Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > P90 surpressors
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bikemancs
See you in January

"your" P90 or the set up you want if you had one?

DB thanks for the info...the only things is with the MP5s is that the MP5SD should be mentioned.

The MP5SD is a standard MP5 but instead of a standard barrel the entire barrel has been replaced with a silencer. This is very effective design but, of course, bullet loads do have to be factored in. Many Spec Ops units use MP5SDs when first entering an area under stealth but, as with the SG teams, many will pull out a non-silenced-or detach their silencer-when a firefight breaks out...

As an interesting fact: silencers were used in WWII but often overheated during firing.

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-03-2002 02:58 PM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveB

Just that, my P90. I do a sport called Airsoft which uses Replica weapons which fire small 6mm pellets or BB's. But this is using them in an actual orgasied game and these are the real deal full auto firing.

Not those cheap nasty "springers" you see little kids using and making the news.

Old Post 12-03-2002 03:09 PM
DaveB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DaveB Click here to Send DaveB a Private Message Visit DaveB's homepage! Find more posts by DaveB Add DaveB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

Its so hard to descern Airsoft from legit stuff these days...isn't there uspposed to be a red colored tip on your barrel?

BTW I do paintball and am starting Airsoft.my friend does a ton of Airsoft so I know the stuff just didn't recognize that weapon as Airsoft...

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

Old Post 12-03-2002 05:14 PM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Suppressor Trivia:

Hiram Maxim, inventor of the WWI-era Maxim gun and the Vickers derivitave, had the initial patent for the "can"-type sound suppressor...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 12-03-2002 05:20 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

You know DB, I;m never going to be able to out do you in these interesting facts... oh well, there's always current army lingo

Old Post 12-03-2002 06:17 PM
DaveB

Nearly right

quote:
Originally posted by bikemancs
Its so hard to descern Airsoft from legit stuff these days...isn't there uspposed to be a red colored tip on your barrel?

Nearly right mate. In the USA i think there is law that states you have to have a bright coloured barrel. I'm based in the UK and there is no such law. As long as we use them in proper organised games away from the public eye that is fine. However, if you start walking around a busy town centre with one of these things.... you can be certain the police won't be too pleased! I have six airsoft replicas in total and when they aren't being used they are kept under lock and key.

Old Post 12-05-2002 11:28 AM
DaveB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DaveB Click here to Send DaveB a Private Message Visit DaveB's homepage! Find more posts by DaveB Add DaveB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

Ok, that makes sense that it is a US thing since guns are so *rare* here.

I am thinking of organizing a Scenario game..if I can get your guy's input. What you liked about scenario games...what worked well..what didn't...what you would put in your ideal scenario...? anyhting and everything...no matter how menial or detailed it is...send it to me...

[email protected]
Or AIM: Bikemancs

Thanks guys I really appreceate it.

Old Post 12-07-2002 04:32 PM
HerbieZ

Actually P-90's are one of the most quietest non-silenced machineguns around in terms of micro-decibles. What SG-1 really needs are some chainguns. YUM

Old Post 12-07-2002 10:06 PM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveB

bikemancs, i've just sent you a mail with some details and the mail of the guy who does the scripted games.

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:03 PM
bikemancs
See you in January

big 10-4 I got it

Old Post 12-09-2002 02:46 PM
DaveB

Good good! He's good at repling so you should get all the info you need asap. Your more than welcome to bring yourself and your team to our site.... That's if you happen to just pop over to England! We have a nice selection of Rental guns. But no P90 rental guns... (i tried to convince them to get some!)

We are actually trying to come up with a script for a Stargate based game.... any ideas will be welcome from anyone. So far we have a survival game... The SG team have 30 minutes to defend themselves from attack while trying to atticvate the stargate.....

Old Post 12-09-2002 02:59 PM