Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Schedules and Air Dates > Need US viewers input
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shiloh
Radix lecti

Need US viewers input

I need some feedback from my fellow yanks on this board (all 10 of you...)

Every blessed week I've had a transmission interruption during either Farscape, Stargate, or both. During Allegiance it happened during the 9pm airing, and the picture greyed out during the scene were

Spoiler:
they found the first tok'ra dead -- it went dark as the camera approached the body, and cleared up in time to see O'Neill's reaction

This could be one of 3 things - my local cable broadcasters, AT&T Bloodsuckers; it could be the SciFi Channel's west coast satellite transmission cutting out, or it could be SciFi's total handling of the show. Only by hearing from those of you in other time zones can I nail down just who is going to get the blistering letter from me.

Please let me know what time zone you're in and if it happened to you (and whether you watched the 9pm or the 11pm airing). I suspect it's my cable company, but I need to be sure.

Please let me know - thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 08-10-2002 05:28 AM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

Shiloh-
I'm in Central Time, and I watched both the 8pm and 10pm (here) shows. I did not notice any blackout, fading, or any other interrupted transmission.
I think it IS your cable company....
Damn dirty bastards...

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 08-11-2002 12:07 AM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

I didn't notice any fades either, I saw it 9:00 EST.

Old Post 08-11-2002 08:17 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis
Egyptaholic

Shiloh, I taped both eps-- east and west coast feeds and had no outages on either. I'd look at your local cable.

Old Post 08-12-2002 04:32 AM
Otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Click here to Send Otis a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Add Otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Thanks, that nails it!!! ATT Bloodsuckers are getting one nasty letter from me --- and LOL, they're up for renewal of their cable franchise, so my city council is getting included in the blister letter too. They're going to need asbestos gloves to open the envelope.

Old Post 08-12-2002 04:28 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

I also saw no blackout that I remember.

Old Post 08-12-2002 07:24 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kristy
Go suck a lemon

I did not see any blackout or fading during either viewing of the episode.

Old Post 08-12-2002 08:57 PM
Kristy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kristy Click here to Send Kristy a Private Message Visit Kristy's homepage! Find more posts by Kristy Add Kristy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pcgrafix

Cool

I had no problems in Chicago I also have AT&T They are to busy screwing my internet connection to worry about messin with the TV

Old Post 09-01-2002 10:58 PM
pcgrafix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pcgrafix Click here to Send pcgrafix a Private Message Visit pcgrafix's homepage! Find more posts by pcgrafix Add pcgrafix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ArcChaser
flightless water fowl

Shiloh,

I occasionally had problems w/ loss of audio when the show was on Showtime. I have a satellite and it would happen during both the east and west coast feeds. I never figured out if it was Dish or Sho. Probably a little of both. I don't recall any problems since the swich to Sci-Fi, but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Old Post 09-01-2002 11:58 PM
ArcChaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ArcChaser Click here to Send ArcChaser a Private Message Find more posts by ArcChaser Add ArcChaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

Thanks, all. Sent the blister letters out on a Monday, and gee guess what -- *no* problems during the following Friday's Prometheus or that night's Farscape. Coincidence? I think *not*.

Old Post 09-03-2002 09:28 PM
Mac6yver
Ur fate is in my hands...

Shiloh, where do you live? I live in Ohio and have Time Warner cable. I get this fade in and out thing on Sci-Fi. Its weird, its only the Sci-Fi channel. My friends get it too. They say it comes in crappy for them and they live on the other side of town. But heres the weird part, my bed room TV gets it perfect, but when I try to watch on my Big Screen it comes in terrible.

Old Post 11-03-2002 05:01 PM
Mac6yver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac6yver Click here to Send Mac6yver a Private Message Find more posts by Mac6yver Add Mac6yver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

I live in Maryland. I watch the Monday Stargates, the Friday Stargate and the Sat/Sun Stargate at either 6pm Sat, 9pm Sat, or 5pm Sun (I think). I saw no blackouts or failures either. (This is all on Sci-Fi on Adelphia, BTW).

Although the video quality leaves something to be desired.....

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 11-03-2002 11:02 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

yea i watch the same as TheOneKEA and i never saw anything,and im in VA

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-04-2002 01:30 PM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I'm in LA on ATT Bloodsucker Cable.

The problem was happening during the season 6 epis naturally, those were the ones I'm taping - so far it hasn't happened during the repeats.

(Sorry ya'all lost on Saturday Jaffa -- well, maybe not since my team moved into the top ten - though probably not for long ...)

Old Post 11-05-2002 04:35 PM
Jaffa
U all go squish now!

what u dissing the Hookies, thats it ur dead

Albert Einstein

Old Post 11-13-2002 04:17 AM
Jaffa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa Click here to Send Jaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa Add Jaffa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote