Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Ep 613 - Sight Unseen (spoilers)
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I enjoyed this one also. For some reason it reminded me of Foothold in Season three. Like Majson said, nothing too amazing, but not too bad that ur wondering when it will end. In fact, pretty good for a Base episode.

The good thing about it was that it was one that kept you thinking. You were thinking to yourself what these creatures, who seemed to be straight from "Evolution", actually were. When it was discovered what they were you could see how they belonged slightly to the Star Trek world, but the way it was handled was done well. I guess this low budget base episode was done in light of the recent biggie episodes that we previously saw.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:38 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

Didn't see the episode tonight as utd where on ITV2 but thanks to Sky Mix I will be able to see it tommorow.

Old Post 12-11-2002 09:39 PM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vern
ADSL Pirate

I liked this eppy, the bugs looked like soemthing from Half-life. They touched on a real-life issue of gulf war syndrome, something that sets stargate apart from shows like Trek.
Most important , it had a character with the same rare name as mine, how could i not like it

Old Post 12-11-2002 10:31 PM
Vern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vern Click here to Send Vern a Private Message Visit Vern's homepage! Find more posts by Vern Add Vern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nug
Melon

Meh. I don't love it, I don't hate it.
Have a question though. How can those bugs crawl on the tables etc if they're in another dimension? They can go through walls but crawl on tables and suck on windscreens. It's crystal skull all over again
The Alf joke at the end needs some work

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:03 AM
nug is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nug Click here to Send nug a Private Message Find more posts by nug Add nug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad

the ep wasnt too bad. not the best but not the worst. And whoever's idea it was to replace the theme song in the opening credits with the tune of Gummi Bears. I laughed so hard at that

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:51 AM
Mad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Click here to Send Mad a Private Message Find more posts by Mad Add Mad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erishian42
BLUE JELL-O

Location: USA!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I'm the biggest gater in NEW ENGLAND!

just finished watching the episode...

SPOILERS..
ok..................I LOVED THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, I'm kind of sad that Carter took YELLOW JELL-O this time. Kind of strange. Does anyone know WHY??!?!?! Or what happened to the blue jell-o? Also, i loved the Carter and Jonas "nice enough couple" thing!!!!!!!! Even though I'm waaaaaaaay against Carter/Jonas ship. But i thought that scene was soooooooo funny. AND TEAL'C!!!!!! Oh my word is he getting a sense of humor!!! i love it!!!!!!!! Overall........great episode i give it a 8 out of 10.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:16 AM
Erishian42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Erishian42 Click here to Send Erishian42 a Private Message Find more posts by Erishian42 Add Erishian42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

i loved the bit where the plane vernen was hiding in was called anderson

I thought teal'c's humor was great. he was definatly the best point about the ep

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:34 AM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

It was an ok episode except, My God, you'd think they' learn! Oh yeah, Jonas is seeing things just after he touched that weird, alien device. Just a coincidence my ass All of the 'not-believing-Jonas' bit, was what made it jut a medicore episode. I mean come on! After years of strange things happening at the SGC they still believe there could be coincidences of that sort?

Also, when Sam apologised for not believing Jonas, did she just forget that not to long ago nobody believed her about Orlin? Or that Daniel is hardly ever believed about anything?

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 12-12-2002 02:23 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majson
The Quantum Leaper

still dont like the teal'c sense of humour, seems very forced. some of it works well and fits in with the teal'c we know..such as the "fishing" bit, but other than that the new found sarcasm is...not funny..more annoying.

Old Post 12-12-2002 05:21 PM
Majson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majson Click here to Send Majson a Private Message Visit Majson's homepage! Find more posts by Majson Add Majson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr.taz
Apple Sauce Bitch!

but you gotta love the way he acted all proud at it

Old Post 12-12-2002 07:12 PM
dr.taz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr.taz Click here to Send dr.taz a Private Message Visit dr.taz's homepage! Find more posts by dr.taz Add dr.taz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rithmah
Got Vespa?

Location: On the potak taking a shitak in the peltak with Selmak on Delmak

I'm all about the crazy granny thing.

You know, I have a grandmother very similar to that, and I found that whole scene hilarious!

I have a Vespa and two cats!

Old Post 12-12-2002 08:53 PM
Rithmah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rithmah Click here to Send Rithmah a Private Message Find more posts by Rithmah Add Rithmah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MajorSam
The Bad Girl

I really loved this ep!!!!!

The Granny was GREAT, how she thought that Sam and Jonas were a cute couple, and Sam went along, I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! now if only it had been Jack, then it would have been the BEST THING EVER!!! i almost cried when Sam said no to Jack and fishing again, and i almost did when she took THE BLOODY YELLOW JELLO!!!!! *SOB SOB SOB* that physically hurts, i swear! Teal'c telling Jonas to be glad about not fishing was indeed most humerous, and it was just all good

BSF
HRADP!!!

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:24 PM
MajorSam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MajorSam Click here to Send MajorSam a Private Message Find more posts by MajorSam Add MajorSam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

I laughed when Sam and Jonas were holding hands....Due to teh look on sas face.......I do believe that this is the first time i have seen Sam in an ciliven skirt.

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:40 PM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missile
i said peanuts

ohhh no we have seen sam in a skirt in, Right Of Passage i think??

this epp was soo cool with the multi couloured aliens and LOVED that sam/jonas bit i was like OMFG with a big grin on my face.

i liked Jonas very much in this episode he seems relaxed and helped to solve the problem when he pulled out the crystal.

i loved it when Jack says someone from stargate command came to shake their hand, funny stuff

good jonas episode 8.5/10

Old Post 12-13-2002 12:33 PM
missile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missile Click here to Send missile a Private Message Find more posts by missile Add missile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam
Supergirl

'The wind was most pleasant'

I'm actually liking Teal'c's new found sense of humour, gives poor Chris Judge somethin' to do apart from raising his eyebrow and looking stern.

And I have to agree with whoever it was who said Jonas' role was far more natural and complete in this ep. He felt much more like a member of the team, rather than just the new guy.

blog

Old Post 12-13-2002 04:50 PM
Sam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Click here to Send Sam a Private Message Visit Sam's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Add Sam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote