Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Yu (spoilers for Summit/Last Stand)
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
spur
Edge Rider

YU a T'okra

Wasn't it Daniel that said in the ep were Yu comes to Erth that Yu taught the Chinese writing and in the movie the banning of writing was a weapon to stop humans from advancing?

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 11-02-2002 11:02 PM
spur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spur Click here to Send spur a Private Message Visit spur's homepage! Find more posts by spur Add spur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonas

In the movie **Ra** banned writing so that the people wouldn't know/remember the truth. We have no evidence other System Lords do the same.

It has been suggested a few times I recall that Yu might be Tok'ra, so hopefully this thread will get real interesting soon.

Old Post 11-02-2002 11:07 PM
Jonas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonas Click here to Send Jonas a Private Message Find more posts by Jonas Add Jonas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

Yu is a Tok'ra?

Old Post 11-02-2002 11:33 PM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jaffa, Kree!

so some say

Old Post 11-03-2002 01:18 AM
Jaffa, Kree! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jaffa, Kree! Click here to Send Jaffa, Kree! a Private Message Find more posts by Jaffa, Kree! Add Jaffa, Kree! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Ha, man, that would be tops. Thing is... he'd need to use a sarc to keep the same host. At best, I think he'd be a sympathiser.

Old Post 11-03-2002 02:04 AM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duke Enmes?rr
Renegade Serpent Guard!

Ah a conspirasy, Yu could well be a Tok'ra but come on think how far back that would have to go back for him to have been accepted as a system Lord. Incredible amounts of fabrication on his concievement and his loyalties.

P.S is possible (maybe)

Old Post 11-03-2002 03:53 AM
Duke Enmes?rr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duke Enmes?rr Click here to Send Duke Enmes?rr a Private Message Find more posts by Duke Enmes?rr Add Duke Enmes?rr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonas

Duke Enmes?rr?, perhaps this is more believable to you then: a Tok'ra spy infiltrates the mists of System Lord Yu, and manages to kill him off and takes over the host (the old Chinese guy).

Old Post 11-03-2002 04:31 AM
Jonas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonas Click here to Send Jonas a Private Message Find more posts by Jonas Add Jonas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chameleon
Negotiator of Chaos

Always had that nagging in the back of my head Yu as a tok'ra......As stated many times in stargate sg-1 the goa'uld system lords took people from earth and placed them on many planets. Not just the one in the movie who Ra was the placer but also many other goa'uld came and took people and put them on other planets.

Old Post 11-03-2002 05:48 AM
chameleon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chameleon Click here to Send chameleon a Private Message Visit chameleon's homepage! Find more posts by chameleon Add chameleon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent

In an Earlier Episode they mentioned Yu didn't act as a God toward the chineese, but rather he was like their first Emperor or something

he definitely isn't as cruel as the other Goa'uld...

Old Post 11-03-2002 08:18 AM
Brent is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Click here to Send Brent a Private Message Visit Brent's homepage! Find more posts by Brent Add Brent to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Minerva
bored machiavellian

but yes Yu the Great was an emperor, but he'd been placed on a godlike pedestal, a legend. kinda like King Arthur, but real. ok maybe a bit more than King Arthur.

Old Post 11-03-2002 11:40 AM
Minerva is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minerva Click here to Send Minerva a Private Message Find more posts by Minerva Add Minerva to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakazi Casper
Baaaa. Down Sheeba.

Writing was never banned on earth. It was only banned after the Tau'ri revolted against Ra. He blamed reading and writing and banned it on his other planets (or Abydos at least). That was all explained in the film.

Yu being a Tok'Ra is almost as bad as Anubis being Apophis/Sokar/the guy down the road.

She hitched a ride to misery

Old Post 11-03-2002 12:33 PM
Kamakazi Casper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakazi Casper Click here to Send Kamakazi Casper a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakazi Casper Add Kamakazi Casper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Him (Yu) being sympathetic to the Tok'Ra cause isn't bad though. It's like that moment in the episode (the name of which escapes me) where Ammonet looks right at Teal'c and Daniel, yet does nothing. I can see Yu doing something like that.

Old Post 11-03-2002 07:39 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MPH

Lord Yu is an intersting one, I don't think he is a Tok'ra but he is the most honourable of the system lords and so it seems an unoficial ally of Earth.

Old Post 11-03-2002 08:33 PM
MPH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MPH Click here to Send MPH a Private Message Find more posts by MPH Add MPH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spur
Edge Rider

Yu was the only one

Spoiler:
in Summit to not oppose the Asguard treaty
and as well in another ep I'm not sure has aired in the land of oz
Spoiler:
he fights to defend Daniel against a G'ould
What is to stop a system lord from having his own home planet were he could have willing hosts and therefore not need a sarc?

Old Post 11-03-2002 10:46 PM
spur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spur Click here to Send spur a Private Message Visit spur's homepage! Find more posts by spur Add spur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

Nothing.

And I agree with Jonas - Yu could be a Tok'ra who killed the original Goa'uld, took over the host and became Yu. IMO it wouldn't be difficult if the Tok'ra studied up on Yu's behavior.

It would have to have been done around 150-180 years ago though, since the Goa'uld can only sustain a Tau'ri or Jaffa for around 200 years without a sarcophagus (IIRC).

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 11-03-2002 10:57 PM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote