Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Off-word wormhole
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Barry
A big honking space gun!

Off-word wormhole

Do you die when you enter it from the off-world?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-22-2001 07:05 PM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

Matter cannot travel the 'wrong-way', only electromagnetic waves like radio, tv signals... so yes....

As in.... Prisoners I think...

Old Post 10-22-2001 07:06 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

The guys in Prisoner's will killed in the kawoosh. But what would happen after the kawoosh? Would you just bounce off like a force field? Or would you go in and then die?

Old Post 10-22-2001 07:14 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

I think all your atoms get ripped apart... but don't quote me I'm no Sam LOL

Old Post 10-22-2001 07:17 PM
Skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skip Click here to Send Skip a Private Message Visit Skip's homepage! Find more posts by Skip Add Skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

That happened in 100 days. The MALP fell back into the wormhole. Don't know excatly what happened to it but there wasn't any sign of it when Teal'c went through.

Old Post 10-22-2001 09:16 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skip
VAE VICTIS

SPOILER RED SKY
If you go the right way and don't get turned back into what you were you stay as elements and get thrown out wherever you were in the wormhole.... so stepping back your atoms just get thrown into the disk and splattered? Could be... the wormhole picked up things on the way in this eppy too.... which I don't know how it's possible and I don't think Sam did either.
I think the 'clay on the wheel' when you go too fast analogy is appropriate
Spoiler ends

Old Post 10-22-2001 09:24 PM
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

I think that red sky was a bit of a messed up episode with regards to wormhole Physics. Just look at the way they talk about shutting down the gate and then look how quickly the gate shuts down in other episodes yet the team does not die before the other side.

Old Post 10-22-2001 09:45 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StephSuperMom

Possible Spoilers for season 3

Does anyone remember "New Ground"? I think that when the gate opened that one guy touched the "event horizon" and nothing happend to him then. and he was on the wrong side.

Also in " Shades of Grey" when Jack got everyone to go thru the gate to keep the Asgard from taking them. He was standing with his arm in the gate to keep it open. Now he could have just left his arm in the gate, right? But I thought Id bring it up anyway.

By the was I miss the Spoiler thingys in the "Post reply" as well as the spell check (didnt use it much but still liked it)

I'm not getting all my memos. -- Jack

Old Post 10-23-2001 02:57 AM
StephSuperMom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StephSuperMom Click here to Send StephSuperMom a Private Message Find more posts by StephSuperMom Add StephSuperMom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

I don't think you go through the actual wormhole if you enter the gate from the receiving side.
You just stay in that blue stuff.

Old Post 10-23-2001 07:56 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

okay one question
what happens when you walk round the back of an open stargate and walk through it that way??

Old Post 10-23-2001 01:11 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Locutus
of Borg

I don't even bother trying to work through the wormhole 'physics' anymore. They change the other 'rules' to suit the story anyway, so it's kinda pointless trying to work out what might happen.

If it was based on current scientific theory it'd be a different story, of course.

Old Post 10-23-2001 04:13 PM
Locutus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Locutus Click here to Send Locutus a Private Message Find more posts by Locutus Add Locutus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
If it was based on current scientific theory it'd be a different story, of course.

I thought it was, kinda... ?

Old Post 10-24-2001 09:10 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Yeah they sorta change it to suit their story needs.
Bahzteds.

Old Post 10-24-2001 09:23 PM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

lol. Love the spelling, I'm gonna haveta nick that...

Old Post 10-24-2001 09:59 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

how the hell does a wormhole know where on a plenet a stargate is.. is it just drawn to it or somin!

Old Post 10-25-2001 09:09 AM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote