Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Stargate turning into Star Trek???
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Some other teams job or something.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-07-2002 07:51 AM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

if they do have the x-303 featured more prominantly in the spin-off than the stargate, then it really wouldn't be stargate now would it

the reason sam and jonas knew how to fly the ship was cos they helped design it, plus sam's a pilot in the USAF and look who made the ship? jonas read's. a lot.

Old Post 12-07-2002 01:10 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Queen Lou
I'm singing in the rain..

quote:
Originally posted by Erishian42
i thought i read somewhere that an up-and-coming episode that they actually DO FINISH it and a Colonel and major are in the ship traveling the galaxy.
Joe Mallozzi (sp?) said in an online chat today that it wasn't likely to happen and that he didn't want to see it turn into Star Trek.

*waves* hi any real sg people out there, and AT

Old Post 12-08-2002 01:08 AM
Queen Lou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Queen Lou Click here to Send Queen Lou a Private Message Find more posts by Queen Lou Add Queen Lou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_.:?nubis:._
Man of less sorrow

Location: Apologising to all the members who i called idiots.

Retracting first statement in thread.

Last edited by _.:?nubis:._ on 12-16-2002 at 03:11 AM

Old Post 12-08-2002 01:37 AM
_.:?nubis:._ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _.:?nubis:._ Click here to Send _.:?nubis:._ a Private Message Visit _.:?nubis:._'s homepage! Find more posts by _.:?nubis:._ Add _.:?nubis:._ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

Well every Sci-fi program has gotta have ships in it (u gotta admit, the space battles in stargate are pretty spectacular) and they do make for a good show. But at least our Ha'taks and Death Gliders don't stand still when they are fighting unlike Star Trek ships (who's captains don't seem to realise that moving the ship is the best tactic around). But star trek still is pretty cool tho

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:25 AM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

but the cool thing about STARGATE is it's US GOING THROUGH the Stargate with them............we don't have SHIPS!!

Old Post 12-08-2002 09:55 AM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

quote:
Originally posted by HerbieZ
Well every Sci-fi program has gotta have ships in it (u gotta admit, the space battles in stargate are pretty spectacular) and they do make for a good show. But at least our Ha'taks and Death Gliders don't stand still when they are fighting unlike Star Trek ships (who's captains don't seem to realise that moving the ship is the best tactic around). But star trek still is pretty cool tho

Yeah, thats right they stand still just like in all those DS9 eppies wheras weve never seen pyramids just sit and been pounded to hell, infact we always see dog fights with pyramids... did I mention ?

(by the way, what I say is absolutely true im afraid)

Old Post 12-08-2002 10:05 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

1. if Brad Wright is working on the Spin-Off then there;s a good chance og it starting it off well. Remember kiddies, Brad Wright writes the best episodes of Stargate, the ones we all like, the ones that still keep an original premise to it and are what we call good.

2. I was waching Stargate's Unatural Selection and my sister pointed out that to her it was like Star Wars I can handle it being similar to Star Wars in that the original movie was more like Star Wars. Star Wars in that you have cool pantomime villains and that there's a decent Mythology invlved and that there's lots of guns fighting and diving all over the joint, unlike the wooden stuff we see in Star Trek.

3. Remember kiddies, there has always been ships in Stargate. How did Ra get to Abydos? On a BMF Pyramid Ship.

4. If you knew that the enemy had Ships then would you not want to build BMF ships to try and defend your planet, or just pray that you'll be able to upload a computer virus into the mothership?

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-08-2002 11:11 AM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i just want to say that of course we're all gonna say that the ship scenes were like star trak cos star trek is the biggest and most known reference in the media of intersteller space travel. We never complained when past episodes took place in a ship that sg-1 were piloting when they were similar too, it's only when it's a human ship that really makes us think trek.

Old Post 12-08-2002 12:33 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Well, its human, and it also looks human, wheras most of the bridges of the alien ships weve seen thus far have been crap.

Old Post 12-08-2002 03:02 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

What do you mean Crap? The Hataks and all those things? You think they're crap? Why? Is it because they're not like Star Trek, but are like the Stargate movie?

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-08-2002 07:05 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

No, its because they have big marble thrones and lino floors with marble effect.
A big empty space and a badly made gold table with glowing plastic pieces with which to control the vessel, and a triangular window to look out of.

Old Post 12-08-2002 07:54 PM
MPH

Well the ship is going to appear in a upcoming episode, but its not going to be used all the time, just for planetary defence.

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:20 AM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
No, its because they have big marble thrones and lino floors with marble effect.
A big empty space and a badly made gold table with glowing plastic pieces with which to control the vessel, and a triangular window to look out of.

And torches. Lotsa flaming torches. Didn't the Goa'uld intercept any of our news reports on Apollo 1?

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 12-09-2002 12:32 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerbieZ

quote:
Originally posted by president doc

it's called minamilist, and they probably got a styler in to do it. Besides, most of the controls are hidden by secret panals and all that.

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:26 AM
HerbieZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerbieZ Click here to Send HerbieZ a Private Message Visit HerbieZ's homepage! Find more posts by HerbieZ Add HerbieZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote