate sg-1 8:30 dark angel 9:30 and me still loving the x-files the lone gunman 10:30 and i would have to say that that was the best line up for the whole week.

they show half the session oh stargate then stop i'm thinking so that us being us will not stop watching it half way though the session so we will come back.

what i don't get is the show half the session the the first couple eps for the next session the the show reruns what is the point of that? there is none.

on a totally different point. you all should be proude of me look at this post its not 3 lines long

Old Post 03-24-2002 01:58 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Yes, chameleon, I'm excessively proud of you, write more replies this length, and we'll all ... I dunno, throw you a party.

quote:
Originally posted by chameleon
its all about a group of armed forces lawyers that sort out the crimes that the armed forces commit its just like any other lawyer show yet its to do with military crimes not normal crimes.

So, does it protray the army in a good light? Or like, good and bad people (so cliched) And I take it the episodes are stand alone, most of the time? So, it's just for people who are interesting in the army and .. law??

Old Post 03-24-2002 11:25 AM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
So, does it protray the army in a good light? Or like, good and bad people (so cliched) And I take it the episodes are stand alone, most of the time? So, it's just for people who are interesting in the army and .. law??

Actually, it's more Department of the Navy...

...In US parlance, Navy and Marine Corps...

...and the few I've seen tend to show the Department of the Navy as the proffessional force it is with the "bad seeds" all large organizations have.

The fascination, I believe, is:

1. The cast is cute/wholesome, etc.
2. It's able, because of the higher moral requirement and higher risk of military service, show certain types of situations (including some of those military oriented ones seen in the news from Bosnia, Korea, etc.) from a different perspective.
3. It can be sort of like watching a movie about a foriegn culture sometimes. (except the people speak the same language without accents)

Old Post 03-24-2002 01:14 PM
Venus

When was it made? I take it it's like ... stopped now?

Old Post 03-24-2002 01:23 PM
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
When was it made? I take it it's like ... stopped now?

I don't think so...

...A brief search found:

Paramount's JAG Page

CBS JAG Site

Navy JAG Site

No, wait, that last one's an official government site...

...Civilian info on what the real Navy JAG Office does is on the site though.

Old Post 03-24-2002 01:59 PM
Venus

lol, well, simply because of this thread, I might possibly watch it sometime ...

Old Post 03-24-2002 02:10 PM