Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > "JACK" and "SAM"
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

yep but bunny off world its jacks job to keep order and i dont think jack would give a stuff what they called him

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 04-24-2002 10:43 PM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Out of earshot of either his seniors or other juniors, especially enlisted personnel, it's his call as the senior guy.

Otherwise, it gives an unprofessional appearance...

Note: Teal'c and Daniel, being civilians and not in charge of anyone don't really figure into this.

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 04-24-2002 11:52 PM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RDA Fan
*NUKED* *
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

yeap but then teal'c does call jack col O'Neill or O'neill i guess as a sign of respect. I liked window od op as well. The funniest bit was when Jack is saying that he never wants to eat fruit loops again and tea'l says that he too must go through pain or something. . then theres a flash and teal'c gets smasked in the head with the door the airman says sorry and teal'c says that he will not be as forgiving next time .
(i add all that info for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and can't ask wtf? )

Old Post 04-25-2002 11:37 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

nugs rite season 4 was my fav and the shippiest! season 2 was the least shippiest in my opinion..well actually season 5

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 04-25-2002 04:56 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Season 5 was a major butt pain in regards to shipdom. After the enhancing effects of Season 4, Season 5 turned into the "oh, do I know you phase?". This hit in regards to Sam and Jack, but also in regards to Sam and the other characters. It was like they came back from hiatus and said, "Let's pick on Sam this season". Great examples are 2001(I think that's it) where she's falling through the wormhole and hurts shoulders and collarbone. The guys just ignore her. Another example is Desperate Measures where she's kidnapped and they don't even know it for 2 days.
They built up the UST so much in Season 4 that to just drop it in Season 5 was unfair to the fans. They might have at least given some lame excuse.
I should also mention that when a relationship is "forbidden" such as with superior and junior officers, priests and women (as in the Thorn Birds, although this is an "in poor taste" example due to recent US Catholic developments), boss and subordinate, it appeals to something in our nature that says, "Forget the power and control angle, go for the love"!
But, cheers, based on some of the interviews I've read recently, shippiness may be coming back!

Last edited by Otis on 04-25-2002 at 05:11 PM

Old Post 04-25-2002 05:07 PM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
*NUKED* *
Otis
*NUKED* *
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

i think we have quite a few shippers here! lets name em' all so i know how many!

The shipper revoloution is coming you just dont know when or where!

November 24th gaters! Puddy turns 16!!

Old Post 04-25-2002 07:39 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoJo
Sam/McKay Shipper

Here's an excerpt from Corin Nemec's interview with Xpose Magazine:

quote:
What I'm really enjoying is the way the writers have created the relationship between Jonas and Carter. They had to make one of the team open up to Jonas a bit quicker than the rest and that role has fallen to her. It's quite nice and a lot of fun because there's a little bit of playfulness there that I think is going to be interesting for the audience. . . . . so it's definitely going to be interesting for them to see how Jonas and Carter relate to each other."

". . . . [Sam Carter romantically involved with Jonas] but I think some people will probably assume something of that nature."

There may be shippiness in S6, but I get a distinct feeling it won't be Sam/Jack, especially since RDA apparently won't be in every episode.

Old Post 04-26-2002 02:55 AM
JoJo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoJo Click here to Send JoJo a Private Message Visit JoJo's homepage! Find more posts by JoJo Add JoJo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

whaaaa??? RDA wont be in every episode?

S/J S/J how can we tell the difference in fanfic?

Old Post 04-26-2002 03:25 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

Oh, well... That makes Jonas a "short-timer"...

"Truth requires no belief and Belief requires no truth."

"Our actions support our beliefs, but without our beliefs, we have no justification for our actions." - J. Wheeler

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." -From "The Tao of Pooh"

You too can be *NUKED*! Ask me How!

Old Post 04-26-2002 03:27 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Well iread some were that if it was up to one of the writers jack will quit the sgc and get married to sam. I'll see if i can find it some were.

Old Post 04-26-2002 04:14 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay

Jack is going to quit the SGC and marry Carter?
Really?
Well, I guess it would please some people.

I think Otis was right in that season 5 didn't fit in with what you had learnt from Season 4. Regardless of whether you actually want Carter and Jack together, it didn't make any sense for them suddenly to be acting like they couldn't care less about each other. Although I had read that in D&C when they decide to leave "it" in the room, that was meant to signal the end of the Jack/Carter storyline.
Don't know about you guys, but I SO did not get that from the scene.

Old Post 04-26-2002 08:07 AM
Jay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Click here to Send Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Jay Add Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

oh i hope that doesnt happen the s/j thing. its wrong wrong wrong i tell you. at least until the movie so it would give the shippers a reason to watch it.

Old Post 04-26-2002 12:28 PM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote