Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Jaffa in the movie.
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deathbunny
"Mostly Harmless."

quote:
Originally posted by Goa`uld

That is a very important thing to note too.
He didn't come to Abydos to pick a fight, he may not have brought a real army.
Remember, there were only a handful of Horus Guards.

Maybe Anubis was a Jaffa.. he was stronger, and you couldn't see his stomach.
He was the only one that put up a decent fight.

Maybe it was also after a Stalinesque purge...y'know, kill off all those that present a real threat...like a deputy or First Prime that knows too much...

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 10-22-2001 01:40 AM
Deathbunny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbunny Click here to Send Deathbunny a Private Message Visit Deathbunny's homepage! Find more posts by Deathbunny Add Deathbunny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oFFaL
You Spam - You Die

I'm sorry for posting OT in this thread... because I hate it myself and enjoy having a bit of a ramble about it however...

Does anyone else think of the part from Galaxy Quest where they are at the convention and these geeks come up and ramble on about "in episode 203 they said that thingo does this blah blah blah" and picked it all apart and had ago at them then one of the actors goes "It's a TV SHOW! Get a LIFE!"

Ahhhh I think about that all the time when reading some of these discussions

Old Post 10-22-2001 05:12 AM
oFFaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oFFaL Click here to Send oFFaL a Private Message Visit oFFaL's homepage! Find more posts by oFFaL Add oFFaL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

lol!

Old Post 10-22-2001 06:09 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

The concept of a goauld wasnt even developed in the movie, its a vehicle for the show, developed specifically for it, the movies major point was the gate, series is goauld, hence blah blah blah.
(hence the devlopment of hosts, snakes, pouches etc.)

you could overlook it by saying that Ra had a different breed of jaffa, ones with new and improved hidden pouches, or they, well, they could give birth to the symbiontes rather than just yank em out.... ''sigh''
better get that image out of my head! They could just be humans, whos to say what structure Ra would have used in his empire!

Old Post 10-22-2001 03:37 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StephSuperMom

Also (maybe to agree with doc -- kinda) Ra had a bunch of little kids protecting him in the movie and I have yet to see a Goa'uld in the show use one.

quote:
Originally posted by Indiana
in the embarkation room

Ya know this was mentioned in 2010 and they disputed the fact that it was called the embarkation room, BUT in season 1 they call it the "embarkation room" Ill have to go backand look which ep if you want.

I'm not getting all my memos. -- Jack

Old Post 10-23-2001 03:19 AM
StephSuperMom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StephSuperMom Click here to Send StephSuperMom a Private Message Find more posts by StephSuperMom Add StephSuperMom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

what i wanna know is how come when a goa'uld gets pissed and its eyes flash... how come it dont come out of there ears????
oh yeah and was'nt anubis a goa'uld in the movie like... osiris is to the new one???

Old Post 10-23-2001 01:26 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

aww..lol, i remember you asked this in back in the old place... well, the goauld is basically attached to the brain, and the eyes, are the only visible part of the brain..(i bet ya didnt know that fact now did ya! ) now the very thought that light would come from them is stupid, but... good plot device and looks cool , the ears would just make em seem like idiots, hey, i got light shinin outta my ears! and besides, its not like theres a hollow space there for light to shine through, and not connected,..or rather, a direct part of the brain which is linked to the symgiont, there, I hope that piece of fan logic satisfies your curiosity, these younguns are curious arent they? aww..there ya go.,.. pats head,...aww

Old Post 10-23-2001 02:58 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
puddykat
Apophis's Queen

no your meagre answer did not satisfy my curiosty... the only way i see the light only going out of the eye is like when you use internal reflection in an optical fibre.... but that still wouldnt stop it coming out of your ears because there is no way you could reflect the light just out of your eyes!!!! BITE ME docjan

Old Post 10-23-2001 03:06 PM
puddykat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for puddykat Click here to Send puddykat a Private Message Find more posts by puddykat Add puddykat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

Ok.....now, apart from the fact it has no basis in science, if light were to come out of a goaulds ass...or wherever it comes from, and filter through the brain...''sigh'', it could come out of the eyes as they are the exposed part of the brain, look it up in a med book, it wouldnt come out of the ears as its not like a persons head is a giant empty pumpkin on the lighthouse of the body, with a light shining in the empty space between the ears and spilling out of them.... now, that may be different in ur case .. u asked for the answer, there u go. plot device with some scientific writers ass being covered by yours truly.

Last edited by president doc on 10-23-2001 at 05:02 PM

Old Post 10-23-2001 04:59 PM
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by president doc
hey, i got light shinin outta my ears

Still rotflmao 2 hrs after reading that! and the image of light coming out of a Goa'uld ass is also still cracking me up. Oh dear, perhaps that wasn't the best wording...

Old Post 10-23-2001 07:16 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

We could just let it go on the belief that the Goa'uld are also part energy as well as organic matter. They do have extrasensory capacities, able to sense other Goa'uld as well as (subtly) telepathically convey thoughts to their Jaffa surrogates. The eye-glow could be a residual psionic energy discharge as the Goa'uld "electrocutes" the host's mind into submission, allowing the Goa'uld to assert itself.

Old Post 10-24-2001 02:03 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

You should also know that the eyes aren't the only extensions of the brain. The olfactory node that senses smells is actually a projection of the brain that ends at the top of the nasal cavity.

Old Post 10-24-2001 02:05 AM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

sorry but your wrong

im sorry doc but you got it all wrong the goa'uld dosnt attach to the brain it gote onto the spinel cord right neer the brain stem
the host can still think and but just cant control the body cause the goa'uld blocks the messages from the brain to the mussels
the goa'uld has no effect (or control)on the hosts brain

i am prooved about my first point in the second epp(enimy within)where they cant un-attach the goauld without the huge risk of cutting cawalskys spine in the process

and my second about the host still being able to think in the epp where shara talks to daniel trough the ribbon device(hand device)

so there doc!!!!

*pulls down eye lid and pokes toung out*

Old Post 10-24-2001 08:02 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEATH
I AM YOUR DOOM

lol sorry its just not that often that anyone other than goa'uld jars docjan in

lol i wanted to do that for ages

OH AND THAT EPP CALLED DOUBEL JEPORDY ROCKED THAT IS THE KIND OF THING IM TALKING ABOUT NOT EVERY EPP BUT MORE OFTEN, CAUSE STARGATE NEEDS MORE ACTION.

ps) if you haven alread relised this is the new and uninproved DOH death

Last edited by DEATH on 10-24-2001 at 08:14 AM

Old Post 10-24-2001 08:09 AM
DEATH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEATH Click here to Send DEATH a Private Message Find more posts by DEATH Add DEATH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goa`uld
Descended God

Re: sorry but your wrong

quote:
Originally posted by DEATH
im sorry doc but you got it all wrong the goa'uld dosnt attach to the brain it gote onto the spinel cord right neer the brain stem
the host can still think and but just cant control the body cause the goa'uld blocks the messages from the brain to the mussels
the goa'uld has no effect (or control)on the hosts brain

i am prooved about my first point in the second epp(enimy within)where they cant un-attach the goauld without the huge risk of cutting cawalskys spine in the process

and my second about the host still being able to think in the epp where shara talks to daniel trough the ribbon device(hand device)

so there doc!!!!

*pulls down eye lid and pokes toung out*

INCORRECT

Old Post 10-24-2001 08:35 AM
Goa`uld is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goa`uld Click here to Send Goa`uld a Private Message Find more posts by Goa`uld Add Goa`uld to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote