Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > General Forum > Are u a closet stargate fan ?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

I love stargate and amn't afraid to admit it

the only person who calls me silly cos i like sci-fi is my boyfriend but i on't care cos he's an idiot anyway

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-17-2002 09:30 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KMInfinity
Nereid

I've been known to ramble on and on in a bar about how great SF literature is (read my sig), and l-o-v-e to get into arguments with people who dis Stargate in particular and SF in general. I usually win those arguments. It helps that I have a masters degree in English Lit, and 24 credits JUST in Shakespearean courses. No one dares claim I'm watching crap with those credentials. I just challenge someone to recite by heart the first 10 lines of Hamlet's suicide soliloquy, or the Preamble to the US Constitution, or the first 18 lines of the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales, or a stanza of some classic poem, and they usually are ready to concede that SF is great literature and a fantastic topic for other media. Of course, they may also call me a nerd, but I revel in that.

What's remarkable about science fiction is that it's literature at its best. It doesn't exist because high schools require students to read it, or because grants are given out for it.... or because colleges have embedded it in their curriculum. It exists because it speaks to people. James Morrow

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:03 PM
KMInfinity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KMInfinity Click here to Send KMInfinity a Private Message Find more posts by KMInfinity Add KMInfinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

The one thing that i hate is when a person says that its bad to liek stargate and that your strange but they think nothing of the people that paint their houses their sports team colours and go on and on about it fly all over the world to watch matchs....

Old Post 12-17-2002 11:33 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trucker

Is i not the done thing to be both a Trekker and a Gater round here? *g* Oops.

Way I see it, if you act like its summut to be embarrassed about, people laugh. If you act like it lights the bulbs on your christmas tree, people tend to think its not that bad.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:04 AM
Trucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trucker Click here to Send Trucker a Private Message Visit Trucker's homepage! Find more posts by Trucker Add Trucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

Yea i can relate to everything you guys have said !

My friend aren't big sci-fi fans at all but they accept me for what i am. Since i know they dont like staragte and the x-files and all the other i dont discuss it with them.

I totally agree with you sam ........ i wish i had someone to obsess with .

Yea some sci-fi fans are sooo strange....... i dont mean to be cruel but those obsessed trekkies can really scare me !

Old Post 12-18-2002 07:57 AM
maryam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maryam Click here to Send maryam a Private Message Find more posts by maryam Add maryam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I'm never usually asked if i liked Stargate. However, it was kind of obvious to my whole TV class I liked it when i had to a presentation on Sci-Fi with Stargate as a focu. I used a lot of things I had heard from The people who make the show to help me, but it was fun to say it all. In the end i got to show the class the opening scene from Abyss ( Winks to Doc) and it was good. There were two or three people in my class who I knew liked it, but I discovered another person who liked it. He turned to me and said "I actually quite like Stargate". If someone says they don't like it then I just don't talk about it.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 12-18-2002 09:16 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Yu

I never talk about it but people know I love the show

Noone will survive the wrath of Lord ﻷu!

Old Post 12-19-2002 09:29 AM
Lord Yu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Yu Click here to Send Lord Yu a Private Message Visit Lord Yu's homepage! Find more posts by Lord Yu Add Lord Yu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Most of my closest friends know I watch it, and I've converted most of them too.

Others, if it comes up in conversation, I'll say I do, but I don't go out of my way to point it out. Then I'd have to reveal that I watch soaps and Fame Academy and Pop Rivals as well.

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:18 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I am an outright obsessed Sg-1 fan who makes it VERY known. probly half the people at my school know about it, and i say it twenty million times a day whenever there is a silence, you can count on me to pipe up. "i like Stargate" i say that more than i say the word "a"
like I said, i make it VERY known and proud of it!

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-19-2002 10:02 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

I can truthfully say that i am a bonafied Stargate fan. Anyone who says not can shuv it where it fits.

Old Post 12-19-2002 11:20 PM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

loud and proud. Though my friends give me a lot of shit about it, they still ask me for episodes when i get them.. bahahah

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:00 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorCarter
Major Samantha Carter SG1

I would just like to say that not all Trekkie's are obsessed crazies. I am in fact a Trekkie, but not crazy. I really like science fiction.

I never really told anyone that I was a science fiction lover. I only told my closest friends. But over the past year I've told more peoples that I like Stargate, Voyager, etc and it feels good! I was afraid to tell people before because they considered them 'freaks' or 'nerds'. Don't worry, since then I've straightened them out.

Hey, a question fro everybody: When did you guys start liking Stargate? When the series first aired? When the movie was released?
The first ep of Stargate I saw was Window of Oppertunity. As soon as I saw that (and loved it) I started to watch it and since then been a huge fan. My dad downloaded the entire series of Stargate before then so I watched them day and night to get up-to-date.

DANIEL (stepping forward): Err?I do.
O?NEILL: Bad example.

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:45 AM
MajorCarter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorCarter Click here to Send MajorCarter a Private Message Find more posts by MajorCarter Add MajorCarter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I am a closet fan. Never talk about it to alot of my friends (only some of them). But then again people around here would rather watch the documentary about sheep intestinal tract infections than LOTR so I know that if i'm watching something they don't like that i've got something good.

Last edited by Lord ?okar on 12-20-2002 at 01:52 AM

Old Post 12-20-2002 01:50 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryam
*Cosmic Girl *

I saw the pilot episode in 1998 and i was hooked.
Ive seen nearly every episode since season 1.
I was a bit of a closet fan a few years ago but im now over what people think about being a fan of sci-fi.
I know that not all trekkies are strange......... just SOME !

Old Post 12-20-2002 07:01 AM
maryam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maryam Click here to Send maryam a Private Message Find more posts by maryam Add maryam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tupat
Fruit Loop

Got over any shyness about being a Sci Fi fan long ago I will tell anyone who asks, although I still get strange looks etc from some people (the same ones who spend all day talking about pop idol or big brother etc as a rule which I can't see the attraction but to each his own.) but won't go into any great detail unless they are interested. As for Stargate it just sort of sneaked up on me when chan 4 started showing two epi back to back sunday tea time, before I knew it I was finding myself in video stores randomly purchasing vast ammounts of tapes until I had the entire collection(and an angry bank manager but thats another story)

Old Post 12-20-2002 07:20 AM
Tupat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tupat Click here to Send Tupat a Private Message Find more posts by Tupat Add Tupat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote