Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Moderator Forum > going off topic
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

going off topic

okay, things are still getting out of control - they've had their warnings, i think it's time to do something about it. I suggest that we start deleting off topic posts within a thread, or just locking down the thread completely. even posts that are going on about going off topic. If we lock down the threads, if people want to talk about the same thing again, it doesn't take much to start up a new thread.

is this too harsh, or do you think it's neccesary?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-11-2001 02:43 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mac
eeeeevil herbivore

Doesn't sound harsh to me...there's a whole forum for off-topic crap we don't need five others.

Old Post 11-11-2001 11:15 AM
Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mac Click here to Send Mac a Private Message Find more posts by Mac Add Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

No, not harsh at all.

I haven't been around lately because there has been WAY too much of that crap going on. I'm back now though, because i realised it wasn't the attitude I should have as a moderator, I still have been lurking for Off Topic posts in the General Forum though.

Threads that stray off topic annoy me a lot... and yes, something needs to be done about it.

Old Post 11-12-2001 03:51 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

So what are we gonna do. Move the threads, close them, warn them first....or even split the threads? vbulletin has that function doesn't it? I think what goes for one forum should go for all...

Old Post 11-13-2001 01:22 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

oh oops, i posted something the general forum before i read your post..

go back and read it, tell me what you think, what else i can say/change.

Old Post 11-13-2001 02:59 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

I agree in general with what you said.
What are the rest of you gonna do about the threads that are already OT though...just lock them? *fuzzles brow*

Old Post 11-13-2001 09:58 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote