Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Jonas
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Andrea-T
Chocaholic

Jonas

Ok- Ive seen Jonas in 5 episodes so far here in the uk and me and my housemate think that he is great!!!

Don't get me wrong- he will never 'replace' Daniel ( I cried like a big baby when he left ) but he seems funny and sweet.

I loved the bit in Redemption part two when he 'crossed' his fingers to General Hammond and his underwater stuff in Descent was cool.

Anyway Its Abyss tonight so I get to see Jonas and of course the return of DANIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does everyone else think of him now???

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-23-2002 03:14 PM
Andrea-T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andrea-T Click here to Send Andrea-T a Private Message Find more posts by Andrea-T Add Andrea-T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

You might wanna watch spoilers. And there's probably a million threads about him already But yeah, I love him, I like that they haven't tried to make him replace Daniel, but actually made him a different character.

Old Post 10-23-2002 03:44 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I agree, I'm fine with him. I just wish TPTB would develop his character more.

Old Post 10-23-2002 04:11 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

I think he's funnier than Daniel

but not on purpose. Its because he's new to the whole thing so everything he does is kinda funny

like when he asks " how do you know what color to wear"

Old Post 10-23-2002 05:04 PM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

He seems like an interesting character so far. Hopefully he will become a character who can do everything that Daniel did, only in a different way.

I especially like it in "The Other Guys" when the SL's first prime says "Iam not familiar with you......" to Jonas and O'Neill says, "He's new." Great line

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 10-23-2002 11:58 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

You know what..... I LOVE Corin Nemec, but I HATE Jonas Quinn. How's that???

I still can't stand the fact that Daniel is gone!!!

ERIN

Old Post 10-24-2002 12:32 AM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I hate Daniel, he was getting worse and worse, but the end took it all away "*moan* *blubber* i couldn't save the chicks, my WHOLE ENTIRE life has been a failure!! *groan* *cry*"
sorry, but that just hit a nerve. Jonas is funny, nice, pleasent, enthusiastic etc. I really like him!!!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 10-24-2002 02:21 AM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok-ra Cyax
Wheres the peanut butter?

Jonas is great!

I like how he thinks the weather forecast is "magic"

But I dont think the team gives him a chance.

"I am trying to kick the flour thing."

Old Post 10-24-2002 03:14 AM
Tok-ra Cyax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok-ra Cyax Click here to Send Tok-ra Cyax a Private Message Find more posts by Tok-ra Cyax Add Tok-ra Cyax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Genes

*Another Jonas fan joins the ranks proudly*

In the first few scenes he was in during Redemption, it felt like the writers were trying too hard to prep. him for Daniel's place on the team (not replacing Daniel!). The coffee, the 'quick-study', the now knowing everything Daniel did etc. But then he asked to be on SG-1 and it all changed.

He wasn't accepted, he was left with cold responses and Jack barely exchanging 2 words with him that weren't laboured. The fact that he kept comin' back for more was character building and by the end of it, I was pissed at Jack for not giving him a chance and at Jonas for accepting their attitude with a smile.

The boy's good in my book .

Blue Genes' Blog

Old Post 10-24-2002 07:56 PM
Blue Genes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Genes Click here to Send Blue Genes a Private Message Visit Blue Genes's homepage! Find more posts by Blue Genes Add Blue Genes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

Agreed. I like Jonas - I think he will do well, considering he'll only be here for a season

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 10-24-2002 08:50 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Horus
It's Major now

Yeah Jonas is pretty cool, he has this innocence that cracks me up.

But Daniel was really, really cool and it is good to see him in Abyss.

Old Post 10-25-2002 10:46 PM
Horus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Horus Click here to Send Horus a Private Message Find more posts by Horus Add Horus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok-ra Cyax

We have yet to see him in heavy combat.

I am talking about the episodes where there is no hope and they are like 1 second away from dying. Yeah sure he can run around a corner with a zat.

But what about decision time?

He`s good. Lets just see how much better he can get.

Old Post 10-26-2002 04:04 AM
Tok-ra Cyax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tok-ra Cyax Click here to Send Tok-ra Cyax a Private Message Find more posts by Tok-ra Cyax Add Tok-ra Cyax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Genes

Isn't it that 'decision time' that Jonas was so down about? He was upset cause he was okay when he had time to think about things and come up with a plan, but that 'heat of the moment stuff', he was scared of messing up for the team.

It was 'decision time' that led to him running off in the downed Goa'uld mothership to act in the heat of the moment and save his team. Think heavy combat'll be a sinch .

Blue Genes' Blog

Old Post 10-27-2002 11:52 AM
Blue Genes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Genes Click here to Send Blue Genes a Private Message Visit Blue Genes's homepage! Find more posts by Blue Genes Add Blue Genes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tok-ra Cyax

Blue Genes,

Good point .

Old Post 10-27-2002 08:03 PM
Jaffa, Kree!

Yes, Descent (sp?) was a prime example of that - but its hardly 'heavy combat'. there were no enemies there but a fookload of water and a time limit. Quick thinking is running in front of a bus to save some kids who has tripped. Combat is being surrounded and outnumbered 10 to 1, all your team mates fallen and.. hey yeah, throw in a time limit, and THEN see what his 'quick thinking' is like....

Old Post 10-28-2002 02:32 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote