Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > RPG Systems
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aeges

RPG Systems

Hello -
New guy here, just wanting to jump in and ask a general question. If I am off base on this just redirect me to another place.

I am a moderate fan (certainly not a fanatic/expert) of Stargate. I am also an avid gamer and use a number of different gaming systems. I was looking for some ideas as to what gaming systems would work best with the Stargate scenario, and what special changes would be necessary.

Please provide any thoughts you may have.
Thanks in advance.
Thom

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-26-2001 05:41 PM
Aeges is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aeges Find more posts by Aeges Add Aeges to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Well, I know nothing about RPG's, or very little, anyway, but I have two things to say anyway;
1) Huh, I thought by your username that you were female.
2)You don't have to be an expert on Stargate to post here...

OK, and 3)Someone'll be along shortly to answer your Q's...

Old Post 12-26-2001 06:02 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

play by email would work best but ask ash when he gets here he DID run one (then cut it of suddenly leaving me and my comrads out in the open and struggeling to find a good RPG)

good one ash(i wonder if he has a yellow rodent following him)

Old Post 12-26-2001 09:30 PM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aeges

Venus -
Sorry, but I missed your male/female comment based upon the name Aeges. Aeges was just a name of a male character from a PBEM D&D game which I tend to use as a pseudonym on boards.

As to the expert and wait for more help comments - Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I did not come across with a topic that did not belong on the list.

Death -
Thanks for your reference to Ash - I will wait and see what further responses I get.

Thom

Old Post 12-27-2001 01:52 AM
Aeges is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aeges Find more posts by Aeges Add Aeges to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

As soon as Ash sees the letters RPG together, he should storm here. Maybe

Old Post 12-27-2001 01:55 AM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Ash ran an RPG?

Old Post 12-27-2001 11:13 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Yeah, but he closed it down. Or is repairing it or something. Someone should really pm him, but seeing as I don't know anything about RPG's it had better be one of you lot.

Old Post 12-27-2001 11:25 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

I'll speak to him when he comes on MSN

Old Post 12-27-2001 11:50 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Ash Man

*sees the letters RPG together and storms on in*

yeah, i ran an RPG, but closed it down due to real life thingy-ma-bobbys.

there are a number of RPGs out there... all PBEM (although there's probably others... but i only play PBEM).

PBEM (Play by e-mail) is IMO the best way to do it... but it could probably be done via other ways.

try out:

SGC TaskForce
RDASU Gateroom

there are others, but those are the two i play, and the only two in my favourites folder.

ash

Old Post 12-27-2001 04:17 PM
The Ash Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Ash Man Click here to Send The Ash Man a Private Message Find more posts by The Ash Man Add The Ash Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

*browses links posted by ash*

Hrm

*raises eyebrow*

Looks interesting, but doubt I would have the ability to commit for any period of time.

Old Post 12-27-2001 04:27 PM
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

they are good fun and you will engoy them give it a go

Old Post 12-27-2001 11:10 PM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aeges

OK, so it sounds like PBEM free form role playing is the way previous games have been played. I was curious about system comparisons like: d20, Rolemaster, d6, GURPS, Saga or other rules sets.

It seems like those who do rpg are just using free-form text in a PBEM environment, which means the game master determines the results of actions and dice rolls, cards, and combat rules are not used.

Thanks for the input.

Thom

Old Post 01-02-2002 07:40 PM