Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > Plots and Episodes > Fire and Water
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

Fire and Water

Did anyone watch this on Sky One tonight?? I was like "Oh dear me, it's this that the production guy was talking about when he said they had been building to the sequel from S1" - and it's true, at the end, the fish guy says "We will meet again some day" or something, and I was like yeah, when Danny's a floaty fairy and you are the leader of SGA-1 in the sequel to Stargate. And did Carter not look stunning when they first came through the gate?!

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 01-17-2002 07:27 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

No comment abt Carter, but you really think thats the one? Altho I suppose they could link all that water to Atlantis. But erm ... Spoiler for end of SG series 5

Spoiler:
How are you thinking to link them with the ... white Oma Desala people, who Daniel'll turn into?

Old Post 01-17-2002 07:59 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

It would have made for an interesting reunion, as Danny does now know "What fate Shau're."

The Goa'uld Belus was the one who killed Amaroca, and Belus is by pretty much all accounts the one known as Baal. Wasn't Baal in "Summit"?

Nem was a pretty interesting antagonist. For a man(?) who wasn't ardent enough to follow his mate to Earth in her fight against the Goa'uld, or to go there to find out her fate, he was very passionate as to getting those answers out of Daniel.

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Old Post 01-17-2002 07:59 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhydderch Hael
The Radiation King

Location: On station at a distant underground nuclear missile silo...

The episode also showed us a nifty way to break across the language barrier. At first, Nem did not speak a word, but had Daniel read some Bayblonian texts on the wall. As he was translating aloud what was written into what was spoken, Nem was able to pick up the intricacies of the English lanuage. And even after that, Nem wasn't exactly speaking English with any fluency.

'Twas better than what happened in "Emancipation", where SG-1 was slowly trying to communicate with a native, unsure if he could even understand them, and then all of a sudden the native answers them in English, and SG-1 expresses relief of not having to communicate throughout the episode via subtitles that would appear magically at the bottom of their field of vision...

Dogs rock. Shut up.

Last edited by Rhydderch Hael on 01-17-2002 at 08:08 PM

Old Post 01-17-2002 08:05 PM
Rhydderch Hael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rhydderch Hael Click here to Send Rhydderch Hael a Private Message Find more posts by Rhydderch Hael Add Rhydderch Hael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Indiana
I'm a Junkie-Monkey!

Location: Incommincado Tyler Durden says: Do we really need another women?

Fire and Water was one of the strong episodes of Season One. Nem was a part of Babylon. This must be some sort of ancient advanced world that he lived in and The Goa'uld destroyed. The mian episode in S1 that made any connections to the Ancients whom are believed to be connected to Atlantis was "The Torment of Tantalus". That was a real great episode. It really took us somewhere different and you tought, hmm...this is really good.

"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Old Post 01-17-2002 08:15 PM
Indiana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana Click here to Send Indiana a Private Message Visit Indiana's homepage! Find more posts by Indiana Add Indiana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
No comment abt Carter, but you really think thats the one? Altho I suppose they could link all that water to Atlantis. But erm ... Spoiler for end of SG series 5
Spoiler:
How are you thinking to link them with the ... white Oma Desala people, who Daniel'll turn into?

I was thinking "Atlantis.....Big Fish Man that Lives Underwater and had history on Earth.....Atlantis.....Big Fish Man that Lives Underwater and had history on Earth....Atlantis....Big Fish Man that Lives Underwater and had history on Earth" then it hit me.

Old Post 01-17-2002 08:16 PM
Bose-Einstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bose-Einstein Click here to Send Bose-Einstein a Private Message Find more posts by Bose-Einstein Add Bose-Einstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

But wasn't Atlantis in a totally different time? Interestign abt Baal tho... Did he remind anyone of Aragorn??

Old Post 01-17-2002 08:21 PM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bose-Einstein
The 3rd Libra

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
But wasn't Atlantis in a totally different time? Interestign abt Baal tho... Did he remind anyone of Aragorn??

In the writerverse, time is replaced by a mysterious concept known as "Artistic Licence" - whereby dead people may be brought to life, and time reversed if they see fit. etc....

Old Post 01-17-2002 08:24 PM
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

This just occured to me so it may not be completely correct but here it goes...

The Egyptian uprising against the goa'uld occured when Ameroca(SP?) came to earth to help out. Now there were two civilizations going by the name of Babylon. One that took over the Sumerians area in which was ran by Hammurabi around 2340 B.C. and another brought back by Nebuchadnezzar, the Chaldean/Babylonian Empire that captured the Assyrain Empire. Now these are two time zones that we can help to pinpoint a time that the uprising against the Goa'uld.

Old Post 01-17-2002 10:03 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
president doc

sure kid, knock yerself out

untill the old writers decide to write it....

Old Post 01-17-2002 10:15 PM
president doc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for president doc Click here to Send president doc a Private Message Visit president doc's homepage! Find more posts by president doc Add president doc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee
The Origional Lee Avatar

Wait for writers...no way. Their way to slow...and incorrect in history and physics.

Old Post 01-17-2002 10:20 PM
Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Click here to Send Lee a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Add Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote