Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Moderator Forum > RH to General Forum?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaffa, Kree!

RH to General Forum?

Part of the deal with RH being a mod was the he'd be filling in for oFFaL/Mac.. think he'd be able to help out in the general forum aswell? that needs a closer eye on it than off topic does (as near as i can tell), or at least, Goa'uld, can you start editing threads/deleting posts that are just stupid CRAP?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 03-20-2002 12:14 PM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I do...

Old Post 03-20-2002 06:35 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Well not so much edit/delete as promoting the good threads to in-depth discussion, and demoting the off-topic threads to off-topic forum.
I don't edit something unless someone is being exceptionaly nasty.

Old Post 03-20-2002 06:42 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

well, yeah, but.. it's the posts WITHIN those threads.. moving them is no good if they are still full of pointless stuff. demoting them to offtopic when they started out as something on topic defeat the purpose.. *shrug*

Old Post 03-21-2002 10:45 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

jeezus man! i just read your post in the general forum about how you moderate.. fark, i wasn't saying you didn't do a good job, but it's a huge forum, thought you might need another hand, but hey, if you've got all the time in the world to deal with it, then go ahead. i'm talking about the 'i love RDA' stuff.. (as an example!!) you know what i mean. Or kids coming on to each other,. or farking whatever it is. Stuff that would otherwise be spam, or is just plain annoying, and has no place in the general forum (not the threads, the posts). You said you'd leave that stuff. Well in the off topic forum, sure, do that. Yeah, maybe i have a difference idea of what is 'spam' or 'off topic' but i get the urge to delete stuff from there quite often.

I am a 'delete post' type mod, and the others on the board wouldn't *know* that i've actually been there, so i'm kinda miffed that they think you're the only person doing anything (well, apartfrom offal), but hey, i'll deal. Just dont think i was trying to make it an issue, or to start a fight or whatever. I was just asking what you/the others thought of putting RH on general forum detail aswell.

Old Post 03-21-2002 11:03 AM