Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > GURPS Stargate Worldbook
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

A "paper" based Stargate RPG...

OK, not paper really, but PDF.

Go here, and under downloads:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andyslack/index.htm

...is a Stargate Sourcebook for GURPS Lite...

...availible (Free) from here:

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/.

The sourcebook is good through the 5th season, looks quite playable (From my limited experience with GURPS and major experience with other RPG's) and shows a lot of attention to detail by someone who's both a Stargate fan and game player.

Look at it, try it, send the guy feedback...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:33 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sablemage

GURPS Stargate Worldbook

Hi! I've just joined in response to an email from Deathbunny about my (unofficial and unauthorised) Stargate role-playing file.

This has rules and background info for Stargate role-playing under GURPS Lite or Classic Traveller.

If anyone else is interested in a copy, you can find it in the downloads section of my website, currently at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andyslack/html/red.htm

SPOILER WARNING! The online file contains plot spoilers up to the end of season 5. I'm currently working on a season 6 upgrade.

There is also a group for GMs running Stargate campaigns which you can join by sending an email to:

[email protected]

Go on! It's been a bit quiet lately, we could use some input.

"This has been a public service announcement, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming."

Andy

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:34 PM
Sablemage is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sablemage Click here to Send Sablemage a Private Message Visit Sablemage's homepage! Find more posts by Sablemage Add Sablemage to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sablemage

Stargate RPG

I posted links to the latest version and the discussion group under a new general thread ("GURPS Stargate Worldbook") tonight. I'm working on a season 6 update, but here in the UK we have only got as far as "Unnatural Selection".

Andy

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:39 PM
Sablemage is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sablemage Click here to Send Sablemage a Private Message Visit Sablemage's homepage! Find more posts by Sablemage Add Sablemage to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Hey I've just merged your threads together, since they were about the same thing.

Old Post 12-10-2002 07:35 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Thank you Goa'uld... I may be going blind... senile... or...

What was I saying?

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

Old Post 12-10-2002 08:04 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

taht you were going to send me all your money in the post.

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:01 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wingless Flyer

What is this GURP thing then? I am confused as to what it actually is..

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:24 PM
Wingless Flyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingless Flyer Click here to Send Wingless Flyer a Private Message Find more posts by Wingless Flyer Add Wingless Flyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

GURP? WTF? What the heck is GURP? A cross between a burp and a goat?

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:33 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

OK...

GURPS is an acronymn for "Generic Universal Role-Playing System".

Basically, it's a simple basic role playing game you can add specific rules to to play other "genres".

Sort of "modular" in design.

For example, there are several Magic systems for it.

The Spec Ops supplement covers special operation troops, their creation, some scenarios for them, equipment, etc.

The Cyberpunk supplement covers intra and inter-computer combat and cybernetics.

You can also get different "Worldbooks" for it that cover the specifics for that "World", like this Stargate Worldbook.

The nicest part of all of it, is that once you learn the core set of rules, you can hop genres easily (even taking the same character sometimes...)

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:22 PM
Wingless Flyer

Ah, so it is the basis of a word RPG (They probably have a special name) for a group to setup to their requirements and run? Must be very useful

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:31 PM
Wingless Flyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingless Flyer Click here to Send Wingless Flyer a Private Message Find more posts by Wingless Flyer Add Wingless Flyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Carter
1/2 of the Teen Brigade!

Oooh, technical...

Bovine Revolutionary No. 23 || Gater || Serious Manic || Amateur Agony Aunt || Love child of Legolas and Venus

Old Post 12-11-2002 08:58 PM
Charlie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Carter Click here to Send Charlie Carter a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie Carter Add Charlie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote