Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Been to a con?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Question Been to a con?

Anyone here been to a ocn? And what does one do at a con? It seems to me that the Stars step onto a stage and peeps just sit in a chair watching them. Either that or I am missing something.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-04-2001 02:43 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

well, i haven't been to a con but i've read about a Buffy con in a magazine.

They basicily said that there are talks and stuff, and parties. But then that's a Buffy con and not a Gate con, so there could be differences.

ash

Old Post 11-04-2001 08:40 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Apparently there are signings, Q and A sessions, dealers trading.... and stuff. I don't know but it sounds kewl to me

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:01 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I always got the impression it was good fun. The actors do talks and stuff which are funny, and the audience participate (ask questions). Also, there are cocktail parties and stuff, and the actors might sit at diff tables with diff people and so on... Course, I've never been to one, and never will, but that's how I imagine it...

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:07 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

i was gonna go to SG-3, but i knew i wouldn't have my full driving licenese by then... maybe SG-5... but by the time that comes round SG-1'll be finished, won't it?

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:09 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

At Gatecon they had skits too, in front of the actors. A mate of mine went and she was telling me about it. They do auctions for stuff too sometimes....
Poor Venus... I never thought I would go either

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:09 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

I don't mind not going. My dad would never let me, and I'd probably never have the nerve to approach the actors. I don't mind looking at photos anyway, it's all the same to me.

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:29 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Ur 17 man. He'll let you go.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:52 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Don't count on it. I asked him tonight, and he said no. Besides, I'd want to go with someone I know (off the net) and none of my friends are that into SG to wanna go.

Old Post 11-04-2001 09:56 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Hmm...am too tired to make a decent response.

Old Post 11-04-2001 10:19 PM
ColJ
Jack O'Neill's De-briefer

Talking

I went to gatecon this yr. I enjoyed it. The actors, writers ,directors, producers , stunt ppl and whomever else decides to go, all sit on stage and we got to ask them questions. This goes on for 3 days, all day. They have a cocktail party, a banquet and a costume contest as well as an auction which the actors attend. There are also photo and autograph sessions with the actors and there's a merchandise room and an art room. Don Davis showed some of his art this yr. He likes to draw naked women If you go to gatecon, you get to take bus tours of Vancouver to see some of the locations they used on the show , also 42 ppl got a tour of the studio. Vancouver is absolutely beautiful.

Old Post 11-05-2001 04:34 AM
ColJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColJ Click here to Send ColJ a Private Message Find more posts by ColJ Add ColJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Old Post 11-05-2001 04:59 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

wow, i think i know that guy....

re: conventions - yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. apart from the actual convention organised stuff, it's a cool way to meet new people with the same kinda interests, hang out and have fun

Old Post 11-05-2001 11:39 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xst

Smile ColJ!!!

Hi, ColJ,

You were at Gatecon and didn't tell me, looked me up or had a beer/tea/coffee with me!!!!! Aw, shucks! I like meeting fellow Gaters. An interesting bunch of people. Did you stay at the Best Western Hotel? Did you visit Vancouver before and after the con. Did you get anything at the auction? Did you get autographs and photos?????

Just being nosy.....

Last year I met up with maxlynx, mingo, mac, neith, lems and few more. This year I got to spend some time with sjshortea, skydiver, and a few fanfic writers. It was very cool! And I met people who post on ascifi.com.

Although I loved the con, I also loved meeting the other fans!

Old Post 11-06-2001 08:21 AM
xst is offline Click Here to See the Profile for xst Click here to Send xst a Private Message Find more posts by xst Add xst to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

I havent been to a con as such. I went to a memorabelia thing at the NEC a few years ago. There was loads of things on sale and it was for any type of sci fi.
There were some guests signing autographs though.
Ray Park was there (Darth Maul)- he was charging something like 30 pounds for his autograph.

The man who played Marcus on Babylon 5 was there. He gave me a gorgeous smile and a wave whilst I looked particullarly dumb and starstruck with him.

There were other people there too but I cant really remember who.

Soooo...I am really excited about going to SG-4 in February. It will be my first real con. I will try to act all mature and confident when I see the stars there ( most likely I will be all shy and starstruck)!!

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Old Post 11-06-2001 03:32 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote