Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > gouald ships
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
alex8472
dead and loving it

gouald ships

what is the best ship
gliders
alkesh
or
hatak
ive seen an alkesh take down a mothership and a glider taske down a alkesh
so which is the best

and why is a hatak called a mothership
there are far too many
most races who have motherships have one or two
not hundreds!!!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-12-2002 12:34 PM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

well im would say the big mother ship , except that ine seen them get damaged so easily every time we have seen them in control of SG-1. i think that i would say the glider is my favorite

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-12-2002 01:11 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikemancs
See you in January

I'd go with a glider....no wait strike that, I want an F-18 Hornet. Yeah, that;s the ariel vehicle of choice for me... unless we start talking about helos...probably a blackhawk in that case

I will see you next year because that's when I'll be back on. have a merry christmas a Happy New Year and a good holiday for those of you for whom the above does not apply.

ANUBIS you still have to send me your pic!!!!!!! :angry:

Old Post 11-12-2002 05:00 PM
bikemancs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bikemancs Click here to Send bikemancs a Private Message Visit bikemancs's homepage! Find more posts by bikemancs Add bikemancs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

I want a real death glider on remote control

that would be sweet

so I can be up on my hattak and shoot my enemies with a remote hhee

Old Post 11-12-2002 07:22 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

Entaori Guilds Limited DA.7 space superiority fighter of the Unified Protectorate of Avilion (the UPA). The "Dragonhawk", as it is known, was originally designed and built by space pirates of the Free Crescent as a counter the formidable Death Glider used by the Sezh'rai Mastership of the Goa'uld Empire.

Used in their deep-space privateering raids against the Goa'uld expeditionary force sent to conquer the Aion Miruos star system (the Avilion system), the pirate guilds of the Free Crescent eventually managed to join up with the beleaguered militia forces of the ice-bound colony of Hylock, where then the Entaori Guilds set up shop and began mass-producing an improved version of the pirate fighter. The ranks of the pirate squadrons were then incorporated with the surviving elements of various Avilion starfleets, as well as the Hylock militia, to create the armed forces for the fledgling Unified Protectorate that was formed to defend Hylock, with the hope to see a day to the eventual liberation of Avilion from Goa'uld occupation.

It is somewhat ironic that the Dragonhawks, the deadliest fighter ever created by "bloodthirsty pirates", were never actually used to commit criminal acts against the Avilion peoples, but rather designed expressly to save them.

The DA.7 model sports a planar-transverse repulsor drive for propulsion, two linked PrX-44 "Falx" high impulse mag-shear plasma pulse cannons, and eight hardpoints for external weapons.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 11-13-2002 at 03:23 AM

Old Post 11-12-2002 08:35 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

huh? and i'd kill for a hat'tak with glider bays!

Old Post 11-12-2002 08:40 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

quote:
Originally posted by dr.taz
huh?

Lean in real close, and I'll let you in on a secret: the ships on the show suck!!! Spaceborne combat is hardly Stargate's strong point, so the only place you'll possibly find worthy alternatives would be in fanfic.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-12-2002 08:56 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I wouldn't necessarily pick out one to be the "best." Each ship is its own class and serves its own specific function.

Deathgliders are interceptors, snub fighters, and can serve to soften up a targeted planet or clean it up.

An alkesh is larger, with more firepower, and is used to inflict more damage and is able to carry invading armies of Jaffa.

The hatak is the mother and carries the big guns. It is multipurpose, kind of like an aircraft carrier. It is capable of making its own attack as well as the carrier for smaller, more versatile craft.

If I had a FAVORITE, I would have to say an alkesh because it's got a nice amount of firepower, plenty of cargo room, and it's much more manueverable than the hatak.

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 11-12-2002 08:59 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

hey the goa', ... the asgard ships... uh. actually yeah Rhydderich. The ships do kinda suck. but then if they had better ships, most of the action would be in them and we wouldn't get to see our fave team in action so it all works out in the end!

Old Post 11-12-2002 09:13 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

yeah

then it would be like startrek

Old Post 11-12-2002 09:43 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Or...

It would be like Space: Above and Beyond

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 11-12-2002 09:46 PM
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

I want a DEATH GLIDER with a pink bow on the stick!!!

Yeeeehawww!!! That would be better than riding broncs!

Old Post 11-13-2002 05:53 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

with a pink bow, lmao, very funny Duke

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-13-2002 06:00 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

I would say the Death Glider purely because it looks good.

Rhydderch Hael: did that info come from a book? Or did you make it up. Cause its pretty cool

Old Post 11-13-2002 06:56 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

no, a death glider with a 'zats don't kill people, i do' bumper sticker

Old Post 11-13-2002 09:32 AM