Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Gaters.net : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.7 Gaters.net > In-Depth Discussions > Where do little queens come from?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trucker

Where do little queens come from?

All the current queens seem happy popping out regular old worker/warrior type snakes. Does a new queen mature only if there's no other present? Maybe the present queen sends out some kind of suppresive pheromones. *wonders*

Report this post to a moderator | ? + *

Old Post 12-09-2002 05:41 PM
Trucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trucker Click here to Send Trucker a Private Message Visit Trucker's homepage! Find more posts by Trucker Add Trucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

I think that the queen is not just the goa'uld, but the combination of the queen goa'uld and a special host. There is no gap on the human body for larva to realistacally be able to escape from.

I think the queen is a genetic anomaly that occurs ever something-or-so larva, they are implanted in an engineered host.

So IMHO, the queen is only created AFTER blending because there is a two-fold requirement, special parasite and special host. Which would well explain why Hathor referred to herself as "we", she was actually a "we" not just a nutcase (though maybe that aswell).

Old Post 12-10-2002 03:35 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
320rwekfpl
*NUKED* *
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar

I think the queen is a genetic anomaly that occurs ever something-or-so larva, they are implanted in an engineered host.

That cant be

cuz Share was not an engineered host.

but I think you are right. The queen symbiote does need a special host that is why she rejected so many women before Share come

Old Post 12-10-2002 05:46 AM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

cuz Share was not an engineered host.
Amonet was not a queen. She was Apophis' queen but not a Goa'uld queen, if you catch my drift.

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:40 AM
Lord ?okar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord ?okar Click here to Send Lord ?okar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord ?okar Add Lord ?okar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D?W?R
1st Prime of Apophis

ok

I do

but how do you know that

and where did all those little larva in the Chulak temple come from

Old Post 12-10-2002 06:51 AM
D?W?R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D?W?R Click here to Send D?W?R a Private Message Find more posts by D?W?R Add D?W?R to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOneKEA
You shot me! DIE!!

I think the Goa'uld queens are like asexually-reproducing organisms, with two exceptions: their offspring are integrated with foreign (not from a member of their species) DNA, and their offspring can contribute their own DNA to the queen to produce a new individual.

Plus, a Goa'uld queen needs a female host to be able to give birth to the larvae, like Hathor did.

No NUKAGE yet!

Old Post 12-10-2002 10:05 AM
TheOneKEA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOneKEA Click here to Send TheOneKEA a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneKEA Add TheOneKEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

Aww, "little queen", how cute.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord ?okar
Amonet was not a queen. She was Apophis' queen but not a Goa'uld queen, if you catch my drift.

I agree, but then what about Klorel? Surely he (the symbiote)can't have been her (Amaunet's) biological child, cos.... she'd've spawned more, and besides, she's not a Goa'uld queen, as Hathor was. What's the phrase, Queen Bee? Anyway, so the next deduction seems to be that Klorel was "adopted", but from where, and considering the whole genetic memory thing ....

Any ideas?

Old Post 12-10-2002 11:18 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex8472
dead and loving it

prhaps the queen is just a very old gou'ald
as for the speciefic host
naaaa
if they were in a tight situation they couldn't b fussy could they???

or am i just rambling

Old Post 12-10-2002 12:30 PM
alex8472 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex8472 Click here to Send alex8472 a Private Message Visit alex8472's homepage! Find more posts by alex8472 Add alex8472 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
Aww, "little queen", how cute.

I agree, but then what about Klorel? Surely he (the symbiote)can't have been her (Amaunet's) biological child, cos.... she'd've spawned more, and besides, she's not a Goa'uld queen, as Hathor was. What's the phrase, Queen Bee? Anyway, so the next deduction seems to be that Klorel was "adopted", but from where, and considering the whole genetic memory thing ....

Any ideas?

Perhaps the Queen who bore Apophis also bore Klorel, however since Apophis was born first, he took the role as Klorels father. They would both have the same line of genetic memory, however Apophis has perhaps thousands more years of experience and knowledge making him senior to Klorel.

Old Post 12-10-2002 09:53 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord ?okar
Supreme System Lord

But that would make Klorel as old as Ra (Ra and Apophis born from same queen). No I think he only matured then. Maybe Apophis had like a queen hidden in the sidelines producing larva and he just took one.

Old Post 12-10-2002 10:03 PM
Anudist
*nuked*

Well your assuming the Queen who bore Apophis and Ra is long since dead. She could still be producing more and more Goa'uld to this day, Klorel being a recent one.

Also dont forget that any Goa'uld she does produce still has to mature within a Jaffa. I'm not aware of the time frame for maturation however.

Old Post 12-10-2002 10:25 PM
Anudist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anudist Click here to Send Anudist a Private Message Find more posts by Anudist Add Anudist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry
A big honking space gun!

HHhhmmm what about Egeria? She used that big 'sack' to produce kids.

Old Post 12-11-2002 07:21 AM
Barry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Click here to Send Barry a Private Message Find more posts by Barry Add Barry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Venus

quote:
Originally posted by Anudist
She could still be producing more and more Goa'uld to this day, Klorel being a recent one.

But surely she'd only be loyal to one other Goa'uld? (Say if it were Apophis, Apophis isn't exactly gonna let her then go help Ra's lineage as well) And if so, then why did Apophis then take Amaunet as his Queen? (Although he did seem, at points, to genuinely love her... But then, if he did, did he love her enough to forsake heirs?)

Old Post 12-11-2002 10:49 AM
Venus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Venus Click here to Send Venus a Private Message Find more posts by Venus Add Venus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anudist
*nuked*

quote:
Originally posted by Venus
But surely she'd only be loyal to one other Goa'uld? (Say if it were Apophis, Apophis isn't exactly gonna let her then go help Ra's lineage as well) And if so, then why did Apophis then take Amaunet as his Queen? (Although he did seem, at points, to genuinely love her... But then, if he did, did he love her enough to forsake heirs?)

lol your over thinking...STOP THAT

Have we confirmed Amaunet was a real queen? I know he reffered to her as a Queen but it could have been an earned title.
Maybe all Goa'uld have a common instinct to protect the Queens? Part of their genetic memory contains the knowledge that their race can only be furthered as a whole by the Queens.

Old Post 12-11-2002 11:24 AM