Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Will you give Jonas a chance?
What is your attitude to Jonas?
Bring him on!
I prefer Danny, but I'll give him a chance
I hate him, bring back Danny.
Who is Jonas?
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mak77

I prefer Daniel and no-one's gonna change that no matter what they do or say.
I'm glad that we're still seeing 3d season(more Daniel*smirk*) :P

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 06-14-2002 11:51 AM
Mak77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mak77 Click here to Send Mak77 a Private Message Visit Mak77's homepage! Find more posts by Mak77 Add Mak77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam K
Ice Queen

I say, bring on Jonas. I saw the first episode of the 6th season, and actually liked him, even if he's a bit perky. I'll get to see the second part of that episode tonight, and I might be able to judge a little better after that.

But personally, I couldn't care less if everyone on the show but Sam was killed off, leaving only her.

Old Post 06-14-2002 05:22 PM
Sam K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam K Click here to Send Sam K a Private Message Visit Sam K's homepage! Find more posts by Sam K Add Sam K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fixxxer
With all do respect Sir..

I don't want danny

he lef the SGC
he got out of the show
he betrayed us

Jonas is cool !!! I prefer him over Danny

Old Post 06-18-2002 05:39 PM
Fixxxer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fixxxer Click here to Send Fixxxer a Private Message Visit Fixxxer's homepage! Find more posts by Fixxxer Add Fixxxer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Falcon Horus

I give Jonas a chance but I still have the feeling that Daniel is just going to walk into the room and be a part of SG-1 again. He's still there!!

Falcon Horus

HAMMOND: The US Air Force.

TEAL'C: In medical matters, Dr. Fraiser may overrule those of any rank.

O'NEILL: I'm not getting all my memos.

Old Post 06-19-2002 06:37 AM
Falcon Horus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon Horus Click here to Send Falcon Horus a Private Message Find more posts by Falcon Horus Add Falcon Horus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

Okay, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this. And note: this is only some observation that popped into my head. It is not the actualy truth. It is no more than a certain point of view. Please do not kill me.

Okay then.

It seems to me that MS kinda threw a prima-ballerina thing. He didn't think his character was getting enough attention so he threatens to leave. The powers-that-be called his bluff and said 'fine, if you wanna go, there's the door, don't let it hit you in the butt on the way out.'

It was ultimately MS's decision to leave, and frankly, I'm not as sorry as I probably should be as a die-hard-nutso-stargate-fan to see him go. If he feels he's reached the end of his involvement with the show, and wants to move on, then good for him!

And as for Jonas, as weird as it seems to me because I found him to be annoying when I first saw him in Meridian, I actually almost like him. He reminds me of a friend of mine. The way he reads everything and is so fascinated with everything. What can I say? In the space of the first two season six episodes, he's kinda grown on me. He's just such a big dork. It's creepy. I mean, I feel I should dislike him, but I don't; He's okay. He's the universe's biggest Dork, but he's okay.

(OT: I miss Doyle. I mean I really like Wesley and Gunn's okay. But I still miss Doyle!)

Old Post 06-22-2002 10:13 AM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shiloh
Radix lecti

I'm getting to like Jonas a lot.

He was a little to much like an over-anxious puppy at the beginning trying to get everyone to like him, but that is part of the evolution of the character. He's settling in nicely, thank you very much, and while I'm sad MS decided leave, like Kalia said he chose to leave, he'll be back for one or two episodes, that's nice, but that should not have any bearing on Jonas at all.

Personally I'm hoping that we'll have a very Jonas-centered episode soon.

Old Post 06-24-2002 04:26 PM
shiloh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shiloh Click here to Send shiloh a Private Message Find more posts by shiloh Add shiloh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mousie_Grr
I need a psychiatrist?

Jonas is actualy quite cool in the only season 6 ep i have seen (descent) cos i am in the uk, boo hoo.
So yeah ill give jonas a chance but ill still miss daniel
Thanx Alyssa x

Old Post 06-25-2002 07:09 PM
Mousie_Grr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mousie_Grr Click here to Send Mousie_Grr a Private Message Visit Mousie_Grr's homepage! Find more posts by Mousie_Grr Add Mousie_Grr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jemme

I haven't actually seen Jonas in action properly..............only in music vids and stuff.
But my general feeling is that hes got that sweet naive thing going on and I just love that.
I do really miss Daniel though.....I dunno, if when I get round to actually seeing season 6, if it'll feel right.
If you know what I mean!

Old Post 06-30-2002 08:48 PM
jemme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jemme Click here to Send jemme a Private Message Find more posts by jemme Add jemme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jemme
*NUKED* *
Kathania

I can't say what I think of Jonas as I haven't even watched the last episodes of season four yet.
But I can say that I hate when I've "followed" sudden people on a show for years and then suddently - they die.
It sucks.....

"I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle." Carter

Cap. Kathania Kiachar

Old Post 07-02-2002 03:07 PM
Kathania is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kathania Click here to Send Kathania a Private Message Find more posts by Kathania Add Kathania to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mousie_Grr
I need a psychiatrist?

Jonas is kinda sweet very alive but he seems sweet and jack is giving him the usual welcome.

Old Post 07-02-2002 04:34 PM
Mousie_Grr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mousie_Grr Click here to Send Mousie_Grr a Private Message Visit Mousie_Grr's homepage! Find more posts by Mousie_Grr Add Mousie_Grr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jemme

Jack is pulling that 'way of the warrior crap' as Sam puts it.

Old Post 07-02-2002 07:48 PM
jemme is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jemme Click here to Send jemme a Private Message Find more posts by jemme Add jemme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaila
Humor me.

What I really like is the whole Sam/Jack thing. I don't mean anything shippery, but their friendship. I downloaded the first two eps of season6 and it looks like Sam has really gone out of her way to be less formal with her CO. I had worried that Jack would totally be an ass come season six after 'losing' Danny. But it looks like his team has brought him through it, which is why I think even Jack is ready to deal with Jonas. Well, it's either Jonas or a russian, and we all know how Jack feels about them. Honestly, in his mind, the cold war never ended.

(note: ass = stubborn mule)

Oh and one more thing:
You know where it says on the poll 'Who is Jonas', I reckon it should be 'What is a Jonas?'

:P

Last edited by Kaila on 07-02-2002 at 11:57 PM

Old Post 07-02-2002 11:54 PM
Kaila is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kaila Click here to Send Kaila a Private Message Find more posts by Kaila Add Kaila to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sandy

Well I gave Jonas a chance and I still can't stand the guy !!!

That smug grin just makes want to ask him what he's so happy about all the time?

Sure I would rather have Daniel back but if thats not an option then I would rather not have had Jonas in the show at all.

Old Post 07-05-2002 07:50 AM
Sandy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sandy Find more posts by Sandy Add Sandy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

The smug grin is because he knows hes kicked daniel jackson out of the team and will worm his way into the hearts of SG fans everywhere and then lay his eggs of delight!

Old Post 07-05-2002 10:05 AM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote